Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR GT Rules

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 02:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
No problems man. With the way some of the GT arguments have gone over the years, it is easy to misunderstand what someone is saying. The ROAR rules aren't perfect and most of are sure that a few things will be amended along the way. They have established their outline to build upon which is what some have wanted from them for a few years.
I think I've caught on after doing a lot of reading. . I'm new to on road and since I'm an AE off roader I was goin to convert an RC8 for the GT class but after hanging at Gulf Coast and getting to see the cars and hanging with Tony/Marcus I realized that its best to get a purpose built car. After what I witnessed from the Team C GT8L Spec class car thats what i chose to cut my teeth in on road. I'm really excited about the GT class and it looks like there is great potential for growth.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by *1speedy

Yup I agree, rules are fairly simple and with the upcoming changes the foundation is laid and ROAR as the Official organization has come through... better late then never Best news for the GT class to date

I believe you are right, now these multimillion dollar R/C makers can actually consider making more competitive GT's. This will be a sure POSITAVE GAIN for GT

Its well documented that you don't agree but this thread is about ROAR, please continue your efforts on the i8gt8f thread you started.

We all here are passionate about GT8, the anticipation of the rule adjustments can't get here fast enough

Look forward this New Year for ROAR GT8 included races like the Nitro ROAR National Championshipsand many like it.

This is were your WRONG SIR, THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM and as a paying member of ROAR I have a right to my opinion and voice about the topic at hand.

I can just as easily say TAKE IT TO ROARs forum, but how constructive would that really be.

Not to mention last couple post have been just been objective criticism on certain topics or items of the RULES. Again with noone offering any actual input or solutions to the (TBA) sections.

We are all passionate I agree, and my opinions and beliefs are on thing, compared to make actions.

If this is what "we" as racers all agree with and have been waiting for, step up then. Offer and enlighten us with your all mighty wisdom and knowledge to execute solutions.

Or do you just want to wait another 3+ years for revisions or adjustments? (its clear ROAR is very busy)
Lets get the show on the road so we can all be Ready for next year or season.

Take it however you want LEON, but I'm no keyboard jockey hiding behind screen names or sitting around just waiting.(I assumed you weren't either, by you building a competitive Xray GT). My actions speak lounder then words.

We are all connected by association by our passion.

Old 11-13-2013, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Its very SIMPLE really not brain surgery.

State these are the ROAR RULES, ok we all follow them.

Open a time period for revisions if needed and move foward.

All the uncertainty and pussy footing is just time wasted.
I am a racer let me get my approved gear ready to race.

Our are we waiting on third party influences to sway the revisions one way or another?
Old 11-13-2013, 06:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (97%+)

Drama, Drama............... Tony you get those POINTS POSTED YET for our so called Winter series ? If so could you help me find them ?
Old 11-13-2013, 08:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Yes you are right TONY how could I have been so mistaken.. I apologize, what could I have been thinking. I am sure you do not have any conflicting issues that would bring you to engage yourself in any direct or indirect malice or any type of ill forum etiquette of the topic ROAR GT RULES

Please continue to share as is your right.......
Old 11-14-2013, 04:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by *1speedy
Yes you are right TONY how could I have been so mistaken.. I apologize, what could I have been thinking. I am sure you do not have any conflicting issues that would bring you to engage yourself in any direct or indirect malice or any type of ill forum etiquette of the topic ROAR GT RULES

Please continue to share as is your right.......
Lol .... do I detect just a hint ...... maybe a slight misting of sarcasm? Hehe .... sorry but I like that kind of humour.

Regards
BM
Old 11-14-2013, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

To me, arguing about it is moot. It should be about having fun and healthy competition. We need to leave all the political BS out of it. It has been the politics over the years that has lead to the forum fights, detracting from the class as a whole. Lets try to heal the wounds and try to work on making this the most fun and competitive class that ROAR has to offer.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

I agree there ....
Time to move on ....

BM
Old 11-14-2013, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JLock
To me, arguing about it is moot. It should be about having fun and healthy competition. We need to leave all the political BS out of it. It has been the politics over the years that has lead to the forum fights, detracting from the class as a whole. Lets try to heal the wounds and try to work on making this the most fun and competitive class that ROAR has to offer.
I agree.

As I have stated before (I'm sure someone will quote my post) I RESPECT ROAR.

My position is as follows, ROAR has had 3+years to announce, promote, develope and finalize Rules.

If these are the ROAR RULES, GREAT!!
Lets all just follow them and move foward. So we can all race!!

The uncertainty or (TBA) SECTIONS, AGAIN leaves the GT CLASS in limbo. Or again up to each event to enforce or not enforce certain rules.

As also stated IGT8F will countinue just as ROAR has.
There is no reason for two organization NOT to exist, for the better good.

The racers that attend their chosen events are what empower and fuel that organization.

I apologize, but put yourself in my position. I contacted ROAR Officials, various influencing individuals and companies through out a span of a year with my purposed IGT8F organization. I had no objections or at time no support. I launch my organization and in less than a months time ROAR announces Official Rules.
Sorry if I seem a bit agitated about the time frame. Especially when they have had 3+ yrs and even the purposed Exhibition Gt Class was not implemented at last years National as announced.

I have moved past all that, so again if these are Official ROAR RULES....AWESOME!!

Just don't leave us (your members and GT racers) waiting on the back burner for clear Official Rules.... again.

I am a Racer first before all else, so believe me the sooner the uncertainty and or (TBA) is concluded. The sooner we can all gear up to RACE.

If "WE" ALL don't push for this, what GOOD was announcing Rules in the first place.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:03 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Grenade10
I'm not sure on the RB, but the Kappo is based on the on road engine with a different head. I have two, like them but will run something else in the ROAR class. Probably the same engine as the IGT8F spec class, with a 6mm restrictor. I'll run the Kappo in the IGT8F open class.
So help me out here guys...Im on the market for a good motor for the open class since I have 2 cars to run, SPEC & OPEN, my open is a fullly modded Kyosho GT1 short chassis...did all the upgrades including full CVD's new 2 speed etc...car is bullit proof, so now since ROAR has made the decision to go Buggy based Off road motors, I really want to have a motor that can run in both series with out prejudice...Will a NOVARROSI BONITO do the job as far as higher rpm top speed on the staights...I was about to buy a dedicated onroad motor but the ROAR RULES are in and we have to accept them and move on and get the cars correct...
Old 11-14-2013, 09:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Yb2fast
So help me out here guys...Im on the market for a good motor for the open class since I have 2 cars to run, SPEC & OPEN, my open is a fullly modded Kyosho GT1 short chassis...did all the upgrades including full CVD's new 2 speed etc...car is bullit proof, so now since ROAR has made the decision to go Buggy based Off road motors, I really want to have a motor that can run in both series with out prejudice...Will a NOVARROSI BONITO do the job as far as higher rpm top speed on the staights...I was about to buy a dedicated onroad motor but the ROAR RULES are in and we have to accept them and move on and get the cars correct...
I'm personally going to be running the Novarossi ROMA (.25). Good balance between power and fuel consumption. You could run it in ROAR and IGT8F races. One thing I've learned the hard way is the bigger badder faster engine isn't always the winner. Those who are making fewer pit stops stay on the track longer.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RoketRdr
I'm personally going to be running the Novarossi ROMA (.25). Good balance between power and fuel consumption. You could run it in ROAR and IGT8F races. One thing I've learned the hard way is the bigger badder faster engine isn't always the winner. Those who are making fewer pit stops stay on the track longer.
I love the Roma but it is not legal under ROAR RULES... : ( Read again rule #.1

1. Engine: SEE 9.3 of ROAR~ any buggy engine of .21 size or ready to run kit with a factory .25 or .28 (must keep pull start on .25 and .28 if ready to run came with it.) No engine modifications may be made to any engine.

MEANING IF IT IS A .25 IT HAS TO BE A RTR MOTOR WITH PULL START !!

Sooooo...you have to have a .21... back to the BONITO Question yall ??
Old 11-14-2013, 10:33 AM
Tech Regular

I love the Roma but it is not legal under ROAR RULES... : ( Read again rule #.1

1. Engine: SEE 9.3 of ROAR~ any buggy engine of .21 size or ready to run kit with a factory .25 or .28 (must keep pull start on .25 and .28 if ready to run came with it.) No engine modifications may be made to any engine.

MEANING IF IT IS A .25 IT HAS TO BE A RTR MOTOR WITH PULL START !!

Sooooo...you have to have a .21... back to the BONITO Question yall ??
Oops OS Speed or BONITO. Although the Novarossi PLUS.21-4 BTT/WC looks like a good choice as well. After what I saw the REDS R5 do a couple of weekends ago I'm definitely sold on that one as well.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RoketRdr
Oops OS Speed or BONITO. Although the Novarossi PLUS.21-4 BTT/WC looks like a good choice as well. After what I saw the REDS R5 do a couple of weekends ago I'm definitely sold on that one as well.

VERY TRUE...IS THE REDS PKG $300 WITH PIPE ?? THATS A GREAT DEAL !
Old 11-14-2013, 10:46 AM
Tech Regular

VERY TRUE...IS THE REDS PKG $300 WITH PIPE ?? THATS A GREAT DEAL !
Yes it comes with pipe and manifold. You can thank Tony for the cost reduction on that one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.