Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 960....

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by revo12
I finally brought me a 960 and can't wait to put it together.
You the man!
Old 07-06-2007, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ALG
What type of LI-PO can I use on the 960? how much mah

http://http://rc-mushroom.com/produc...ducts_id=11291

Can I use that battery???

Thanks for your help
ALG, Many of us are currently using this battery, for it is much thinner and we are able to run our fuel tanks slightly lower to aid in clearing carburetor linkages.

Available from Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies.
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 960....-thp13202sjpl-250.jpg  
Old 07-06-2007, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Oh, the dimensions of the battery are as follows.

Approx: 34.3mm x 63.5mm x 14mm

The mAH capacity is 1320.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by CIMRI
Hi,

I have some off power steering problem. exspecially in U turns I have a lot of understeer while off power. Here is my set up , did you guys any ideas?

FRONT: Downstop . 1 mm
Shocks: Upper pos.
Spring : Red ( 40w oil)
Trackwidth : 252 mm
Ride high : 7 mm
Camber : 2mm
Caster: 4mm behind upper arm.
Toe: 1 mm
Anti rolbar : Grinded - flat pos.
Upper arm holders: alum. 1 mm lowered vers.
Wos steering blocks: 2. in right / 1. in left. (w. eccentrics installed , the axel is closser to the upper side the blocks)

REAR:
Shocks: On the bulkheads.
Trackwidth : 262 mm
Ride high : 8 mm
Camber : 3.5 mm
Toe: 3 mm
Anti rolbar : Flat pos(lower pos. wide)
Wheelbase : Long
Body : 8 mm Hang on front.- Blitz

thnx
Try these, maybe these could solve your problem on understeer.
Change to softer tire in front.
Lower down your droop in front -1 or -2.
Softer oil in front say 30w.
Caster lesser.
Less Toe in rear.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:45 PM
Tech Regular

where can I find these parts to buy?
http://www.serpent.com/product/6643
http://www.serpent.com/product/9635
appreciated help
Old 07-08-2007, 06:55 PM
Tech Regular

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by nigelnuggets
You the man!
I know you have alot of knowledge on these cars if I need any help can you assist me.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:13 AM
Tech Adept

Hi,

I have some off power steering problem. exspecially in U turns I have a lot of understeer while off power. Here is my set up , did you guys any ideas?

FRONT: Downstop . 1 mm
Shocks: Upper pos.
Trackwidth : 252 mm
Ride high : 7 mm
Camber : 2mm
Caster: 4mm behind upper arm.
Toe: 1 mm
Anti rolbar : Grinded - flat pos.
Upper arm holders: alum. 1 mm lowered vers.
Wos steering blocks: 2. in right / 1. in left. (w. eccentrics installed , the axel is closser to the upper side the blocks)

REAR:
Shocks: On the bulkheads.
Trackwidth : 262 mm
Ride high : 8 mm
Camber : 3.5 mm
Toe: 3 mm
Anti rolbar : Flat pos(lower pos. wide)
Wheelbase : Long
Body : 8 mm Hang on front.- Blitz

thnx
question how hard of tires are you running, what is your track surface is it high bite or med or low bite. what is thesplit between your front and rear tires. if you use a 7 split it may help you quite abit. if you run on a higher bite surface you may have to go to harder tires. i run on a med ot low bite surface out here and i run 38 to 40's depending on the heat of the track. i would actually widen your rear to 265. this will increase the rotation in the corner. I dont see your droop settings try 0 and 8 to start . if your track is bummpy -1 and 7 if a lot of high speed 0 and 9 it keep your car flater but you can conpensateby agressively attacking the hairpins and drive through them. if you want a more agressive car we have been testing and we are pretty close. i will give you more if you want. oh by the way what is your rear roll center that can also free up your car a bit by raising for the bottom hole to the middle hole. you canshorten the car and that will give you more steering everywhere. these are some of the things that i have tried that seem to help qite a bit. if your want more let me know
Old 07-09-2007, 12:48 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jeff1
appreciated help
Jeff, that is the "old" vector gearbox.....
Does not fit the new LC gearbox....

But if you want them, try www.the-border.com
Old 07-09-2007, 04:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by new3
question how hard of tires are you running, what is your track surface is it high bite or med or low bite. what is thesplit between your front and rear tires. if you use a 7 split it may help you quite abit. if you run on a higher bite surface you may have to go to harder tires. i run on a med ot low bite surface out here and i run 38 to 40's depending on the heat of the track. i would actually widen your rear to 265. this will increase the rotation in the corner. I dont see your droop settings try 0 and 8 to start . if your track is bummpy -1 and 7 if a lot of high speed 0 and 9 it keep your car flater but you can conpensateby agressively attacking the hairpins and drive through them. if you want a more agressive car we have been testing and we are pretty close. i will give you more if you want. oh by the way what is your rear roll center that can also free up your car a bit by raising for the bottom hole to the middle hole. you canshorten the car and that will give you more steering everywhere. these are some of the things that i have tried that seem to help qite a bit. if your want more let me know
Hi,
I am using ATS 35s tires all around. My tire wear is rear to front very good. That why im not thing of using different shores. Split is 6 mm. 68mm front, 74 mm rear.
My rear roll center is on the middle. Rear rollbar 45 deg. The surface of the track is flat and mid - high bit! The track is very fast but need a good setup for U turns. About the droop I have no idea. I havent messure my droop this time. Actually im not using droop much ,only playing w. dowstops. Is it wrong?
Normally I have 264 mm rear widht. I'll try this time 262 mm. Is this a wrong idea?
Old 07-09-2007, 04:50 AM
Tech Regular

For tight U-Turns, the rear downstop "droop" lowered will help, so will a shorter wheelbase.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:04 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Darint
For tight U-Turns, the rear downstop "droop" lowered will help, so will a shorter wheelbase.

Did you mean less downstop on the rear?

ps: I sent you a pm. sorry fatal error
Old 07-09-2007, 06:07 AM
Tech Regular

Default Ashford Hobby

appreciated help
Hey Jeff1 ashford hobby may be a good place, part#6643 is $28.75, and part# 9635 is $23.35.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by revo12
I know you have alot of knowledge on these cars if I need any help can you assist me.
Anytime sir.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

appreciated help
In stock at Winner's Circle.

9635 = $10
6643 = $29.50
Old 07-09-2007, 07:19 PM
Tech Adept

Hi,
I am using ATS 35s tires all around. My tire wear is rear to front very good. That why im not thing of using different shores. Split is 6 mm. 68mm front, 74 mm rear.
My rear roll center is on the middle. Rear rollbar 45 deg. The surface of the track is flat and mid - high bit! The track is very fast but need a good setup for U turns. About the droop I have no idea. I havent messure my droop this time. Actually im not using droop much ,only playing w. dowstops. Is it wrong?
Normally I have 264 mm rear widht. I'll try this time 262 mm. Is this a wrong idea?
i would recommend using harder tires. 38 all the way around or 40's. the wider the rear end the better your rotation because the car see's itself shorter. do you have a droop gauge this is where you take off your tires sway bars and shocks and measure the distant from the bottom of the chassie to the bottom of the steering knuckles and and the rear up rights. this limits the roll from front to back and from side to side. these are very important. in the front the stering knockle should be level with the bottom of the chassy the rear up rights should be 7 - 8 mm above the levl of the bottom of the chassy. your split of 6 also take away from your stearing i would recommend 7mm this will also help withthe drive train wear. start at

Out in so cal most of us are running harder spring front and back to create more recovery in the switch back. most are run blues all the way around i personally am running purples all the way around and yes the car stick in the corner. i also went to light oil. If you want i could give you the intire setup. it is very raticle it rotates like a mugan in the corners. you can drive it very hard into u turns. and carry all kinds of speed. It isn't for everyone. also make one change at a time. it is very important you do this because everything i have given you make a little changr soyouo can get use to what changes in your car. if you do everything it may scare you. there is a fundemental change in the way you drive the car.

Last edited by new3; 07-09-2007 at 07:29 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.