Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Serpent 960.... >

Serpent 960....

Serpent 960....

Old 07-10-2006, 09:19 AM

and by the way, you can do that either using CVD or WOS axle.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think what Salven is doing is just changing the roll center. By adding shims and adjusting the track width back to normal changes the geometry of the front arms relative to the center of the front tire.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Perez
I think what Salven is doing is just changing the roll center. By adding shims and adjusting the track width back to normal changes the geometry of the front arms relative to the center of the front tire.

doesnt make sense. if he was changing the roll center then hed show a picture of the roll center mount with 1mm shim underneath it to raise the front roll center. but by raising the front roll center, you would decrease rear traction by increasing front traction. the shim is placed on the hub for the wheel after the bearing. i believe the earlier explanation is correct, by widening the front of the car without sacrificing the structures strength and increasing rear traction by decreasing front traction. not sure exactly, i think we should just ask salven.. LOL
Old 07-10-2006, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

widening the car by loosing the pivot balls and widening the car by adding spacers behind the axle pin are different adjustments. yes they both widen the car, but one essentially makes the arms longer, the other changes the offset.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:40 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by nigelnuggets
doesnt make sense. if he was changing the roll center then hed show a picture of the roll center mount with 1mm shim underneath it to raise the front roll center. but by raising the front roll center, you would decrease rear traction by increasing front traction. the shim is placed on the hub for the wheel after the bearing. i believe the earlier explanation is correct, by widening the front of the car without sacrificing the structures strength and increasing rear traction by decreasing front traction. not sure exactly, i think we should just ask salven.. LOL
Just think about what happens if you take a hairpin.
I think your are looking in the right direction, and I am quite sure.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default O'DONNELL CHAMPIONSHIP AT REV

I just what to say thanks to team driver Chris Verano for taking the time to help me and the other serpent 960 drivers with the set up . Even though he was driving a sedan this weekend he always has the time to help us out.
I probly would not done as well with out his help.
just want to say thanks again chris for the help. Bryon Nakahara
Old 07-10-2006, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bestindebt
I just what to say thanks to team driver Chris Verano for taking the time to help me and the other serpent 960 drivers with the set up . Even though he was driving a sedan this weekend he always has the time to help us out.
Good Job Bryon.. you are definetly getting faster and faster everytime I race with you..
Old 07-11-2006, 08:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i belive track width was adjusted to be the same as before the shims

the shims act to change the way weight is transfered to the front tires

with the shims weight is transfered slower so the rear gets it first

this is what i belive happens
Old 07-11-2006, 07:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey all I'm new to these forums and 1/8 scale racing. I just finished building a new 960 and have a question. I'm trying to fit a Protoform Lola body to my car and the edges of the front bumper stick out or push the front sides of body outward. I noticed that there are measurement like markings on the edges of the bumper. Are they actually used for anything or is that what you use to trim each side evenly? I didn't want to cut the edges off if I don't need to to.

Thanks!!!
Old 07-11-2006, 08:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sjetjock
Hey all I'm new to these forums and 1/8 scale racing. I just finished building a new 960 and have a question. I'm trying to fit a Protoform Lola body to my car and the edges of the front bumper stick out or push the front sides of body outward. I noticed that there are measurement like markings on the edges of the bumper. Are they actually used for anything or is that what you use to trim each side evenly? I didn't want to cut the edges off if I don't need to to.

Thanks!!!
It's not just the PF body but others as well like Blitz and Kyosho. Solution? Cut off the edges.

Last edited by going4#1; 07-11-2006 at 09:23 PM.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sjetjock

Thanks!!!
I believe the lines on the bumper are actually used to measure toe in on the rear wheels with a ruler. With so many set-up gauges on the market you can safely cut the bumper to fit under the body.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bestindebt
No problem..The cars looked pretty good.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Is it better to build this car with the LCG option chassis?
Old 07-15-2006, 11:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Is it better to build this car with the LCG option chassis?
I built my 960 with the original chassis to begin with, and then switched over to the option LCG chassis after it became available. For me the LCG chassis is more rigid especially when using both carbon fiber plates, one for the steering pivot and the other for the battery
tray.

With the overall rigidity increased I found the suspension adjustments I made a bit more significant on track versus the original kit chassis. Strangely enough, both the LCG chassis and the original chassis were not 100% flat on my HUDY board out of the bag , but it was the case for both. I keep the original kit chassis as a backup. Hope this helps.
Old 07-15-2006, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

great deal on 2 like new 960's

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...71#post2506371

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.