Kyosho Evolva 2005

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Evolva 2005

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

The manual says to use a small ball cup on the front shocks but the shock extends to 100% before the droop screws come into play. You also cant get enough ground clearance when the front tyres are worn.

I changed the front shock ball cup to medium and its OK now.

Cheers
Old 03-21-2006, 07:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ziggy12345
The manual says to use a small ball cup on the front shocks but the shock extends to 100% before the droop screws come into play. You also cant get enough ground clearance when the front tyres are worn.

I changed the front shock ball cup to medium and its OK now.

Cheers
i use the small ball cup per manual without problem. when the shock extends to 100%, the travel distance should be 12mm from shock body to the ball cup if I remember correctly.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just put my 05 together. While doing a test run, I got into a small accident. Besides, rc-toro and ace, where in US can you find 05 parts? I want to get the alum front arm mount? I saw it in rc-mushroom. But, I don't want to pay for the oversea shipping. Thx for your help in advance.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by silverM3
I just put my 05 together. While doing a test run, I got into a small accident. Besides, rc-toro and ace, where in US can you find 05 parts? I want to get the alum front arm mount? I saw it in rc-mushroom. But, I don't want to pay for the oversea shipping. Thx for your help in advance.

Ace Hobbies: (800) 383-2657
Ashford Hobbies: (814) 364-9250
Old 03-21-2006, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Default new to 1/8

hey guys
i want to start racing 1/8

ive been using a v one rrr for over a year now but i wanna get into 1/8 as well
ive read up on the evolva and the mugen mrx but im not sure about the pros and cons of each

i would prefer to go the kyosho evolva as it looks similiar to the rrr so i guess setup could be the same. and my parts distributor stocks all the kyosho stuff.

i just wanted to know if anyone here has tested both these cars ? ill be racing on a permanent track (moorebank - sydney) with high grip
Old 03-21-2006, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mrgsr
hey guys

ive read up on the evolva and the mugen mrx but im not sure about the pros and cons of each

i would prefer to go the kyosho evolva as it looks similiar to the rrr so i guess setup could be the same. and my parts distributor stocks all the kyosho stuff.

i just wanted to know if anyone here has tested both these cars ? ill be racing on a permanent track (moorebank - sydney) with high grip
Here's our site with all of our "testing" and results. Feel free to browse and use the info. The site will be used/posted too heavily this year as the Evolva's USA presence increases. The Evolva is great on High Bite tracks.

http://www.empirercracing.com/blog.html
Old 03-21-2006, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

hey guys

I raced the RRR all last year and then switched to the Evolva for this season. I was impressed at the deffinate handling of the car compared to the 1/10th I thought it would be less nimble but it seems more reponsive and seems to hold the line easier.

Applying full power when not even 1/3rd through the corner is awesome! The car just hooks around and then blasts along the straight.

Old 03-21-2006, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Default engine

what do u guys think of the os .21 VZ-B V-Spec-T (P)

i dont wanna start with a super huge hp engine just till i get used to its speed and handling

are there any other engines you recommend at a good price ?
Old 03-21-2006, 03:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

what do u guys think of the os .21 VZ-B V-Spec-T (P)

i dont wanna start with a super huge hp engine just till i get used to its speed and handling

are there any other engines you recommend at a good price ?
If you can, get novarossi base engines, my R1 motor is running pretty strong and it temps consistently 180-185 and it can keep up with expensive motors, it's just the matter how you break in the motor and how you setup the clutch. I was going to get the VZ but too many people having problem with its inner bearings. Ninja engines will be out soon (i think) and the price is very competitive so maybe you could look into that, i know i'll be getting one soon.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:39 PM
Tech Adept

silverM3 - you can also get kyosho parts directly through KyoshoUSA. Just give them a call.

mrgsr - both the evolva and mrx3/4 are great cars and you wouldn't be wrong to choose either one. If you can get an Novarossi R1 motor, I would (that's what I'll be running this season for my club motor). The Ninja engines have a good price as does the new RB Xenon Speedline motors (really interested in seeing how these motors stack up to the other competition 21's out there).
Old 03-21-2006, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by darkangel
a good price as does the new RB Xenon Speedline motors (really interested in seeing how these motors stack up to the other competition 21's out there).
The Xenon R is fast (we have been running a pre-production version). We'll have it with us in Texas. Come check it out.

Last edited by Rich Browne; 03-21-2006 at 06:41 PM.
Old 03-21-2006, 06:03 PM
Tech Addict

Thx a lot for the replies. I will certain go take a look at Ashford's web site. I don't want to buy directly from Kyosho USA because they charge $$$$$$
Old 03-21-2006, 07:39 PM
Tech Adept

Rich - I would love to come down to Texas but getting all 1/8th scale stuff as tapped my money supply for the moment. I'll be sure to ask Sal about how that motor runs. I'm looking to getting one before my first national race (I plan on running at the GLC this year and maybe the Paris Memorial).

silverM3 - I really didn't notice much difference between KyoshoUSA and Ace Hardware, other than getting the parts I wanted was easier through KyoshoUSA.
Old 03-22-2006, 03:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Just a quick FYI to all Evolva owners
I know how hard it can get to find parts for this car especially if you are the only one driving a Evolva like myself.
Just got word that brooklynhobbies has got a huge inventory on Kyosho evolva & RRR & he is giving 20% discount on all parts
Old 03-22-2006, 03:59 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 710baby
Just a quick FYI to all Evolva owners
I know how hard it can get to find parts for this car especially if you are the only one driving a Evolva like myself.
Just got word that brooklynhobbies has got a huge inventory on Kyosho evolva & RRR & he is giving 20% discount on all parts
How did you get the 20% discount? Do I need to call them?

Sorry to say this. But, brooklynhobbies do not carry a huge inventory on Kyosho 05 evolva compared to rc-toro, ace, and ashford.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.