Wiki Posts
Search

WRC Racing - GT DUE EVO

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 01:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default WRC Racing - GT DUE EVO

We are excited to announce the all new W.R.C. Racing 1/8 2WD Pan Car: The GT Due EVO, due for release August 2013.

We will be partnering with WRC Racing to develop the Pan Car class in the United States, and will be the exclusive importer of WRC Racing's line of 1/8 pan cars and parts. It is our objective to provide a reliable source for this burgeoning class and to build a network of dealers for clubs in the U.S. who are planning to introduce the class.

In the coming weeks we will launch our website, and will have more information about the new car. In the mean time enjoy the design photos just released.

For those who are currently running the original GT Due chassis: parts and kits are still in stock and can be ordered with our upcoming shipment. You are welcome to send a pm here before the website goes online if you would like to receive specific parts for your car, or for more information.

Please stay tuned for details and release date.

Last edited by MrHistory; 07-07-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Nice, so WRC is now the exclusive distributor not Molzer? Will there be a brushless version as well. The new front end would lend itself nicely to the older F1 bodies.

Last edited by 1/8 IC Fan; 07-07-2013 at 05:50 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:31 PM
Tech Addict

Yes the front end is an interesting evolution to the design, and definitely resembles a formula/indy front end. I think you are right--an Indy style body would look great on this chassis! There is a current brushless version available, but no information on any changes to that car.

Last edited by MrHistory; 07-07-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:26 PM
Tech Regular

Default Good News!

Now why did Veronica not say anything about your program? It's great news and thank-you for jumping in so hard.
I've been running Motonicas for several years now and it is a very good car once it's set up. Garen is still out there but seemingly limited some what.
I've run my WRC several times and it's getting better all the time. It has the same clutch as a P8C, some what stronger front end' and 1 piece clutch bell (We've had Motonica 2 piece bells come apart or blow up). What kind of price will you be able to sell a WRC for?
If I can be of any help, please let me know.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:56 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks for offering to help Lon. Veronica and I have been in communication for some time and we have just come to an agreement last week. It was my intention to make an announcement once our website was up, but seeing that WRC posted the new chassis pics this week I was inclined to start the thread so that I would be able to edit it into the future. So the thread is here, and as I said in the first post, I will post specifics in the coming weeks once WRC has final details about the new car.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Whiting

Looking forward to seeing the pricing. We are running a French Pan car now, which actually runs pretty well but parts are hard to get here in the US. Keep us informed.

Jeff
Old 07-08-2013, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

good to see new options for the pan class......now all we need is more drivers..........and scratch cars that don't self implode like mine......
Old 07-08-2013, 08:57 AM
Tech Regular

Default interresting

Quick release wheels are a good thing. Nuts work fine but plain in the butt having to get a 10 mm tool every thing I went to pop a wheel off. Spoiled you say, perhaps!
steering servo looks good as does the axle mounted brake, rear body mount looks better then my current car. They had screwed the rear body post to the mount with rather small 3 mm screws. A GT car had no trouble ripping them out. replaced with heavier Mugen parts held in with 4 mm screws.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:51 AM
Tech Adept

Default Parts?

When you say a shipment of parts will be coming in with the kits does that include tires and bodies also, parts that can be purchased even if you're not running a WRC car?
Old 07-09-2013, 04:05 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jeff whiting
Looking forward to seeing the pricing. We are running a French Pan car now, which actually runs pretty well but parts are hard to get here in the US. Keep us informed.

Jeff
Hi Jeff

I will be sure to let you know as soon as pricing is available. Yes, it will be great to have a chassis in the US with readily available parts! That is our objective.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
Quick release wheels are a good thing. Nuts work fine but plain in the butt having to get a 10 mm tool every thing I went to pop a wheel off. Spoiled you say, perhaps!
steering servo looks good as does the axle mounted brake, rear body mount looks better then my current car. They had screwed the rear body post to the mount with rather small 3 mm screws. A GT car had no trouble ripping them out. replaced with heavier Mugen parts held in with 4 mm screws.
You studied these pics as much as I did. Yes the disc brake is interesting. Made me think of a Shepherd design (thanks R. Pietch). I'm with you, happy to have quick release wheels. I spend plenty of time wrenching the touring car tires...
Old 07-09-2013, 04:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 1/8 oldschool
When you say a shipment of parts will be coming in with the kits does that include tires and bodies also, parts that can be purchased even if you're not running a WRC car?
The shipment will include WRC GT Due Evo kits and parts, as well as a small batch of GT Due parts. If anyone has the current GT Due, let me know if you would like to order any specific parts or additional kits, as well as other WRC parts or accessories.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Any Updates

Any the new updates on car? Is there any information on the cost and when we might see it in the states?
Old 08-06-2013, 10:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Taylorm
good to see new options for the pan class......now all we need is more drivers..........and scratch cars that don't self implode like mine......
POOOF....
I thinks you need to ask Santa for one of these for next year...
Old 08-06-2013, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default EVO

Originally Posted by MidnightflyerI
Any the new updates on car? Is there any information on the cost and when we might see it in the states?
Dave, All of Europe (I guess) shuts down for the month of August, F1 included, so that may be why not much is going on. Mr. H had mentioned that the cars should be here sometime after the GLC....

Are you going to buy one for Jon? Pretty bad when somebody will probably win the MWS class and doesn't even own his car!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.