Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

yes the kits are arriving at shop now check your shops for availability
Old 03-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks Paolo, and I look forward to the new and improved web site.

Don't get me wrong though. Even with the problems I have with the Serpent web site, it's still better than the competitor's websites. At least the information is usually there, it just takes me a while to find it most of the time.

So to convert to the 960-08 rear end but still use Serpent wheels, I only need 903253. When you say that 'balls are included' do you mean ball bearings (because I think they are different in the '08 than my '07), or are you talking pillow balls, which I think are also different?

From looking at the 'exploded view' of the '07 car verses the '08 car (OS1), it sure seems like more parts back there are different, but I'll take your word for it that it's all in that 903253 bag. If anyone would know, it would be you.

I hope you can make it out to my home track some time this summer (Leisure Hours in Joliet, Illinois). We'll have a Midwest Series race plus the Byron's race. It would be really nice to have a top Serpent guy there to give the Mugen guys that always show up a run for their money.

Thanks again for the help. Much more usefull than just 'its on the website' without even checking first if it actually is on the web site.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Walt
Thanks Paolo, and I look forward to the new and improved web site.

Don't get me wrong though. Even with the problems I have with the Serpent web site, it's still better than the competitor's websites. At least the information is usually there, it just takes me a while to find it most of the time.

So to convert to the 960-08 rear end but still use Serpent wheels, I only need 903253. When you say that 'balls are included' do you mean ball bearings (because I think they are different in the '08 than my '07), or are you talking pillow balls, which I think are also different?

From looking at the 'exploded view' of the '07 car verses the '08 car (OS1), it sure seems like more parts back there are different, but I'll take your word for it that it's all in that 903253 bag. If anyone would know, it would be you.

I hope you can make it out to my home track some time this summer (Leisure Hours in Joliet, Illinois). We'll have a Midwest Series race plus the Byron's race. It would be really nice to have a top Serpent guy there to give the Mugen guys that always show up a run for their money.

Thanks again for the help. Much more usefull than just 'its on the website' without even checking first if it actually is on the web site.
I believe the balls that Paolo is referring to, is the upright ball which is located on the rear camber link/upper arm.

The parts in the rear end that are different would include, rear upper/lower arms, rear uprights, body mount arms. For the new rear lower arms, the pivot balls are placed closer together and like Paolo said, have more material around the pivot pin to prevent breakage in that area. The rear upper arms are now adjustable through a turnbuckle instead of a pivot ball. The rear uprights now have 3 positions to allow for a wider range of tunability for camber gain that will best suit your track. (Stock, short, and long.) The rear upper arms now have the ability to be adjusted in height as well on the upright side of the arm where the ball lies.

And of course the body mount arms are longer and the pivot point is placed strategically closer to the axles to ensure a more "direct downforce."
Old 03-08-2008, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Walt
This is very helpful. But I'm wondering if you could post the parts needed to convert just the rear from 960-07 to 960-08? I realize that there would be two options here, OS1 or OS2, and the only difference between those two would be the part number for the actual upright (right, or does 903254 come with more than just the OS2 uprights, like maybe different axles?).

I'm not really interested in converting the front end, as it seems mostly for convenience and I've got a pretty good stock of spare front-end parts to use up.

I'm also confused as to the difference between part number 903254 and 903286.

Thanks.
Hi Walt, seems you got most of the answers already.
OS1 and OS2 > all have different upright, axles, quick release pin (OS2 bigger), quick release alu lever and even its spring lever.
903286 > I believe this is only plastic parts for rear suspension, as it meant for complete spare parts.

08 kits has tons of improvement on it.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The 08' 960 had Landed!
Old 03-13-2008, 01:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Where did they land the island from "LOST". Should we send a search party or rename 960-08.5?
Dennis
Old 03-13-2008, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

If Orange County, Southern California is that island, then yeah!
Old 03-14-2008, 07:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Interesting as I just got off the phone with the Netherlands and they have shipped no cars and won't until the final week of March. (Yes I am that stupid that I spent a day figuring out how to make the call, made two calls and got the answering machine until I realized what time it is in the Netherlands, and paid $2.70 per minute for the call). He also said he has heard of people selling an 07 kit with an upgrade kit and calling them 08 kits, but no 08 kits have been shipped.
Dennis
Old 03-14-2008, 07:54 AM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dyoung
Interesting as I just got off the phone with the Netherlands and they have shipped no cars and won't until the final week of March. but no 08 kits have been shipped.
Dennis
thats odd, i saw a '08 kit this week at kamikaze.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

so, two mo' weeks?

I switched from a Mugen to the Serpent ONLY because the guys I run with have Serpents... Maybe I can get a Mugen before the start of the season... hmmm... I bet they could tooo....
Old 03-14-2008, 08:22 AM
Tech Regular

So, is Kamikaze selling '07 kits with '08 parts? Or are these actually 08 kits, which Serpent Netherlands states, hasn't shipped?

A little confusing here? The season is getting ready to start, those of us wanting to race might have to look elsewhere for chassis?
Old 03-14-2008, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Darint
So, is Kamikaze selling '07 kits with '08 parts? Or are these actually 08 kits, which Serpent Netherlands states, hasn't shipped?

A little confusing here? The season is getting ready to start, those of us wanting to race might have to look elsewhere for chassis?

Kamikaze is NOT selling 07' kits with 08' parts, the 07' kits have long been gone since November of 2007, (by the way the chassis of the 07 is different from the 08), I have the actual 08' 960 kits in stock! but are all accounted for, but I will have more in another 2 weeks, also the 08'conversion kits will soon be available, which will include a new chassis.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:43 AM
Tech Regular

So, when Kamikaze stated the kits "have landed", that meant that Kamikaze may have recieved 1 or 2, but those 1 or 2 kits were already spoken for, therefore, you don't really have any for sale to the public, which is what appears to have been implied..

Just want to clarify, Kamikaze doesn't have any kits for sale.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:46 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Darint
So, when Kamikaze stated the kits have landed, that meant that you got 1 or 2 and those kits were spoken for already, so you don't really have any for sale to the public, like what was implied..

Just want to clarify that you don't actually have kits for sale.
I got 3 kits in but 2 of the kits haven't got picked up yet, Give me a call, if the guy who wanted 1 did not pick up the 08' 960 kit by afternoon today, then I might just sell it.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dyoung
Interesting as I just got off the phone with the Netherlands and they have shipped no cars and won't until the final week of March. (Yes I am that stupid that I spent a day figuring out how to make the call, made two calls and got the answering machine until I realized what time it is in the Netherlands, and paid $2.70 per minute for the call). He also said he has heard of people selling an 07 kit with an upgrade kit and calling them 08 kits, but no 08 kits have been shipped.
Dennis

Im sure you called someone else by mistake, because as you can see here, the kits have arrived.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.