Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Evolva 2005

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by darkangel
Hope someone here can help.

I'm going through a used Delta that I'm converting to 05 specs. I'm getting a bind (rear of the car) on the right side after attaching the body mount. I've tried to open up the holes in the mount like Sal Difazio suggested, but no dice. The left side works nice and free but not the right side. Any other suggestions?

The bind only appears when the body support is attached? If that is the case, disconnect the left side - does the bind disappear?
Old 02-01-2006, 07:15 PM
wad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrfocker
hi, just wanted to ask you about the difference about delta and evolva? can i convert the delta to 05 evolva. thanks
If you are planning to get one, just go for the EVOLVA 2005
I can help you with setup at the track.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:24 PM
Tech Adept

yes the bind disappears with the left side unattached. very frustrating. what's the fix.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:33 PM
wad
Tech Elite

yes the bind disappears with the left side unattached. very frustrating. what's the fix.
Try to shave the plastic a little, looks like they fit too tight. Let us know if that doesn't work
Old 02-01-2006, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Wad is right - the fit is too tight. I would ream the holes as well - a little "slop" in that area is necessary to get good final movement. It is the only area that requires "hand" fitting.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:03 AM
Tech Adept

thanks. I'll try to shave/ream a little more tonight.

Right now it's better than it was.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Evolva 2005 WCE ::

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/products..._wct_ed-j.html
Old 02-11-2006, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

ha ogreasurda are you getting one ? looks like a race ready package.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by captian
If my bank $$ can have a few more 0's at the end............
Old 02-11-2006, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by captian
next time
Old 02-11-2006, 04:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default bearings

..Gentlemen.

I'm in the process of building the car, and was wondering about bearings. Should I pop off the metal sheild, clean out all of the grease and re-lube with light weight bearing oil?

I'm asking this because the bearings feel a little 'heavy'.

Thanks in advance,
Steve
Old 02-11-2006, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bsmooth
..Gentlemen.

I'm in the process of building the car, and was wondering about bearings. Should I pop off the metal sheild, clean out all of the grease and re-lube with light weight bearing oil?

I'm asking this because the bearings feel a little 'heavy'.

Thanks in advance,
Steve
if you use light oil you will have to service the bearing after every race to keep them up properly. if you leave the grease in the car will loosen up after the first run or so. you will clean them less but that is up to you
Old 02-12-2006, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default radio set up tip

Guys,
Here's something interesting that a buddy and I stumbled across recently that I want to share. I don't use dual rate very much, but my buddy does and discovered a what appeared to be a problem. When turning his d/r down, he found that the end points of the steering limits did not follow proportionally. For instance, if a 12th scale car could turn 2 foot circles at max steering in both directions and then you were to turn the d/r down, you might find that the car might turn a 3 foot circle one way and 4 foot circle the other direction.

Well this seemed like an obvious flaw in the radio. Who would want non-proportional side to side d/r like that? I have always found that when I set my radio up that my end points are not always the same side to side (90% vs 75%), but once set, the car always acted correctly. So thinking this was odd, I thought that I would ask our radio control Team Manager this question.

It turns out, that if you center a servo with "trim" to achieve the mechanical center that you are looking for in your servo arm/saver... you will have uneven end points and this problem will effect the way your d/r acts as you reduce it!

The correct way to set up your servo is to find the least amount of off center to mount your arm/saver and correct it with "sub-trim" to the nearest amount of mechanical center that you can. But first, you must make sure that your steering trim is at "zero". Make sure that your d/r is maxed out. Then set your epa's. You might find that your epa's are much closer percentage-wise then before. With any car, you will have to check all the steering links for equal lengths and a proper length steering rack link. Then use the "trim" to fine tune your car on the track. Now, your d/r will reduce proportionally correct all the way! Maybe as a rule, if you get steering trim more then 5% off of center, you may want to fix some of that through sub-trim. For some reason, the software that is in today's radios do not treat trim and sub-trim as the same, especially involving dual rate.

Check it out, it's worth a look!

Brian
Old 02-13-2006, 05:06 AM
Tech Regular

I have one HUGE issue with my Evolva. I have changed in a weekend 3 front belt.It cut them off. I have changed pulley and the problem still exists.I also have problem with my second gear.The car in the air put the second gear exactly when i want but in the track there is no 2nd gear.I have this problem for 1 month i have done infinity changes to the 2nd gear.My low gear is very nice(I have fixed anso the centax.).Like the first gear is out 40000 rpm and cannot change onto 2nd gear.Some times it changes gear exactly as in was in the air but when is in the stage ops the 2nd is lost. Can any one please help me...PLeaseeeeee!!!!!

Sorry for the huge mail..
Old 02-13-2006, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nikoskar
I have one HUGE issue with my Evolva. I have changed in a weekend 3 front belt.It cut them off. I have changed pulley and the problem still exists.I also have problem with my second gear.The car in the air put the second gear exactly when i want but in the track there is no 2nd gear.I have this problem for 1 month i have done infinity changes to the 2nd gear.My low gear is very nice(I have fixed anso the centax.).Like the first gear is out 40000 rpm and cannot change onto 2nd gear.Some times it changes gear exactly as in was in the air but when is in the stage ops the 2nd is lost. Can any one please help me...PLeaseeeeee!!!!!

Sorry for the huge mail..
I would suggest a front belt tensioner (empirercracing.com). Plus, there are belts on the market that break easily. Run the FM 538 front Kyosho belt.

Your two speed should work well - Here are some items to check: A) be sure to check that the first and second gears aren't tight and binding. There should be .008" of clearance between FM328-1 and FM 539. B) across the entire two speed shaft, there should be .005" play. Or, push the two speed shaft, in and out - the entire assembly should have play - not too tight. C) Your air gap should be minimal - between the second gear housing and the two speed shoes - no contact - but, damn close - use the "small set-screw" to set - evenly top and bottom. D) Bottom out your adjusting spring (FM423) - now back both out 2.25 turns. You should be close.

Good Luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.