Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Evolva 2005

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 04:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fraz
Hey Tim,

Do we get a part number for 03-05 conversion kits yet? This is one thing that I think Serpent does right over the other manufacturers is allowing users to purchase upgrades. I may have missed a post mentioning it so I am sorry if it was an oversight.
Currently their is not a conversion available. But below is a list of part numbers that make a 2005, a 2005 WC.

Code:
FM503-0
 Knuckle Arm (0 degree)

FM510C
 Fuel Tank with air room cap

FM531-4319
 Front Spring (4.3-1.9/White)

FM532-5319
 Rear Spring (5.3-1.9/White)

FMW8B
 SP Middle Belt (420)

FMW9B
 SP Rear Belt (201)

FMW20
 Off-set Spacer

W6002
 Titanium Shcok Shaft (30)

W6008
 Titanium Shcok Shaft (33)

FMW25
 SP Front Belt (207)

APP01
 APP Brake Rotor & Pad set (32x4mm)

FMW26
 SP Front One-touch Stopper 2

FMW27
 SP Rear One-touch Stopper 2

VZW064
 Lightweight 1st Gear Housing

FMW29
 Rear Universal Swingshaft

FMW34
 Adjustable Servo Saver

FMW36
 Front Universal Swingshaft

FMW37
 Aluminum Middle Shaft Mount

FMW38
 Aluminum Body Mount

FMW39
 Aluminum Front Upper Arm Mount

FMW533-35
 New Rear Hinge Pin Blocks
Old 05-13-2006, 02:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was at Cincinnati last weekend and suffered with severe lack of rear bite. I wanted to try a very soft clutch that would slip rather then spin the tires but I really had no idea what to try. My question is what clutch weights (black,white, drilled?) and shoe (black,grey,red,brown,whatever?) would you guys think would be worth trying, I did soften the spring setting a little but it was hardly noticeable. Also, I heard the clutch used at the Worlds last year had a lot of slip and wondered if anyone knew what they used there.

That track was very weird, lots of front bite and no rear bite, very hard front tires, even narrow cut down fronts were common. Wide front track, narrow rear, you name it and people were trying it looking for rear traction. It has been sealed and will probably change by the time the Nationals get here but it is very tricky right now.
Old 05-14-2006, 06:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default sliding rears

It can be quite a lot of reasons for sliding rear but you can try this. Use the standard set up (ie: Front 252. Rear 262, long chassis, 500W oil all round and 35 tyres-if that is what your track normally runs), optional rear roll bar flat, front roll bar 45 degree.

Frist work on the springs and there are a few combinations:

Mugen white front and rear
Kyosho silver front and copper rear
Kyosho black front and Mugen white/Kyosho copper rear

Front shock position 1 or 2 (I prefer 1 if the nose is not diving)
Rear shock position 1

On the clutch side you don't want to produce too much HP to spin the wheels, just enough to get u around. What I will recommend is:

stock clutch with no holes drilled on white shoes 0.5mm gap with stock clutch spring. spring tension 0.9 to start with and 1.2mm max Stock clutch shoe, no modification.

Messina has the most pecular situation as the track was real dirty and you cannot run outside the line or you will be going to the wall! That's why the clutch was set real soft to slow down the bang against the bell. Just real smooth acceleration and not so much power.

Try it and see what happens

Originally Posted by OldNSlow2
I was at Cincinnati last weekend and suffered with severe lack of rear bite. I wanted to try a very soft clutch that would slip rather then spin the tires but I really had no idea what to try. My question is what clutch weights (black,white, drilled?) and shoe (black,grey,red,brown,whatever?) would you guys think would be worth trying, I did soften the spring setting a little but it was hardly noticeable. Also, I heard the clutch used at the Worlds last year had a lot of slip and wondered if anyone knew what they used there.

That track was very weird, lots of front bite and no rear bite, very hard front tires, even narrow cut down fronts were common. Wide front track, narrow rear, you name it and people were trying it looking for rear traction. It has been sealed and will probably change by the time the Nationals get here but it is very tricky right now.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:29 AM
Tech Master

The contact patch of the tyres are to big. On low grip surfaces the tyre will break away at a given KG/cm. Try triming off the inner half of the tyres down to the plastic as an experiment.

Cheers
Old 05-15-2006, 05:03 AM
Tech Adept

Try my setup, despite the track conditions, this seemed to work pretty well.

http://www.empirercracing.com/Cincinnati.html

I ran the smallest rear empire sway bar. (If you don't have the empire, try running without one.
Old 05-17-2006, 04:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default rear camber adjustment

Hello,

I finished building an 05 Evolva and am in the process of going through the setup. Is there a 'trick' to adjusting the rear camber? In order to get to the threaded rod, I've removed the body mount, and used a small L shaped allen wrench to turn the rod. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance,
Steve
Old 05-17-2006, 04:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bsmooth
Hello,

I finished building an 05 Evolva and am in the process of going through the setup. Is there a 'trick' to adjusting the rear camber? In order to get to the threaded rod, I've removed the body mount, and used a small L shaped allen wrench to turn the rod. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance,
Steve
That is exactly what I used to use before I got my hook and pick set. You can get those hook and pick sets from your local hardware store which include 3 or 4 different hooks and picks I have the set that is made by snap on and it works perfectly.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:01 PM
Tech Regular

We have been taking a body clip and straightening it out leaving a 45 deg bend on one end and a 90 deg on the other. You have to alternate between the 45 and 90 ends to turn it but you can do it with out any disassembly.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:05 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the info!!
-Steve
Old 05-26-2006, 09:11 AM
Tech Addict

Default belt tension

What do you guys recommend as a starting point for belt tension on the front and rear belts? I'm running all 'kit' parts and really don't know what is too tight or too loose as far as belt tension.

Thanks for any help,
Steve
Old 06-04-2006, 07:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Doug day I thought you were driving HPI ????I saw you at a race in japan last sunday with the HPI guys
Old 06-05-2006, 08:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

quick question for Kyosho guys, which steering ackerman gives you the most agressive steering?
Old 06-06-2006, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

the lower the number the more steering you get
Old 06-06-2006, 12:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thanks Jimmy, see you at the track
Old 06-06-2006, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

see you then

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.