R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Hobby boxes (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/78593-hobby-boxes.html)

Hoggy 07-21-2005 05:23 AM

Hobby boxes

Hey All just wondering what u guys carry all your stuff in.

Do u have like a Tool Box, or a Hobby box from a RC Company??

dct147 07-21-2005 09:16 AM

I use a simple sports sling bag to carry my car, tx and fuel and some spare batts and a camber gauge.
Accompanied by my tool box where i have some spare parts , glow heater, few tires and other tools. but i`m simple as i don`t have to carry a starter box and a good "precious" TX :p

I`ve seen some guys with cool and spacious RC bags, looks good, but to me, if only necessary.

Have also seen 1 joker carrying a shopping cart dumping everything in it, with his car right at the top of it. i`m serious. :ha: :ha:

i hope this helps !

nsxshogun 07-21-2005 09:56 AM

That shopping cart wouldn't be a bad Idea. Especially if you live within a few blocks or walking distance from the track.

Rapid Roy 07-21-2005 10:03 AM

Most guys around here use fishing tackle boxes. They use the tool box style for most of the stuff. For lots of small parts they use the flat tray type containers that have the multiple small adjustable compartments. I have found that Plano makes the largest variety at a resonable cost. After that, you can get the RC specific gear bags or get cheap duffle type bags to keep it all together.

nsxshogun 07-21-2005 10:08 AM

Plano boxes are best. They hold tools and spares easily.

dct147 07-21-2005 10:24 AM

fishing tackle boxes are great.

shopping carts are convenient , but if u`re going places to race or practice, it might be a little inconvenient. especially if u`d ever forget a thing or 2. bags are just great for a last min check . making sure u bring everything. just my opinion.

my vote for ANY SORT of bags that work all the way! :nod:

nigelnuggets 07-21-2005 10:28 AM

its all about plano. :)

dct147 07-21-2005 10:33 AM

PHP Code:

nigelnuggets its all about plano

Have heard so much about this brand. but have not seen 1 so far.

Damn gotta check it out! :nod:

nsxshogun 07-21-2005 10:36 AM

If you want Ill grab a picture of mine. But check in your local sporting goods store where the fishing stuff is. Walmart may have some also.

007kel 07-21-2005 12:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I use the Plano 737 for my onroad parts and tools. But I also have the Stanley boxes w/wheels (the pic shows a similar version of what I have). It's got a large bin box for your starter box, car, maybe a Integy or Hudy setup. Middle box has a drawer for parts. And the top is for tools and such.

Francis M. 07-21-2005 03:47 PM

I like the Ofna bag. I think they come with tool organizer and it also has
a compartment for setup boards.

Artificial-I 07-21-2005 04:02 PM

The ofna bag is a nice bag. Its also the heaviest by probably 3 times. I know there is one like it with wheels and all and doesnt weigh as much. But like 2 days ago I was at my rc shop which has a really great selection of bags and I picked up each and every one. I had to pick up the ofna bag and go , omg I just realized its empty....lol.

Its good if you dont have to carry it and can wheel it around, but I pray for those that cant use the wheel feature. But in and out of the car completely empty it will kill you. So with all my stuff in it, I figure Ill have that good mcdonalds milk shake vein down my forehead when I goto yank this puppy from my car.

That and the big ol ofna on the side of the bag doesnt really sit well with me. Its shouting from the mountain tops. Hi , this is an ofna bag and...were a cheap company , oh and btw if you dont know about me , just check the website. www.ofnaholycrapthesewordsarehuge.com

LOL.

nsxshogun 07-22-2005 06:10 AM

http://shopserpent.secure-shops6.com...sp?itemid=1476 Nice!!!