Tech Master

Originally Posted by sepentNY
Oh I forgot to tell you that I'm running on my serpent 960 08'
wow does the car work ? post some pics of your car
Old 03-20-2008, 06:44 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by typer
Just a question....michael salven isn't winning any races recently. Does it has to do with mega picco engines? Way back when he's using nova engines, he's always on the podium.
This is mainly because he is getting older, and doesn't run as much as he did some years back.
He now might be focussing more on his family life, and his company...
Old 03-20-2008, 09:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

It's kind of hard to recommend tuning specifics without knowing where you drive, how you drive, fuel you run, glowplug choice, ambient temperature, etc...
Old 03-20-2008, 10:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seabass2500
It's kind of hard to recommend tuning specifics without knowing where you drive, how you drive, fuel you run, glowplug choice, ambient temperature, etc...
Did you finish putting together your 08' car?
Old 03-21-2008, 12:35 AM
Tech Rookie

I live in NY I got that engine for $600, and the car also, I finish put it together 4 weeks ago but i haven't had time to run it! On this week I'm in the process of break in the motor, it sound crazy loud! and the car run great I haven't take it to it's limits yet! cuz everything its new. but I'm concern about the right tuning of the engine (what I got to find out is that this engine is a highly maintenance engine)
And for the car it's has a look of a aggressive look it handles smooth it's sharp on the curbs and the parts for serpent are getting more expensive!
Old 03-21-2008, 03:27 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by M7H
This is mainly because he is getting older, and doesn't run as much as he did some years back.
He now might be focussing more on his family life, and his company...
he is more into testing / development.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:15 AM
Tech Adept

serpentny
serpent had been droping there prices lately on the parts. go to fbf on the weekend and im sure you will find someone to help you there.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sepentNY
I live in NY I got that engine for $600, and the car also, I finish put it together 4 weeks ago but i haven't had time to run it! On this week I'm in the process of break in the motor, it sound crazy loud! and the car run great I haven't take it to it's limits yet! cuz everything its new. but I'm concern about the right tuning of the engine (what I got to find out is that this engine is a highly maintenance engine)
And for the car it's has a look of a aggressive look it handles smooth it's sharp on the curbs and the parts for serpent are getting more expensive!
It's not that their prices are getting more expensive it's the fact that the American dollar is shit on the market so when the parts come over seas the conversion is what makes the price go up, don't blame Serpent for prices blame George Bush for running the economy into the ground with a 5 year war.Anything that comes from over seas has a price increase.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:55 PM
Tech Champion

Both Fito and Serpent-Dan are correct, prices has gone down with Serpent but the Euro dollar has been so strong against the US dollar which plays part of the role in their prices.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Did you finish putting together your 08' car?

Hey Sam,
I have it 90% done. I am getting the engine in tomorrow. We were supposed to start out nitro season on April 5-6 but the heavy rains may have pushed us back a bit. Just more time to get things lined up.

Thanks again. I'll let you know how it goes.
Clay
Old 03-24-2008, 11:23 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by seabass2500
Hey Sam,
I have it 90% done. I am getting the engine in tomorrow. We were supposed to start out nitro season on April 5-6 but the heavy rains may have pushed us back a bit. Just more time to get things lined up.

Thanks again. I'll let you know how it goes.
Clay
okay!
Old 03-25-2008, 09:16 AM
Tech Adept

Sam,
Do you anymore of the 08' 960 kits in stock?
Old 03-25-2008, 09:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by typer
Just a question....michael salven isn't winning any races recently. Does it has to do with mega picco engines? Way back when he's using nova engines, he's always on the podium.
If you want to win, you need to enter. I think he goes out for fun to the occassional big race but probably not much more than that. Plus, I don't think Michael Salven needs to win any more races. There are a lot of good RC drivers but I think a lot will ultimately be forgotten. Few have contributed as much to on-road RC as Michael has, especially to us 1/8th on-roaders. The guy is part of RC history.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:15 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by hello
Sam,
Do you anymore of the 08' 960 kits in stock?
Yes, I do have 1 in stock, it was a pre-order but the guy haven't shown up yet, so whoever wants it can buy it.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan
It's not that their prices are getting more expensive it's the fact that the American dollar is shit on the market so when the parts come over seas the conversion is what makes the price go up, don't blame Serpent for prices blame George Bush for running the economy into the ground with a 5 year war.Anything that comes from over seas has a price increase.
Don't even start that Bush is to blame crap. The war has nothing to do with the economy. The dollar is weak against the Euros and all others.....nothing to do with Bush. Time to get off that bandwagon!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.