Search

ROAR GT Rules

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 07:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1FastVW
nice!
Maxy 5 Bt with 7mm restrictor will be the best option trust me !
Old 12-02-2013, 03:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jrice
FLORIDA WINTERNATS Feb. 11-15,2014
Lee Civic Center
Ft. Myers,Florida

We will be using the ROAR rules in effect as of the start of the event.
We will be the first major ROAR race to run these rules.
we look forward to adding this class to one of the largest races of the year.
We will also be the host of the 2014 ROAR FUEL ON ROAD NATIONALS.
This will be the first ROAR NATIONALS with this class.

Looking forward to seeing at the "FORT'

Go to www.winternats,com to enter

If you want more track time we will also host a FORGASS race on Feb.7,8,9 - 2014
There will be 85 + drivers at this race.
Attached Thumbnails ROAR GT Rules-dsc_0192.jpg  
Old 12-02-2013, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You can check the new GO Engines GXII PLUS .21 ... very nice, fast and cheap 5 ports.

GO just got a new distributor for USA, full support and its already selling ...

regards,
Old 12-02-2013, 02:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Joseph16
+1
Old 12-02-2013, 06:21 PM
Tech Regular

JOSE, ISNT THAT THE MOTOR YOU RUN IN YOUR SERPENT GT ?? YOU HAVE WON QUITE A FEW RACES IN THE NY TRI-STATE WITH IT CORRECT ??LOL..
Old 12-02-2013, 09:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Yb2fast
JOSE, ISNT THAT THE MOTOR YOU RUN IN YOUR SERPENT GT ?? YOU HAVE WON QUITE A FEW RACES IN THE NY TRI-STATE WITH IT CORRECT ??LOL..
Absolutely...
But since the rest of the guys started using 7 and 9 ports motors i had to switch to the maxy 7Bt.
I can honestly say that the maxy 5bt is a really good Motor!
Old 12-03-2013, 04:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Who said that ?. Tire choice is personal, but as of not for "GT" Class, the best options on the market are Alpha RC and Sweep. If you put everything in balance (cost, availability, performance, wear rate, etc) GRP and PMT are not on the top of the list.

Anyway, i agree with the rule.

cya !
I´m saying that, actually my chronometer said that. I tested all kinds of tires you could imagine and based on that PMT and GRP are the best tires on the market.

As for your balance, the GRP has the same price, last longer, you can buy direct from GRP website and the performance is at least 10% better (time wise speaking), not to mention that the tire tire does not unglue during a race.

I did not understand why dish wheels are not allowed. I can only guess.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 357 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MarceloAires
I´m saying that, actually my chronometer said that. I tested all kinds of tires you could imagine and based on that PMT and GRP are the best tires on the market.

As for your balance, the GRP has the same price, last longer, you can buy direct from GRP website and the performance is at least 10% better (time wise speaking), not to mention that the tire tire does not unglue during a race.

I did not understand why dish wheels are not allowed. I can only guess.
I have these sets, on a treated track they don't come close to performance to Alphas or Sweeps. No one in the Tri-state race with them.

VP-Pro came out with GT tires but didn't come out with slicks or they would have been selling.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MarceloAires

I did not understand why dish wheels are not allowed. I can onily guess.
It all depend on the tipe of surface... Because those tire that you're mention in the try-state area they dont work at all because all the tracks here are treated...
But im my country (dom. rep.) because the surface of the track is rough the grp seems to work really good.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

It all depend on the tipe of surface... Because those tire that you're mention in the try-state area they dont work at all because all the tracks here are treated...
But im my country (dom. rep.) because the surface of the track is rough the grp seems to work really good.

+1
Those tires do not work here in TX either with or without track treatment.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:08 PM
Tech Regular

Absolutely...
But since the rest of the guys started using 7 and 9 ports motors i had to switch to the maxy 7Bt.
I can honestly say that the maxy 5bt is a really good Motor!
Jose, I think I may have to call maxy himself and go pick one up next time I am down in miami.. : ) Tks...and it's ROAR LEGAL !!! yess...
Old 12-03-2013, 09:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Talking

Originally Posted by Yb2fast
Jose, I think I may have to call maxy himself and go pick one up next time I am down in miami.. : ) Tks...and it's ROAR LEGAL !!! yess...
Do not hesitate!!!!
Yup Roar Legal...
Old 12-11-2013, 06:49 AM
afm
Tech Master

Default 7th Pacific Cup Lima- Peru

Hi guys,

Want to share with you the latest aerial video promoting our track and the
7th edition of the Pacific Cup in Lima Peru

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2zuJy5TnHA

also to let you know that registrations are open and flowing at:

http://www.apercar.com/copa_del_pacifico.html

just make click on FORMULARIO DE REGISTRO and register

and if you want to check who is registered make click on INSCRITOS

Is it March????.......come guys you are most welcome to a great event with our special latin treat.

AFM
Old 12-30-2013, 02:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jrice
FLORIDA WINTERNATS Feb. 11-15,2014
Lee Civic Center
Ft. Myers,Florida

We will be using the ROAR rules in effect as of the start of the event.
We will be the first major ROAR race to run these rules.
we look forward to adding this class to one of the largest races of the year.
We will also be the host of the 2014 ROAR FUEL ON ROAD NATIONALS.
This will be the first ROAR NATIONALS with this class.

Looking forward to seeing at the "FORT'

Go to www.winternats,com to enter

If you want more track time we will also host a FORGASS race on Feb.7,8,9 - 2014
There will be 85 + drivers at this race.
Well I guess this is one not to attend for GT
Old 12-30-2013, 02:39 PM
Tech Adept

ROAR - great that a new sanctioning body was what made you finally spit up some rules. We have developed committees and forums over the last three years with rules that have been previously introduced to ROAR with no previous ROAR comments or engagement. Even regional ROAR members were a part of those committees.

I keep reading comments about the engine rule...... The comments keep trying to say something about off road buggy based class, then go to a restriction on ports/mods/restrictor? I never saw where off road 8th scale had these restrictions? Tell the off road 8th scale guys they can only run a 5 port and every motor will be torn apart to be tech'd for mods? OBVIOUSLY NOT HAPPENING in OFF ROAD! And OBVIOUSLY no resources to tech motors at any local events for one class.

IMO we will continue to run our own thing and forget about ROAR for GT. We only have one on road ROAR race in our region anyway......and guys are surely not going to travel to hit a race for GT with such restrictions. I am assuming most club races will still maintain there own rules.

Oh, and telling guys that run a particular car manufacturer that they cannot run that car now.....after the entire GT group of racers is ok with it? Then ok for one year? What a bad decision in efforts for manufactures to support racers and classes. The racers could care less if they run an ofna or teamc? Why does ROAR care.

Next thing you know there will be a governor required.

At the end of the day ROAR could really give a crap about what has been going on over the development of the class......and the racers could really give a crap about ROAR...especially after giving ROAR tons of information in the past to end up with this. Most racers are forced to be ROAR members due to a particular sanctioned event.

I support ROAR for most of there efforts and classes whether on road or off-road but trying to create a GT spec class and eliminate manufactures shows that ROAR dropped the ball on this class. This class is for professionals as well as beginners. Build a class for pros too.

ROAR also knows it doesn't need the GT class to survive....so why would they care......they were forced into doing something.

Hopefully most of the big events at Liesure Hours, Homestead, and others will continue to provide there own set of rules that appeals to the masses.

These ROAR rules have and will divide this class......just more drama to deal with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.