Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR GT Rules

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

Default ROAR GT Rules

Just saw the GT Rules published on the ROAR website this morning. Here is the link.

ROAR GT 8 Rules
Old 10-30-2013, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Didn't anyone bother to tell them we don't need these rules. We already have the GT8F.
Those are the rules.
Making up more rules will just confuse the situation.

Sorry ROAR but you missed the boat on this one.
Not that I plan on running a ROAR event anyway. So I guess from that point of view it doesn't matter what I think.

Just my thoughts then

Regards
BM
Old 10-30-2013, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

but it takes time for roar to get things passed as we all know this was stuff that was installed before some people decided open motor unlimited mods ect. was what was needed but i am sure GLC and the MWS will go by roar rules along with many others
Old 10-30-2013, 09:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by British Menace
Didn't anyone bother to tell them we don't need these rules. We already have the GT8F.
Those are the rules.
Making up more rules will just confuse the situation.

Sorry ROAR but you missed the boat on this one.
Not that I plan on running a ROAR event anyway. So I guess from that point of view it doesn't matter what I think.

Just my thoughts then

Regards
BM
I disagree ROAR is the official sanctioning body not IGT8F. There are a good number of racers that miss out on ROAR Nats and so on with GT and this may be our chance. This is a great news for the GT class and should bring attention from more manufacturers. This is very exciting to me, I know how hard a lot of my friends have worked to get this done. Congrats gents!
Old 10-30-2013, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hmm, Lic body

6mm carb hole

Qual and run on the same tires

no dish wheel

and any .21 but restrict the .25-.28

You've got to be kidding me, we here at OFNA don't care to these rules. We have new cars comming that will push beyond this, you can suck on these rules, GT8 drivers will have their own guidelines for a better race. 6mm insert sounds more like "Arrrrummm" with no torque instead "BRAAAAPP!!!!" Expolding with speed. GT8 want to go as fast as a 1/10th sedan or sound as fast. So when our X car comes we will beyond the limit of your rules and guys are going to race it.

And I also take that the DM-1 no longer works in the rule.

AGAIN SUCK IT ROAR

DJ SANDATE
OFNA RACING
Old 10-30-2013, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

PPpppffff so sad to see those rules ... LICENSED BODIES ONLY ?, come on !!!

Worst things happen when somebody that doesnt know about the class, put rules over it ...

IGT8F rules this ...

cya
Old 10-30-2013, 09:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

...not any motors
.21 buggy motors.....shrug

Roar dropped the ball.

6mm carb opening LOL slow them down boys.

Originally Posted by -R2-
Hmm, Lic body

6mm carb hole

Qual and run on the same tires

no dish wheel

and any .21 but restrict the .25-.28

You've got to be kidding me, we here at OFNA don't care to these rules. We have new cars comming that will push beyond this, you can suck on these rules, GT8 drivers will have their own guidelines for a better race. 6mm insert sounds more like "Arrrrummm" with no torque instead "BRAAAAPP!!!!" Expolding with speed. GT8 want to go as fast as a 1/10th sedan or sound as fast. So when our X car comes we will beyond the limit of your rules and guys are going to race it.

And I also take that the DM-1 no longer works in the rule.

AGAIN SUCK IT ROAR

DJ SANDATE
OFNA RACING
Old 10-30-2013, 10:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I also read these on the roar site and have a few issues about the "licensed body" rule and dish wheel but take it easy.... Did you actually read the paragraph above the rules

I copied and pasted and high lighted the part you ignored or missed about making adjustments as needed.

Originally Posted by TerribleTy
I disagree ROAR is the official sanctioning body not IGT8F. There are a good number of racers that miss out on ROAR Nats and so on with GT and this may be our chance. This is a great news for the GT class and should bring attention from more manufacturers. This is very exciting to me, I know how hard a lot of my friends have worked to get this done. Congrats gents!

I Agree this is a very good start

With the growing popularity of the GT8 class and at the request of our members we have decided on a rules package for this class. ROAR will monitor how this rules package is working and will make adjustments as needed

GT8 RACING Rules

SEE ROAR 9.2 GENERAL VEHICLE SPECIFICATIONS
1. Engine: SEE 9.3 of ROAR~ any buggy engine of .21 size or ready to run kit with a factory .25 or .28 (must keep pull start on .25 and .28 if ready to run came with it.) No engine modifications may be made to any engine.
1. Max carb bore 6mm 7mm Carb bore would be better, Tuning a 6mm Carb bore to its potntial can be very tricky
2. Pipes: ROAR guidelines.
1. Rubber extensions to stinger OK
2. No internal moving parts”.
3. Chassis: Any 1/8 scale buggy or Truggy based shaft driven nitro powered vehicle. ( off-road conversion is OK) with front kick up.
1.Chassis with Kick up cannot be altered to change original manufacturers design. Addition should be NO MORE FLAT CHASSIS allowed grandfather the ones available today in but that's it.
2.Stock and factory optional chassis are permitted, but it must retain all the characteristics of the standard off-road chassis on which it’s based. Chassis must be identical to their off-road counterparts in all dimensions except where it’s necessary to convert the chassis for on-road use. Carbon fiber chassis are not permitted.
4. Body: Any commercially available factory licensed replicas of ALMS, GT1 or GT2, Super GT, DTM, and V8 Supercar Cars Not sure what "roars" definition really means here maybe an explanation before any tantrums happen
1. Sports Cars: Closed wheel cars designed specifically for racing in full-size series

A) Wings and spoilers can be used if they are the original with the body and cut on the factory lines.
B) All wheel wells must be cut out and rear of the bodies should maintain tail lamps and cannot be completely cut out. Wings must be attached to the body.
C) No wedge style Bodies
D) All body approvals will be subject to scrutiny of the respective or collective advisory
committees regarding compliance to the “spirit of the rules.” An objective evaluation
shall determine the status of each submission based on the adherence to the said rule
E) • Bodies must be factory licensed replicas of the aforementioned street or race cars, but no “race-only” bodies are permitted. Bodies based on Daytona Prototypes, or the odd Super GT cars that are not representative of a commonly available street car, are not permitted. Not sure what "roars" definition really means here maybe an explanation before any tantrums happen

F) Bodies must include full front and rear fascia’s, and conform to the rules herein that limit openings in the body for the purposes of re-fueling, starting, engine tuning, and antenna holes
G) Bodies must be fully detailed in order to compete in ROAR competition. The body must have visible window, body panel and trim markings, and the windows must be mostly clear. Some intrusion for creative painting purposes and tinting is permitted, but the windows must be transparent.
Transmission:
• Transmission: Single speed or two-speed only. Single speed configurations must include a solidly mounted spur gear to a standard bevel gear center differential or a solid spool (no one-way bearing). No other differential types will be permitted.
• Two-speed transmissions must use an automatic centrifugal shifting mechanism that is not remotely adjustable or programmable. Because of the nature of the two-speed transmission design, no center differential is required, but the transmission must include a solid center shaft that doesn’t allow differential action between the front and rear drive assemblies.
Clutch: Only buggy based 2, 3, or 4 shoes systems No radial type clutches (Centex)

DRIVETRAIN
• A shaft-drive system with two gear-type open differentials are required.
• No one-ways, spools, locking “Torsion-type,” or externally adjustable differentials are permitted. The gear diffs can be tuned only with the use of silicone-based fluid.
• Identical F/R drive ratios are required – no F/R under drive/overdrive permitted.
• A single speed mounted to a center spool, or an included two-speed transmission are permitted.
• The drivetrain shall be a center shaft system with ring and pinion gears driving the differentials.
• Shaft-drive only – belt driven cars are not permitted. The drive system must maintain the same features as used in the original off-road configuration except where noted, including the center differential/two speed transmission with separate front and rear center drive shaft’s.
• Only standard mechanical brakes are permitted – hydraulics are not permitted. Up to two brake discs are permitted anywhere on the center driveshaft’s. Brakes may not be located on the outboard axles.
Fuel Tank: Up to 150cc max fuel capacity
Wheels:
• Wheels must use a 17mm hex hub consistent with the dimensions and function of the hubs used in 1/8 off-road racing. The wheel must be affixed by a 17mm wheel nut, threaded on to the hex hub. Quick change mechanisms are not permitted.
Dish wheels are not permitted. No more than 30-percent of the face of the wheel may be solid. The wheel “face” will be defined as all areas of the wheel between the mounting bead and the center mounting hole. Dish rims are normal for Onroad racing, Adjustment needed Tires: Rubber Tires only – (maximum width: 47mm) Traction compound: OK
• Tires must be “production” tires – hand cut tires or those not available to the general public are not permitted. “Available” is defined as having been sold to consumers a minimum of 30 days prior to the official start of the event. Tires must be molded rubber – no foam tires are permitted in any class.
• Spec tires chosen by ROAR will be mandatory at all level 4 and level 5 events. Input from the host facility regarding favored compounds for track conditions will be considered, but the final decision on spec tires will remain with ROAR. The best interests of the racers will be the overriding criteria in choosing a proper spec tire. Financial, sponsorship, and/or business relationships of the host facility cannot be considered.
• All races must be completed on the same tires used to start each race (qualifying and finals). Tire changes are not permitted except when a wheel and/or tire are determined by the race director or a ROAR official, to be damaged. Excessive tire wear does not constitute damage.

If a racer should choose to race this class at a Level 4 or 5 event then the racer may not enter any other classes at that event.

Weight: Minimum dry weight of 3500 grams (with body and all four tires on the) vehicle)

Car Dimensions:

Item Limit Specification
Length (B) Maximum:TBD
Width Maximum 310 mm
Height (measured with suspension fully compressed Maximum 250 mm
Wheelbase (a) Maximum:379 mm
Minimum:270 mm
Weight Minimum :3500 grams
Wheels Mounting Bead Diameter Maximum:79.00 mm / 83.50 mm
Overall Diameter Maximum:88.50 mm
Width Maximum 44.45 mm
Tires Diameter Maximum 119.22 mm
Maximum 109.22 mm
Width Maximum 47.0 mm
Rear Wing Side dam Length Maximum:TBD
Height Maximum:TBD
Chord Maximum:TBD
Width Maximum:217 mm

Last edited by *1speedy; 10-30-2013 at 03:45 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

+100
Originally Posted by TerribleTy
Old 10-30-2013, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Sounds like the Ofna DM-1, Ofna GT-V2 and the Team C GT8/L are not allowed? Can someone please clarify this for me. I'm hoping I'm reading this wrong. No way these three cars can be banned. Must be a typo.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

GT8 class has always had bodies that don't conform to the OG specs to the body, the chassis don't meet the spec of the body for an accurate detail, we had made bodies to get close then the car manufacture didn't like what we did so we had to scrap those bodies and no longer sell. We had Porche and they didn't want us to sell them so we were no longer allowed to sell, a Toy Celica again "scrapped" and couple of other in the past. But the customers loved them even though they looked a littler cartoony thats because 1/8th was one length. So now we are making two new bodies that will turn heads and will be fun to drive and race but will not be a LIC. body just for the fact we do not want to deal with litigation. We have been sued several times as for what we cannot do and yet some of these things have been out before a major manufacture had a car in the name or design. And we're talking about 1 to 1 car manufactures on the most stupid thing. So for me and OFNA are going to make some bodies that will not comply but they will have our customers wanting to buy for sheer speed and fun, and if they race I take it they will find a race that does not have ROAR involed, sad to hear.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by san.
Sounds like the Ofna DM-1, Ofna GT-V2 and the Team C GT8/L are not allowed? Can someone please clarify this for me. I'm hoping I'm reading this wrong. No way these three cars can be banned. Must be a typo.
Yup, that's what it sound like. how unfortunate, the car is 95% in the window but if 30 of you driver show up to a race with a non-kicked chassis would they send you home or make that money, somehow I'm sure they would take you cash then make the adjustments as they go along, just how long will that take. They have known this already and they still make this rule. DUMB.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by san.
Santos I don't think those cars have any problem. Don't sweat it

See you at the track.....

The Body issue needs to be CLEAR........

The Majority of racers use bodies that as the definition reads would not comply, lets see if "ROAR" adjusts as needed.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Everything needs to be clear not just a few.
"Adjusted??" ... Are you kidding???

Are flat chassis allowed or not?
Looks to me from these rules that they are not...
Same tires all weekend???
HaHaHa ....
Yes there is something that needs adjusting alright..... not just the rules either.
Do us all a favour. Try these "rules" out on a race venue or date, see how they run. See how the drivers like them, make your adjustments and try again.

GT8F rules have been thought through over some years now and made by racers for racing.
They are workable straight from the get go.
How many of you think these ROAR rules are workable right now .... this weekend??
It doesn't matter if ROAR is the sanctioning body. It doesn't entitle them to do this to our hobby/passtime.

Along with the F1 rules, the GT8 rules and regulations need to be left alone by ROAR.
They do not know what they are doing here.... obvious to see.
Now ... maybe if they just copy ... yes I said copy the GT8F rules. Abide by them and make adjustments from there the following year. Thats a different story.
I bet GT8F would not have any objections..... infact I bet they would like to be involved in the process!!

Funny how ROAR have been sitting on this for YEARS and now that GT8F was founded .... all of a sudden there's ROAR Rules brought out for the class within a very short space of time??!!

Oh my.... I could keep going on here. Sorry.

Regards,
BM

PS: Now I've spent a miilion dollars on a new car etc, now your saying I can't race it??? Oh... maybe I should have waited another few years for ROAR to bring the rules out before buying?!!? HAHA
Old 10-30-2013, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by *1speedy
Santos I don't think those cars have any problem. Don't sweat it

See you at the track.....

The Body issue needs to be CLEAR........

The Majority of racers use bodies that as the definition reads would not comply, lets see if "ROAR" adjusts as needed.
Good to hear. Thx.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.