Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rc Nitro Stockcars New Zealand

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 04:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Rc Nitro Stockcars New Zealand

Hi all just though i would put what we/i race here in new zealand nitro stockcars these are a new zealand style stockcar this class is full contact we have custom made steel chassis weighting around 5.5 kg / 12 lbs build around a 1/10 on road touring car with the max engine size of a .15 these are fast around 40 to 50 km raced on an oval 20 meters/65 feet long and 10 meters/32 feet wide

copy and paste this into youtube Nitro stockcars Wanganui

what does every one think of them its a very different style of racing
Thank you very much for your time
Corey
Attached Thumbnails Rc Nitro Stockcars New Zealand-pic_0085.jpg   Rc Nitro Stockcars New Zealand-pic_0001.jpg  
Old 01-04-2014, 06:07 AM
Tech Lord

England and the Netherlands have a huge amount of drivers organising several championchips like EC's and WC's.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:58 PM
Tech Initiate

is there any contact in that ?
Old 01-04-2014, 11:56 PM
Tech Lord

The Dutch organisation with the links to several clubs: http://www.modelstockcar.nl/

(Run it through Google translation to read it in English)
Old 01-05-2014, 02:45 AM
Tech Initiate

cheers for that yea is like the British stockcars no full on hitting thats what we do here full on crashing on purpose its very enjoyable apart from your wallet 1/10 touring cars are not really designed to do 50 km into a solid steel wall u go though alot of spur gears to haha thanks im building a new car will be posting pictures up when i start in a couple of weeks
Old 01-05-2014, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cds13
Hi all just though i would put what we/i race here in new zealand nitro stockcars these are a new zealand style stockcar this class is full contact we have custom made steel chassis weighting around 5.5 kg / 12 lbs build around a 1/10 on road touring car with the max engine size of a .15 these are fast around 40 to 50 km raced on an oval 20 meters/65 feet long and 10 meters/32 feet wide

copy and paste this into youtube Nitro stockcars Wanganui

what does every one think of them its a very different style of racing
Thank you very much for your time
Corey
Why in heavens name would u wanna put 12lbs of steel on a r/c car!!!! N with a track that wide why in He!! Would there be contact!
Old 01-05-2014, 02:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Baaaaaaaa

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
Why in heavens name would u wanna put 12lbs of steel on a r/c car!!!! N with a track that wide why in He!! Would there be contact!
Don't worry cheat.......they do weird sh*t with sheep in New Zealand also
Old 01-05-2014, 03:20 PM
Tech Initiate

the track dimensions are the out side dimensions the part that you drive on is 1 meter wide about 4-5 feet and its alot of fun completely full contact the track has a catch fence you go out on to the track really to try and destroy each others cars well thats the idea any way why put 12lb on a car well its based around the real new zealand stockcars and the weight has to be there for the hits you can roll cars just go out and have fun the rc stockcars are really for people that cant afford a real stockcar we go racing once a month go and have a good time is just enjoyable to do i cant put a link up be if you go on youtube
copy and paste this (wanganui rc nitro stock cars) then that will give you an idea of what is like thanks ps there is an electric version of these there not as fun they weight less and run a 23 turn brushed motor thanks theres some photos of the damage these take
Attached Thumbnails Rc Nitro Stockcars New Zealand-sdc10220d.jpg   Rc Nitro Stockcars New Zealand-sdc10222v.jpg   Rc Nitro Stockcars New Zealand-sdc10227m.jpg  
Old 01-05-2014, 03:25 PM
Tech Initiate

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
here is the videos cheers btw the second video the fence was brand new and the brown/black car bends four fence posts in a day only in new zealand
Old 01-06-2014, 05:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I think the scale fence around the track was cool!!!! Looks real.......but the rest Probably fun tho!
Old 01-06-2014, 06:14 AM
Tech Regular

pretty cool , and i like the fence too.............
Old 01-06-2014, 06:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Wheres the fun? And do drivers forget to turn? o_O
Old 01-06-2014, 06:42 AM
Tech Champion

Looks like fun to me.. You know what's going to happen though.. The Stiffly Stiffersons will start dumping tons of money into it, investing all kinds of time and money into "set-up", modded engines, rollcages and whatever else - basically sapping all the fun out of it.. Then there will be a "governing body" bickering over the "rules", an "open" class, etc etc...
Old 01-06-2014, 04:45 PM
Tech Initiate

never heard of the word turn its pretty hard to turn as the weight of the cars why turn if you have a wall right? if you were actually driving one then you would see how much fun it is yes the fence it awesome its there for safety more then anything else it does work most of the time but they have a national champs and other events for these. there is a
new zealand remote control speedway (NZRCS that enforces rules and you have to get licences though them for liability insurance in case a viewer gets hit by a car flying off the track cheers i didn't expect so much interest
Old 01-06-2014, 06:10 PM
Tech Initiate

never heard of the word turn its pretty hard to turn as the weight of the cars why turn if you have a wall right? if you were actually driving one then you would see how much fun it is yes the fence it awesome its there for safety more then anything else it does work most of the time but they have a national champs and other events for these. there is a
new zealand remote control speedway (NZRCS that enforces rules and you have to get licences though them for liability insurance in case a viewer gets hit by a car flying off the track cheers i didn't expect so much interest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.