Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by captian
just lookin out for you
Thanks.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Doug Darby
Unless I am mistaken, I think that is just excess flashing from the molding process, that can be trimmed away, and has no effect on the bearing placement. I have run across it on a couple gears and just trimmed it with an hobby knife and it worked just fine.
Doug and Captian are correct. Removing that material in the spur will not affect the bearings.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:08 AM

Hi Chris,

How to get rid of this (happened to the front also)?.. thx
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 960....-s960_sidebelt.jpg  
Old 03-08-2006, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pyramid
Hi Chris,

Hello Pyramid,

How much time did you have on that belt?

During the the 6 months that I have been running the car I have only had one side belt lose teeth and it happened on the first run on a new belt. I think it may have picked up something off the track. Stripping the side belt should not be a major issue for you.

In regards to the front belt. Run the front belt and rear belt in the tightest settings and you will not have a problem.

Chris
Old 03-08-2006, 09:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Guys....what would you guys recommand about the choice of the BELTS? My question is, I have asked ppl around, they recommand running the PRO BELT on Front and REAR (902243)...but use the standard side belt.......any idea?
Old 03-08-2006, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
Guys....what would you guys recommand about the choice of the BELTS? My question is, I have asked ppl around, they recommand running the PRO BELT on Front and REAR (902243)...but use the standard side belt.......any idea?
The Pro Belt is only available for the side and rear. I will usually run the Pro Belts in qualifying and use the standard belt in the mains. If you decide to run the Pro Belts use the plastic pulleys,the belts will last longer.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:05 PM
Tech Regular

Default Roll center spacer

Is anyone using the Roll center spacer (9031430) on their 960 yet? I've been using the adjustable front bracket (inner position) and it is very effective. I used it on a small-medium track with very good results but I'm wondering what the effect of using the roll centre spacer would be in comparison.

I had played with roll centre on my 710 and was never able to get something I liked. It would work well in one part of the track but crappy in other parts. I ended up going with the standard. I'm new to the 960 so I'm inclined to believe the results could be different.

And of course I just want to WIN!!!!
Old 03-08-2006, 10:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pyramid
Hi Chris,

Pyramid,

You have a PM.

Chris
Old 03-09-2006, 07:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

I had problems keeping the pro side belt on the car in longer mains. It seemed that even a minor hit to that side of the car threw the pro side belt off the car regardless of how tight I ran the belt. I went back to the standard belt and have not thrown the belt off yet. (4 weekends of racing) Chris thanks for the tip on running the belts in the tighter setting. I will try it this weekend.
Old 03-09-2006, 07:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Mega ZX head clearance question.

Has anyone found the need run additional head shims (more than the .3 it comes with) with 30% nitro fuel. From the looks of my piston and head button, it appears that I detonated the heck out of my motor, but I seem to be the only one that has done this. I haven't totally disassembled the motor to be sure it wasn't a bearing, but it sure appears to me to be the classic signs of detonation.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Chris thanks for the tip on running the belts in the tighter setting. I will try it this weekend.
No problem.
Old 03-11-2006, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Has anyone found the need run additional head shims (more than the .3 it comes with) with 30% nitro fuel. From the looks of my piston and head button, it appears that I detonated the heck out of my motor, but I seem to be the only one that has done this. I haven't totally disassembled the motor to be sure it wasn't a bearing, but it sure appears to me to be the classic signs of detonation.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Doug,

I have only run the Nova based engines but with the 321p I have always had to add a .1 shim to run 30% or I would end up blowing plugs and and ruining the head button.

Maybe Paolo can help you better with the Picco and give you a more definitive answer.

Chris
Old 03-11-2006, 04:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C Verano
The Pro Belt is only available for the side and rear. I will usually run the Pro Belts in qualifying and use the standard belt in the mains. If you decide to run the Pro Belts use the plastic pulleys,the belts will last longer.
Awesome......thanks for the answer, no PRO belt that is...thanks. (changing the rear and side belts from qualifier to the main..? I am no team driver and I don't think I have the luxury to do that PRO DRIVER move...thanks)

Doug...also thanks, I will stick with the regular belt then.....thanks guys.
Old 03-11-2006, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
Awesome......thanks for the answer, no PRO belt that is...thanks. (changing the rear and side belts from qualifier to the main..? I am no team driver and I don't think I have the luxury to do that PRO DRIVER move...thanks)

Doug...also thanks, I will stick with the regular belt then.....thanks guys.
Actually for single day event (3 quals, 20-25 min main) I will use the same belts for the whole event and through practice until the next event comes up. During longer event ( 6 quals, 45-60 min main) I will change all the belts before the main starts to be safe. Hope this clears thing up a little.
Old 03-12-2006, 01:40 AM
Tech Adept

is there a problem with the original belts?

i've never changed any belt with my mrx3,just if the belt breaks or teeth are missing....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.