Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default Rody Roem - RB Motors in CA 9/22-24

Ace Hobbies, Sigma Trading And RB Concepts
Are Proud To Present The

"Test And Tune" Days With
Rody Roem Of RB Concepts

The Events Are AS Of Follow:

Friday july 22 AT ACE HOBBIES IN SAN CARLOS CALIFORNIA.

Saturday july23rd and Sunday july24th AT MISSION COLLEGE IN SANTA CALRA CALIFORNIA.

Please Note:
MISSION COLLEGE
TRACK IS NON-PERMANENT AND INTENDED FOR 1/8TH AND 1/10TH SCALE NITRO ONROAD CARS FOR RUNNING, BUT OFFROAD BUGGIES CAN BE BROUGHT TO THE TRACK TO BE TUNED BY RODY HIMSELF.

On Friday, July 22nd from 7pm-9pm at Ace Hobbies:
We will be holding a general engine, pipe, clutch, And Chassis clinic, where rody will go over some of the most needed to know things for improving the way people utilize their cars and its power plant. While the focus will be on that of original rb engines, the concept and theory can be applied to other applications as well.

On Saturday July 23rd:
We will be setting up track at Mission College, in Santa Clara California where the rams club will be providing the testing grounds and facilities to implement some of what may have been learned the evening before. Rody will be available for questions and even possible tuning of one’s engine during the course of that Saturday. The purpose of Saturdays open practice day is to really focus on the engine package and how to improve ones understanding of how engine, clutch and pipe combination can improve your driving and engine tuning skills.

On Sunday July 24th:
Will be a traditional club race in which there will be an undetermined number of qualifying rounds and mains at the end of the day. There will be no trophies or plaques for this event.

Rody has agreed to do this to show his commitment to the consumers and how important they are to him and RB Concepts. success for years to come. This is the chance for everyone to meet a really great guy with real world experience and willingness to share it with racers of all levels.

The event is free to anyone that would like to attend and both on and off road racers are encouraged to come down to the shop on Friday night where we will have food and drinks available to all attendees. We ask that you call ahead of time at 1-800-383-2657 or send email to Info At Ace Hobbies And Supplies so we have an idea of how much food might be need to be prepared.

Ace Hobbies And Supplies
1160 Industrial Rd Ste 5
San Carlos, Ca 94070
1-800-383-2657
We Hope To See you All There!!
Old 07-21-2005, 12:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thats great news. There are not that many engine builders/tuners that offer this once in a life time opportunity to ask questions or to meet them in person. Im sure that there are gonna be alot of people friday night meeting a legend in the making...........Rody Roem.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Great job by all involved, I only wish they were coming to Australia Great to see RB giving something back to the racers.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Well, I just got back from ace hobbies where Rody was located. Just wanted to say that ace hobbies knows how to put on a class act. Ace hobbies provided a full catered dinner and drinks. Most of the people that attended were all racers and hobbiest with all the same interest.......going fast effectively. Rody Roem was probably the most nicest person I met. A true gentleman and a very helpful individual. After dinner, we had the seminar in the parking lot with Rody Roem at the head of the table. He talked about everything from engine dynamics to clutch set-up. There were alot of questions awnsered by the magnificent one. We sat there for about 1 1/2 hours while Rody provided his magic. Here are a few pictures from this successful event. I would also like to thank Kevin, J.R., Scott ( ace hobbies ), and Rody Roem for holding this event.
Attached Thumbnails Rody Roem - RB Motors in CA 9/22-24-img_1849.jpg   Rody Roem - RB Motors in CA 9/22-24-img_1866.jpg   Rody Roem - RB Motors in CA 9/22-24-img_1867.jpg   Rody Roem - RB Motors in CA 9/22-24-img_1871.jpg   Rody Roem - RB Motors in CA 9/22-24-img_1872.jpg  

Old 07-22-2005, 11:12 PM
Tech Elite

2nd set of pictures along with the " Gathering ".
Attached Thumbnails Rody Roem - RB Motors in CA 9/22-24-img_1886.jpg   Rody Roem - RB Motors in CA 9/22-24-img_1885.jpg   Rody Roem - RB Motors in CA 9/22-24-img_1888.jpg   Rody Roem - RB Motors in CA 9/22-24-img_1889.jpg   Rody Roem - RB Motors in CA 9/22-24-img_1887.jpg  

Old 07-23-2005, 02:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default Rody Roem

Just to add to what Zac Project said not only is Rody a great engine builder and tuner he is also a former 1/8 world champion driver. Most people probably already knew that but for the few that didn't. I believe he won his world title in Japan sometime in the 80's.

Steve
Old 07-23-2005, 03:39 AM
Tech Rookie

that would be grate, i enjoy just reading all your posts
i have enough trouble finding anyone to talk to about rc in my town, let alone someone like that
a little off topic where do you get these orange rims? are they serpent 1/8th?
http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...chmentid=80391

thanks
Old 07-23-2005, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

One of the local racers had brought his car; and while Rody was speaking, the car had a brand new Rody C5 motor in it. I believe the wheels are made from a company called GQ.
Old 07-24-2005, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

When first time I heard about this event I was thinking-this is lifetime opportunity for a lot of guys to learn from somebody like Rody about the engines. So very quickly we decided we go there. Unfortunately we couldn't attend meeting on Friday-I had to be working all day. Friday morning we jump to the car and rushed to San Jose. After some drive (5 and half hours) we finaly got on the track.
What we found there was ammesing. I saw Rody was tunning engines for different guys, he was explaning some small but very important points which reall makes difference. I was expecting that Rody will sit somewhere in the shade and evertybody can come and ask questions, but I found that he was all around helping people tunning engines, helping on brak in and tunning clutch etc. I stay there about 2 hours and haven't seen him sit at all. I saw that it was real care about customers!!!!!!!!!
I was introduced to Rody by Rich Brown (thanks a lot Rich for to give me opportunity to talk to Rody). We did have some talk with Rody and I got some points very interested for me which basicaly were missing due to my small expirience in RC cars. Rody is verrrrrryyyyy knowolodgble (I guess nobody expect less), but most important he is very open and share his knowlodge to everybody. Very nice person!!!!! I wish more people in his level can help racers how to pull all 100% power from motor on the track. It was very educatble trip for me and I don't regret any second i spent to got to San Jose-we drove total 700 miles and 11 hours on the road.

I did have oportunity to mesure RPMs on some cars there and found very interesting things-there was .21 RB motor (I don't know which version) but it turns to 42,200 RPMs and the car was flying. It was driven by Scott Kimbrow and tuned by Rich Brown. That motr was really fast. I do have collected some info and so far it is max RPM I have seen in RC cars, that motor got more RPMs that any .12 we did mesured (including Nats in Texas). There was also one motor on Josh Alton Car which turned to 41,300 and this is pretty surprized numbers as well. Usualy most of engines stays in the range 39,000-40,000.

Any way, I want to thanks to Ace Hobbies for their effort to make this event happened. I want to thanks to Rich Brown for his great help to me there.
Great event!!!!!!
Edward
Old 07-24-2005, 10:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Any chance that an event like this could take place on the East coast next time?
Old 07-24-2005, 03:22 PM
Tech Regular

Where does one find his engines. I purchased a 1/8th Serpent with his engine and am looking for one for 1/10th class?

James
Old 07-24-2005, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 22dasher
Where does one find his engines. I purchased a 1/8th Serpent with his engine and am looking for one for 1/10th class?

James
You can purchase a .12 RB concepts engine at www.acehardwarehobbies.com or you can call Kevin at 800-383-2657.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Striker
Any chance that an event like this could take place on the East coast next time?
I kinda doubt it will happen. Rody did this as a personal favor for Kevin. They are pretty good buddies and I believe Kevin is sponsored by Rody/RB. I guess if Rody knows someone out east....it could happen.

What a great event!!! I only wish I could have made the 1400+ mile trip. I would like to personally thank Roger for providing some pictures. That gave me a small sense of what it was like to be there.

Damn........is all I can say.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NitroNubee
What a great event!!! I only wish I could have made the 1400+ mile trip. I would like to personally thank Roger for providing some pictures. That gave me a small sense of what it was like to be there.
No prob. NitroNubee. I have some other pictures that I can post. I'll also ask Kevin to post more on this thread.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Roger
No prob. NitroNubee. I have some other pictures that I can post. I'll also ask Kevin to post more on this thread.
THAT would be great!! What I did not mention is, I sent my X12 to Kevin last week and had him let Rody take a look at it. I cannot wait to hear how it went! Well, maybe, if it is good news!

10 more minutes until they open!