Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Evolva 2005

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 10:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rich Browne
I would suggest a front belt tensioner (empirercracing.com). Plus, there are belts on the market that break easily. Run the FM 538 front Kyosho belt.

Your two speed should work well - Here are some items to check: A) be sure to check that the first and second gears aren't tight and binding. There should be .008" of clearance between FM328-1 and FM 539. B) across the entire two speed shaft, there should be .005" play. Or, push the two speed shaft, in and out - the entire assembly should have play - not too tight. C) Your air gap should be minimal - between the second gear housing and the two speed shoes - no contact - but, damn close - use the "small set-screw" to set - evenly top and bottom. D) Bottom out your adjusting spring (FM423) - now back both out 2.25 turns. You should be close.

Good Luck

Thank you very much for your help. I check it.(The front belts that have breaked is the original kyosho. I contact you again when i check it.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nikoskar
Thank you very much for your help. I check it.(The front belts that have breaked is the original kyosho. I contact you again when i check it.
If you want help (I'll do my best) - feel free to eMail me at: [email protected]
Old 02-18-2006, 08:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default tires

..Could someone tell me what tires everyone likes for the Evolva, where you get them, and does anyone offer a quantity discount? I'm looking at buying enough for the season.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Steve
Old 02-18-2006, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bsmooth
..Could someone tell me what tires everyone likes for the Evolva, where you get them, and does anyone offer a quantity discount? I'm looking at buying enough for the season.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Steve

Jaco's or Kyosho Red Box
Contact Ace Hobbies - Jr or Kevin good prices, good guys
Old 02-18-2006, 04:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

I heard you guys are working on the new rear lower suspension pin holder. Have seen some factory Kyosho guys running different suspension holder. What's the difference with yours and when will it come out?

Jaco's or Kyosho Red Box
Contact Ace Hobbies - Jr or Kevin good prices, good guys
Old 02-18-2006, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by slide_228
I heard you guys are working on the new rear lower suspension pin holder. Have seen some factory Kyosho guys running different suspension holder. What's the difference with yours and when will it come out?
We have two upper front holders coming out. One is based on the 2005 design - except it can be lowered by 3 mm and will not bend like a similar product. The second, a 2003 derivative, has the pin hole location inboard slightly (compared to the '03). It can also be lowered by 3 mm over the stock unit - plus, it won't bend.

The rear block you are inquiring about is still a prototype.
Old 02-18-2006, 06:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Two speed shaft

Does anyone have a problem with their two speed shaft bending all the time? And what do you do to prevent that from happening?
Old 02-18-2006, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by superserpent
Does anyone have a problem with their two speed shaft bending all the time? And what do you do to prevent that from happening?
They do bend easily. It doesn't seem to cause any issues. As a suggestion - this will make the two speed "hit" a little softer (perhaps slowing the "bending"). Reduce the air gap between the second gear housing and the two speed shoes. Adjust until the shoes make contact - then back out so there is no rubbing. Be sure that both shoes are adjusted the same.
Old 02-18-2006, 08:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

They do bend easily. It doesn't seem to cause any issues. As a suggestion - this will make the two speed "hit" a little softer (perhaps slowing the "bending"). Reduce the air gap between the second gear housing and the two speed shoes. Adjust until the shoes make contact - then back out so there is no rubbing. Be sure that both shoes are adjusted the same.
Thanks Rich,
Does anyone make a lightened two shaft that might be stronger than the stock one?
Old 02-19-2006, 06:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by superserpent
Thanks Rich,
Does anyone make a lightened two shaft that might be stronger than the stock one?
Nothing for sale that I'm aware of.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default screw kit

..Does anyone know of screw set for the Evolva that is the same color (black) as the kit screws?

Thanks ,
Steve
Old 02-20-2006, 11:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi guys,

I need help finding tires for my evolva, i've been looking my LHS and online stores but only could find 35's and 37's shores...i'm looking for 40's shore tires. Maybe someone can tell me where to get them.

thanks
Old 02-20-2006, 11:08 PM
wad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by luketob
Hi guys,

I need help finding tires for my evolva, i've been looking my LHS and online stores but only could find 35's and 37's shores...i'm looking for 40's shore tires. Maybe someone can tell me where to get them.

thanks
I'm sure that Dana will be getting tires for you very soon.........
By the way, your car was looking really good today, seriously
Old 02-20-2006, 11:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wad
I'm sure that Dana will be getting tires for you very soon.........
By the way, your car was looking really good today, seriously

That's nice to hear it Walter, i'll check with Dana when he's going to have them. My car is running great today, i'm getting the hang of it but still need alot of improvement in driving department . Thanks for helping me with the car.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Rich, in the new 05' front upper pin holder kyosho have made some reinforcement by using thicker material. I found it is much stronger than the 03' so the problem should have been fixed....a very nice update and I look forward to your empire new mount.

We have two upper front holders coming out. One is based on the 2005 design - except it can be lowered by 3 mm and will not bend like a similar product. The second, a 2003 derivative, has the pin hole location inboard slightly (compared to the '03). It can also be lowered by 3 mm over the stock unit - plus, it won't bend.

The rear block you are inquiring about is still a prototype.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.