Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Did nitro die? >

Did nitro die?

Did nitro die?

Old 12-30-2013, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Did nitro die?

Haven't been on here in about a year. Came here and saw 374 viewers in the electric off road and only 33 in here. Ddaayyuumm. Has it got that bad? Or is it just the winter?

Wow. Wasn't expecting this.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

There's no denying that brushless motors and LiPo batteries took a bunch of market share from nitro.

I used to be a nitro diehard and now I'm all electric. I don't even touch my gas or nitro RCs.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

There's no denying that brushless motors and LiPo batteries took a bunch of market share from nitro.

I used to be a nitro diehard and now I'm all electric. I don't even touch my gas or nitro RCs.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper

Die imperial scum!!!
Yeah theres a few of us maintaining the rebel base here on Hoth. But its just indoor season right now. When it warms up the nitro guys will crawl out of hibernation.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'll say this from my own experience. I got into this game a diehard nitro on roard guy . But due to the growing inconvenience of having to hit the parking lots at the crack of dawn (living in NY in order not to disturb anyone) just to enjoy my cars is becoming a hassle for me. Luckily, I'm the type to enjoy the design/custom/build phase as much if not more than the driving; I work on my cars everyday, yet drive them about once a month, if that much. That said, while the squeaky sound of electric motors could never replace the sound of nitro engines, an electric car will at least enable me to drive at a normal hour of the day without the concern of noise pollution. Thats enough to convert me. Furthermore electric motors, lipo's and the general technology of electric cars has come a long way and these cars are very very cool.

So, while I will probably continue to be a nitro guy, I'm going to give electric a shot. and soon...
Old 12-30-2013, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evo 13
I'll say this from my own experience. I got into this game a diehard nitro on roard guy . But due to the growing inconvenience of having to hit the parking lots at the crack of dawn (living in NY in order not to disturb anyone) just to enjoy my cars is becoming a hassle for me. Luckily, I'm the type to enjoy the design/custom/build phase as much if not more than the driving; I work on my cars everyday, yet drive them about once a month, if that much. That said, while the squeaky sound of electric motors could never replace the sound of nitro engines, an electric car will at least enable me to drive at a normal hour of the day without the concern of noise pollution. Thats enough to convert me. Furthermore electric motors, lipo's and the general technology of electric cars has come a long way and these cars are very very cool.

So, while I will probably continue to be a nitro guy, I'm going to give electric a shot. and soon...
Evo knowing your love for scale looks and speed. I see an Electric GT8 in your near future.

I am working on an electric GT8 for testing to start a set of easy to follow class rules.

IGT8F "Green" GT8 Coming very soon.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

It all depends on area up north n mid west are in hibernation mode and most go indoors to get carpet burns
But in areas were the weather is spring summer year round nitro is alive
Old 12-30-2013, 07:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Its kind of like keyboardist that like the ease of carrying around a light, do-it-all kind of keyboard. But there are those who won't play anything but the authentic instruments. No copy of that sound will do.

I have a few electric RCs, but the nitros rule my roost. Electric is a substitute until I can fire up my nitros. I actually started on electric, but nitros make me feel like I'm more into the hobby. Charge, put in and run...... BORING. lol
Old 12-30-2013, 07:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My son thinks the electric is better. He is very lazy so kind of expected him to say that.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Excuses .. excuses!!

You'll long for the sound and the smell and all suffer from tuning screwdriver withdrawal.
No endurance, all sprint racing and more arguments than ever. Changing rules, claiming it's better, easier, cheaper.... Visiting psychologists telling them there's something missing in your life!

Nothing good comes easy!
Old 12-30-2013, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Duplicate
Old 12-30-2013, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dflat57
My son thinks the electric is better. He is very lazy so kind of expected him to say that.
He(your son) was just born into this generation of instant gratification.

I thoroughly enjoy the challenges nitro introduces to the sport. It makes it as close to real scale racing. Everything has to be just right and Lady luck has to be on your side or in your favor to win at times.

I have seen World Champions laps ahead of the field and then lose the race from a simple error like the battery didn't charge all the way or a screw came loose or back out, a shock popped off etc.

The sound, smell and burning sensation in your eyes when running Nitro fills me with JOY!
Old 12-30-2013, 08:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tonylunatic
Evo knowing your love for scale looks and speed. I see an Electric GT8 in your near future.

I am working on an electric GT8 for testing to start a set of easy to follow class rules.

IGT8F "Green" GT8 Coming very soon.
Electric GT8 might be worth looking into Tony. Up until now, I had been looking at the 1/10. Keep me posted on the development of your E GT8.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dflat57
Its kind of like keyboardist that like the ease of carrying around a light, do-it-all kind of keyboard. But there are those who won't play anything but the authentic instruments. No copy of that sound will do.

I have a few electric RCs, but the nitros rule my roost. Electric is a substitute until I can fire up my nitros. I actually started on electric, but nitros make me feel like I'm more into the hobby. Charge, put in and run...... BORING. lol
It'll be a substitute for me as well, unless I can trick it to go faster than my nitros. But to your point. Figuring out the set up and how to make the nitro's work def brings more to the hobby then simply plug & run.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:13 PM
Tech Lord

Comparing electric offroad with gas onroad..... Let me remind you that offroad always has been populair.

By the way, recently there were some topics about the dying nitro, look them up and you will read the same answers everywhere.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.