Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 960....

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 02:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Gday,

I am a few weeks away from buying my 960. Upgrading from the 950r.

Can anyone recommend any upgrade option to build into the car.

Any hints cautions or advice would also be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Scott
Old 01-15-2006, 03:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

I built mine about a month ago and I highly recommend that you go to mytsn.com and read the Tips and tricks for building the car published by Glenn Cauley (http://www.mytsn.com/products/relpublic.asp?prid=4090) This will get you to the page with all 4 articles that he wrote on building the car. They are excellent and will give you a very well built car. There are quite a few nice hop up parts available. If you go back in this thread to about December, (page 15, post dated 12-22-2005) Paolo Morganti published links to most of them in one of his posts. Personally I would recommeend the aluminum Lay shaft bracket as well as the lighweight shaft for it, Anodized gears for the small gears in the drive train (16T and 18T), CVD's, Front adjustable aluminum upper arm mounting brackets, and lightweight levers.

You are just going to LOVE this car...
Old 01-16-2006, 10:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile S960 articles

Originally Posted by Doug Darby
I built mine about a month ago and I highly recommend that you go to mytsn.com and read the Tips and tricks for building the car published by Glenn Cauley (http://www.mytsn.com/products/relpublic.asp?prid=4090) This will get you to the page with all 4 articles that he wrote on building the car. They are excellent and will give you a very well built car. There are quite a few nice hop up parts available. If you go back in this thread to about December, (page 15, post dated 12-22-2005) Paolo Morganti published links to most of them in one of his posts. Personally I would recommeend the aluminum Lay shaft bracket as well as the lighweight shaft for it, Anodized gears for the small gears in the drive train (16T and 18T), CVD's, Front adjustable aluminum upper arm mounting brackets, and lightweight levers.

You are just going to LOVE this car...

Hey Doug, thanks for the kind words!
It's nice to be appreciated... and besides, I find it fun to write those articles.

There are some really nice option parts for the S960. I think I list most of the option parts that I run on my car, in my articles. I installed the Serpent ceramic bearing set, and also added a Mugen (eep! ) pressure chamber between the pipe and the fuel tank... I hope my Serpent won't reject the Mugen part.

I probably won't run the lightweight QC levers as I don't think they will stand up to my driving style (esp. at the beginning of the season when I am a bit rusty). (I think this is the *kindest* way of saying that.)

I hope that people will put in feedback to my articles (in the "Talk Balk" area) to share their tips & tricks.

Best regards,
Old 01-16-2006, 12:21 PM
Tech Adept

in France we have 960RC it's a special serie qith some option parts there is front driveshaft CVD,engine mount monoblock,and black brake pad

here's the link about 960RC

i think the most important is driveshaft front CVD and the race brake pad,some guys i know who have the 960RC tell me the breaking is better with the option brake pad
on my MRX3 the only options parts were front driveshaft CVD and the anti roll bar adjustable....all the remainder is of origin

at the begining in february i'll buy my 960,but not RC it's too expensive(659€...795$)and i'll only add driveshaft CVD,like this i pay my 960 558€(674$)
because i think engine mount monoblock is not useful has anything,and i'll buy the brake option later,when i'll have my experience with the car

it will be my first time with serpent car....i always ran with mugen(2 sting and 2 MRX3)
Old 01-19-2006, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nefastseven
in France we have 960RC it's a special serie qith some option parts there is front driveshaft CVD,engine mount monoblock,and black brake pad

here's the link about 960RC

i think the most important is driveshaft front CVD and the race brake pad,some guys i know who have the 960RC tell me the breaking is better with the option brake pad
on my MRX3 the only options parts were front driveshaft CVD and the anti roll bar adjustable....all the remainder is of origin

at the begining in february i'll buy my 960,but not RC it's too expensive(659€...795$)and i'll only add driveshaft CVD,like this i pay my 960 558€(674$)
because i think engine mount monoblock is not useful has anything,and i'll buy the brake option later,when i'll have my experience with the car

it will be my first time with serpent car....i always ran with mugen(2 sting and 2 MRX3)
You will like the car. The kit goes together extremely well and the stock set-up is a very good starting point.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by C Verano
Thanks Marc..To bad you're not going. It would of been fun. BTW congrats on the new Kyosho ride.
yes good luck from me too at vegas and show that new york guy driving the kyosho that serpent as steering to
Old 01-19-2006, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by captian
yes good luck from me too at vegas and show that new york guy driving the kyosho that serpent as steering to
Thanks. I'll do my best.
Old 01-19-2006, 12:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by C Verano
You will like the car. The kit goes together extremely well and the stock set-up is a very good starting point.
i think too
i have friends who bought this car and they are very happy with it

when you do a race,there is not videos or pics?

because i like to see great drivers go fast...like the raywood's videos
Old 01-19-2006, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

i think we all would like to see a racing channel for rc . for those that can not make it to races . and for high lights from last weekends race that you went to . we have dvd"s and magazines right now so you never know.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:36 AM
Tech Master

What ceramic bearings have a good value and good performance other than the Serpent variety..... What is available....
Old 01-23-2006, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Default winter wind up

A This a picture that Mike Strack took of my car in Vegas
Old 01-23-2006, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Looks good.... Serpent all the way baby..... When is Mike Strack jumping ship...HEHE
Old 01-23-2006, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

car looks planted maximize the grip and its all day 960
Old 01-23-2006, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

That's a sweet paint scheme.. Who's the artist????
Old 01-23-2006, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rangulo
That's a sweet paint scheme.. Who's the artist????
My cousin Jeremy paints them for me. His paint jobs are in the painting thread under the name jmgouk.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.