Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New JACO 2-stage tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 02:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default New JACO 2-stage tires

JACO will begin production of our new 2-stage sedan tires this week for release in preparation for the Toledo race. These are the same tires Josh Cyrul used to win the ROAR Nats last weekend in Texas. We will be shipping Thursday to our distributors and dealers. These tires are lighter and get more bite than standard foam tires. All of our testing has been positive, but I won't make any claims. Let's let the tires speak for themselves.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

What will they be named? What will happen with the current selection, is it getting discontinued?
Old 07-19-2005, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

And what will the price be?
Old 07-19-2005, 03:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

We will still offer our current line. This is strictly a race tire and the price will be slightly higher so there is still room for the regular tires in the product line. We will call them 2-stage or "wraps" as they have been called by our drivers. Right now we are "rushing" them to market to meet the demand. Details on part numbers and availability will follow. I say "rushing" because we have been working on this tire for years. We have finally developed a way to mass produce the tires, as they are difficult to make.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

I would guess street price will be in the mid teens. You won't see this tire online for a ridiculously low price. It costs too much to make and the performance justifies a slightly higher price.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

How's the wear rate on them. As with all foam tires they wear quickly but I was hoping someone would create something long lasting. Also will they be avaliable through acehardwarehobbies.com?
Old 07-19-2005, 03:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Wear is quite good. Our testing has shown slightly better wear than conventional tires and we attribute this to less wheel spin. I'm sure it depends on the track. Yes, they will be available from Ace.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:31 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nsxshogun
How's the wear rate on them. As with all foam tires they wear quickly but I was hoping someone would create something long lasting. Also will they be avaliable through acehardwarehobbies.com?
We ran the "wraps" on Ralph's car for a day and half of practice ,and 4 rounds of qul. And I think we lost about a 1.5 mm in that time!
Old 07-19-2005, 03:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Was the surface sprayed with VHT?

Well anyway I think I know what kind of tires I'm gonna get from now on. Hmmm I wonder how good they will be in a parking lot for racing and just bashing around.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Also will ace have them on thrusday cause ill definatly buy atleast one set.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nsxshogun
Was the surface sprayed with VHT?

Well anyway I think I know what kind of tires I'm gonna get from now on. Hmmm I wonder how good they will be in a parking lot for racing and just bashing around.
Sugar Water!
Old 07-19-2005, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

How do these compare to the jaco nitro shoes? Will they come in dish or spoke rim?
Old 07-19-2005, 04:02 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
How do these compare to the jaco nitro shoes? Will they come in dish or spoke rim?
As of now, yes they will come on our current Nitro Shoe wheel which we have made a few changes to for this year that has increase the overall strenght of the wheel.

Korgae

JACO.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Korgae
As of now, yes they will come on our current Nitro Shoe wheel which we have made a few changes to for this year that has increase the overall strenght of the wheel.

Korgae

JACO.
you have? I must of got some first run rims with my last go around, have four sets of fronts that all broke out at the hex.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:24 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Maybe you did get some from a older batch.

You can send them in and we will have a look for you.

We are always looking and testing new plastics that have a chance of withstanding 50MPH+ crashes but with the speeds and the weight these cars have, its always a uphill battle.

Since the 2 stages are lighter and constructed a different way, it opens a new chapter for us. In testing we have not had any tire or wheel failure.

Korgae

JACO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.