Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 960....

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 06:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Julius
In stead of putting the nipple on the side insert a 3mm grub screw in both holes, and drill a 2.5mm hole in the back of the cap and thread the nipple in there.
That's what I do. A tip? When you drill a hole in the rear of the cap do NOT start the drill hole too low. If the hole is too low you will be unable to thread in the fuel nipple into the hole because the tool holding the nipple will not have enough space to screw the nipple into the hole. I found he hole must be a bit on the high side in order to allow the tool to fit over the nipple and twist it into the hole. In other words, place the nipple in the tool and then fit it to the rear of the cap, mark it, and drill.

Do a test. Easy to do. Blow air into the either the exhaust input or fuel output and air should come out the other hose. If it doesn't, you haven't drilled enough. How much to drill? The inside of the cap is hollow so keep drilling unit you reach this hollow space. If you use an electric drill. Go slow. I saw someone drill too much and scar the front of the lid. If this happens, the lid is useless. You'll need a new lid or tank.

As for plastic debris polluting the fuel supply, I don't believe this is possible. Exhaust gas flows through the nipple and into the lid. The lid has a membrane which traps debris. Pieces of plastic are too large to flow out.

Why doesn't Serpent make this option (centre fuel nipple) available?
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 960....-dscn0003.jpg   Serpent 960....-dscn0005.jpg  

Last edited by going4#1; 02-17-2006 at 05:13 PM.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by C Verano
You have to hit something pretty hard to bend them.
Agree, East stuff is pretty good. Better quality than 3Racing in my experience.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nefastseven
hello another problem

has anyone have a problem with side plate L carbon(903132)?

when my engine(RB C5) is on the chassis,i can't put the side plate because the engine touch it with the crankcase backplate's screw

what the solution??

i'm going to bore the side plate where the screws touch...
Have you tried just shiming out the left stiffener. I have the JP FX01 and it sits flush with the plate. All I do is just add a 0.2mm shim to add a little space. Too much shimming will interfere with the side pulley though so adding shims does have a limit
Old 02-12-2006, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

You have to hit something pretty hard to bend them.
well yes but when you driving around some guys that don"t hold a line you get hit some times when your full throttle and your in the boards
Old 02-13-2006, 11:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slide_228
If you cut the left hand stiffner, then u will need to remove the right one becuase it will make the chassis to twist unevenly. It is a subtle difference and yr chassis wil last longer.
Interesting to know.............does make sence, thanks.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Julius
In stead of putting the nipple on the side insert a 3mm grub screw in both holes, and drill a 2.5mm hole in the back of the cap and thread the nipple in there.

ok thank you
i did that this morning and all seems ok

I removed the stopper of the tank, and then I removed foam, there is also a small part out of plastic which is dismounted, that allows to see whether the hole is made

here is my work with the pressure

Last edited by nefastseven; 02-13-2006 at 12:34 PM.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ok thank you
i did that this morning and all seems ok

I removed the stopper of the tank, and then I removed foam, there is also a small part out of plastic which is dismounted, that allows to see whether the hole is made

here is my work with the pressure
Looks good. Is the car ready now?
Old 02-14-2006, 08:41 AM
Tech Adept

yes the car is ready,i did all tips i could read in this post

i just have to paint the body,and buy fuel.....but in Paris we have rain and cold weather,it's not easy to run before March
Old 02-14-2006, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

yes the car is ready,i did all tips i could read in this post

i just have to paint the body,and buy fuel.....but in Paris we have rain and cold weather,it's not easy to run before March
March is not to far away. Let us know how it goes.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:57 AM
Tech Champion

Is Barry Baker running for 1/8th Serpent 960 at Winternational...? I don't think he is but I wish he is.....
Old 02-14-2006, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
Is Barry Baker running for 1/8th Serpent 960 at Winternational...? I don't think he is but I wish he is.....
yes he is just like the nationals with the 960
Old 02-14-2006, 01:18 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by captian
yes he is just like the nationals with the 960
OH nice...........another big gun for the snake, the reason I asked is I saw his pictures of him wearing AE shirt, does he need to change shirts everytime when he is running 1/10th 200mm and 1/8th in between...?
Old 02-14-2006, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

OH nice...........another big gun for the snake, the reason I asked is I saw his pictures of him wearing AE shirt, does he need to change shirts everytime when he is running 1/10th 200mm and 1/8th in between...?
I'm sure he was wearing the AE sweatshirt because it's freezing there. When the racing starts, he'll have his Serpent gear on.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:53 PM
Tech Champion

I'm sure he was wearing the AE sweatshirt because it's freezing there. When the racing starts, he'll have his Serpent gear on.
Cool....someone should give him the Team Serpent Sweatshirt....and I just found out he is only racing 1/8th, no Touring for him.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Cool....someone should give him the Team Serpent Sweatshirt....and I just found out he is only racing 1/8th, no Touring for him.
i am pritty shore he has a couple from the nationals last year that he has .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.