Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR GT Rules

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 05:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
Take a look over most of RCTECH and see where ROAR executives ever communicate via this forum in an official capacity. I would be surprised on ROAR emailing you unless you communicate with them first. All the emails are available on their website and they do respond. I would not be so quick to assume this was done with any intention of time frames with your organization.
Originally Posted by dlarry
I do not post much here on RC Tech when a lot of people hide behind screen names. To many Internet Keyboard tough guys. That is why when I post it is usually about race information.

If you read the new GT8 rules this was the first thing posted:

With the growing popularity of the GT8 class and at the request of our members we have decided on a rules package for this class. ROAR will monitor how this rules package is working and will make adjustments as needed.

This is not a perfect world and I am sure everyone posting here is a National Champion and knows everything about RC Cars.

We are going to be making a few adjustments to the rules in a very short time.

What most of you do not understand is most of the Excomm members also have real jobs. Their sole purpose is not to monitor RC Tech. We try and use the ROAR forums as the main means of communication.

Feel free to reply in the ROAR forums. Or email me at [email protected]
There you go guys, hell just froze over. Now take advantage of it over on the ROAR forums.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dlarry
I do not post much here on RC Tech when a lot of people hide behind screen names. To many Internet Keyboard tough guys. That is why when I post it is usually about race information.

If you read the new GT8 rules this was the first thing posted:

With the growing popularity of the GT8 class and at the request of our members we have decided on a rules package for this class. ROAR will monitor how this rules package is working and will make adjustments as needed.

This is not a perfect world and I am sure everyone posting here is a National Champion and knows everything about RC Cars.

We are going to be making a few adjustments to the rules in a very short time.

What most of you do not understand is most of the Excomm members also have real jobs. Their sole purpose is not to monitor RC Tech. We try and use the ROAR forums as the main means of communication.

Feel free to reply in the ROAR forums. Or email me at [email protected]
Great news......... & thanks for replying here on rctech, Most of us are very happy.

........ ...

We GT Racers see "ROARS" vision and support it

Think someone said that once about GT racing & it's worth repeating

Last edited by *1speedy; 11-05-2013 at 10:33 PM.
Old 11-06-2013, 04:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by *1speedy
Great news......... & thanks for replying here on rctech, Most of us are very happy.

........ ...

We GT Racers see "ROARS" vision and support it

Think someone said that once about GT racing & it's worth repeating

I really hope your right!
I and others I know have serious doubts, but we'll see.

Don't get too enthused about rules being adjusted. All rules get adjusted.

Does seam odd though they took many years to come out with these rules..... then IGT8F was formed and bang, here are the ROAR rules...... which by the way were incomplete when you look at them. (Lots of TBA)

Then within a few days. They need "adjusting" ......

All seams very last minute, panik rush before another organization gets a foothold... to me.

But still ..... I hope you are right 1speedy

Regards
BM
Old 11-07-2013, 10:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sure didn't seem like last minute to me when we have been after them for years to do this. It's good to see we will be included in events for next season. Give them a chance to work out the bugs in the rules and just be glad we are now a roar recognized class.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Your right in what you say 1spooky. I have not been around the GT8's for that long unlike most of you.
It's long overdue in what they are doing... really.

They could have had rules that needed tweeking 3 yrs agon then maybe by now we would have a "good" set of rules in place.
Instead ... in my eyes. It was due to IGT8F being formed and waking the "Desk men" up at ROAR into doing something. Result? .... we have these "half- as*&d rules we see from them now. Rules? ... yes. A start? ... yes, sure.

Even then .... with so many having ran these cars for 3 + years.... some I know alot longer they were unable to even get some rules finalized to tweek.
A little difficult to tweek, "TBA!!"

Many could have had input on these rules, and we would have more to work with then TBA. Instead it was just taken upon themselves to get "Some sort of rules out there to start...."

They could have so easily have adopted the IGT8F rules then tweeked away.
So sad really.

But as I said ... I do agree with what your saying 1spooky.

Regards
BM
Old 11-09-2013, 09:47 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by British Menace
Your right in what you say 1spooky. I have not been around the GT8's for that long unlike most of you.
It's long overdue in what they are doing... really.

They could have had rules that needed tweeking 3 yrs agon then maybe by now we would have a "good" set of rules in place.
Instead ... in my eyes. It was due to IGT8F being formed and waking the "Desk men" up at ROAR into doing something. Result? .... we have these "half- as*&d rules we see from them now. Rules? ... yes. A start? ... yes, sure.

Even then .... with so many having ran these cars for 3 + years.... some I know alot longer they were unable to even get some rules finalized to tweek.
A little difficult to tweek, "TBA!!"

Many could have had input on these rules, and we would have more to work with then TBA. Instead it was just taken upon themselves to get "Some sort of rules out there to start...."

They could have so easily have adopted the IGT8F rules then tweeked away.
So sad really.

But as I said ... I do agree with what your saying 1spooky.

Regards
BM
Im sure ROAR had no action taken because of IGT8F... Think that all you want but ultimately ROAR is the governing body. With that in mind take into consideration how many times new classes show up and in a year or two poof disappear. Obviously if ROAR was to jump in and create rules for these one to two year classes we would have a mess come nationals and so on.

The GT class had to prove it was going to be around. Had to prove we were going to put in the leg work. Had to prove we were going to continue to grow and become a legit class. Luckily Serpent came into the picture and really set the example for ROAR. Serpent brought in Top level drivers and developed a dominant presence through developing the best car. With one of the big three companies of On Road racing into the picture the class stood out even more.

We have done it as a community. Without every effort put forth we would still be just a "fun" class when traveling to larger events. Now we are legit and the governing body recognizes that. Let the rules iron themselves out over time and this will continue to be an amazing class no doubt.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hmm

Originally Posted by TerribleTy
Im sure ROAR had no action taken because of IGT8F... Think that all you want but ultimately ROAR is the governing body. With that in mind take into consideration how many times new classes show up and in a year or two poof disappear. Obviously if ROAR was to jump in and create rules for these one to two year classes we would have a mess come nationals and so on.

The GT class had to prove it was going to be around. Had to prove we were going to put in the leg work. Had to prove we were going to continue to grow and become a legit class. Luckily Serpent came into the picture and really set the example for ROAR. Serpent brought in Top level drivers and developed a dominant presence through developing the best car. With one of the big three companies of On Road racing into the picture the class stood out even more.

We have done it as a community. Without every effort put forth we would still be just a "fun" class when traveling to larger events. Now we are legit and the governing body recognizes that. Let the rules iron themselves out over time and this will continue to be an amazing class no doubt.
I can't see that argument holding water, that GT had to "prove it was going to be around." To my knowlege, it's been around for quite some time and is thriving.

It doesn't cost ROAR anything to post rules. This is not like 30 years ago, when I got mail from ROAR on a monthly basis, or when I first joined in '78 and got a rather large packet in the mail with the rule book included. Today, the rules are posted via the internet, so the cost of promulgating anything is just about zero.

I wonder myself if it wasn't in response to another organization trying to lend some ruling capacity to a loosely organized bunch. Hardly matters whether it was that or just long overdue, the point is that it has finally been done. I understand the guys at ROAR have real jobs and that sometimes their duties (which some volunteer for and some actually pursue) take 2nd place to things going on in their families and jobs. I also understand that sometimes a position in ROAR is thankless; rare are the credits and often is the blame.

However, I suspect the vocal outpouring by some is because they feel they have been either neglected or ignored. A little understanding and patience would work a lot better than sarcasm directed toward the members who wouldn't be so vocal if they didn't have such a large interest, personal and financial, in this hobby.

Here's to hoping the members will work with the system in a positive manner, and here's to hoping the ROAR directors will respond by listening with respect to the members who pay dues and deserve an organization that meets their needs.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

with those very true and well chosen words said.....
I wish all in GT a happy future.
First and foremost of any race is to abide by and ensue your car comply,s with which and whatever rules and reg's are posted for that race.

Either way, we, as racers, need to respect the rule makers and support the sport and the class we decide to pursue.
Respect and consideration to our fellow enthusiast's ....

For all GT racer's, this now marks the turning point and the start of GT racing as a respected and serious class in the RC world.

Lets go race and have fun.
See you at the track

Regards,
Bm
Old 11-09-2013, 04:26 PM
Tech Regular

MY ONLY GRIPE WITH THE RULES ARE BUGGY MOTORS ONLY (OFFROAD) AND 6MM VENTURI ....THATS LIKE BREATHING THROUGH A RATS ASS...WOW...BUT I AM SURE THAT WILL BE REVISED....
BUT IT IS STILL GREAT NEWS THAT GT8 IS PART OF ROAR FINALLY : )
Old 11-09-2013, 05:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I know I am late to this party but does it really matter that roar makes any rules for this class. It seems to me that everytime someone makes rules for this class, its never good enough. Afew years back for the midwest series and for the great lakes challenge we came up with simple and easy rules, and people bitched about those rules until we said fine, whatever you want. We had a motor rule, people complained and called it stupid, then people suggested open motors with the 6mm carb restrictor, they said that would be a perfect option so that you could use any motor you want and it wont make a differenc. Now that Roar has stepped into the arena like people asked them to do and they are talking about the carb restrictors, people are bitching about that. Therefore what is the point of having rules if everyone complains about the rule set until they get their way.
Now, I am not saying that some things can be amended such as the liscensed body rule, because no one makes licsensed bodie in both the gt1 and gt2 wheel bases, except Kyosho and they are sometimes hard to come by, but the fact is you might as well just let every track who is having an event make their own rules for this class becvause no one is ever happy and they complain until they get their own way anyhow. I am sorry if I seem negative, but I have fought with people over rules for the last few years and I am getting tired of it, sometimes I dont know if I even want to participate in the class anymore, I have all winter to decide if I am going to continue with this class anymore.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrod
I am sorry if I seem negative, but I have fought with people over rules for the last few years and I am getting tired of it, sometimes I dont know if I even want to participate in the class anymore, I have all winter to decide if I am going to continue with this class anymore.
agreed
Old 11-10-2013, 03:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

So let me go this route! Lol. Roar rules don't change what .21 off road people gunna be going with? Ima say with no price limit os speed will be the most widely used like AT&T he on road nats. I will not be running one of them due to there price tag. Ima $300 and under price tag guy. I just went with a picco boost .28 and it f'n flys!!! That being said I'd lean towards a boost 21 or a reds! That to think about when making off season purchases.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1966ss
So let me go this route! Lol. Roar rules don't change what .21 off road people gunna be going with? Ima say with no price limit os speed will be the most widely used like AT&T he on road nats. I will not be running one of them due to there price tag. Ima $300 and under price tag guy. I just went with a picco boost .28 and it f'n flys!!! That being said I'd lean towards a boost 21 or a reds! That to think about when making off season purchases.
Off Road choices for GT are fairly clear(at least for me). The Bonito 7 port and Keep off 7 port are IMO the cream of the crop because of the grunt and high rpm's needed. Never had a OS Speed keep up to my Bonito in a GT car but still a good choice. The Bonito is a 350 right now and may be a little cheaper before summer comes

As for .28 are concerned the Nova Plus .28 5T is 199.99 and a very good engine and the Nova Plus .28 7T is basically an untamable animal and is 289.99 also the RB V12 Blast is getting a lot of hype lately for big power at a really great price. http://www.clockworkracingengines.co...01013-blastv12

Saw 2 reds off road engines run at Port Jervis last summer and they both had catastrophic failures with less then a gallon of fuel so that's not a good sign... Maybe a bad run who knows... I would be careful

Lots of really good 5 ports available including the new Hudy FX engine and many others

Absolute Hobbyz has the largest selection that I know of by far take a look.

Happy Hunting

http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/index.php?cPath=12_48

Last edited by *1speedy; 11-10-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Overall....I am very welcome about the ROAR rule. It is about time for them to draw up the rule for US and have the event organizer to adopt, or use with some modification.

Why we need kick up........? Because that is GT suppose to be. GT suppose to be whole bunch of nitro buggy strapped on some on road tires and on road body and run with pull start engine. THAT IS GT..........(I am currently running the DM1 spec and I don't see my car has any advantage but I do agreed if there is a chassis that I can use with kick up, I will get it work within the rule..)

Why only buggy engine...? Because that is GT suppose to be...back then, suppose to be the PULL START RTR engine...back then, don't even have 2-speed gear box. Also, Buggy engine are cheaper...more affordable.

The only problem I have with the general GT rules (not ROAR) are the open engine idea.......especially allowing those high end ON ROAD engine using on these ON ROAD WANNABE GT car and go fast. Getting these GT car running the same lap time as 200mm TC is just STUPID...they never will and they never need to...........simple go run 200mm TC and it will be accomplished without spending crazy money on chassis and engine.

I heard some ppl saying they want their GT to run as fast as the 200mm TC....that is almost impossible unless he is comparing some slow 200mm TC driver vs the fastest GT they can ever do.

If speed is what they want to follow...go run 1/8th on road. And buy the high end engine and at least use it on the right chassis.

I do have a concern about the ROAR GT body rule...it is almost impossible to buy any licensed short form GT body now....I wish I can still get the Kyosho 350Z or the Aston Martin, a beated up, used, and dirty one might still cost about $50 on the bay....
Old 11-12-2013, 04:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Solara
Overall....I am very welcome about the ROAR rule. It is about time for them to draw up the rule for US and have the event organizer to adopt, or use with some modification.

Why we need kick up........? Because that is GT suppose to be. GT suppose to be whole bunch of nitro buggy strapped on some on road tires and on road body and run with pull start engine. THAT IS GT..........(I am currently running the DM1 spec and I don't see my car has any advantage but I do agreed if there is a chassis that I can use with kick up, I will get it work within the rule..)

Why only buggy engine...? Because that is GT suppose to be...back then, suppose to be the PULL START RTR engine...back then, don't even have 2-speed gear box. Also, Buggy engine are cheaper...more affordable.

The only problem I have with the general GT rules (not ROAR) are the open engine idea.......especially allowing those high end ON ROAD engine using on these ON ROAD WANNABE GT car and go fast. Getting these GT car running the same lap time as 200mm TC is just STUPID...they never will and they never need to...........simple go run 200mm TC and it will be accomplished without spending crazy money on chassis and engine.

I heard some ppl saying they want their GT to run as fast as the 200mm TC....that is almost impossible unless he is comparing some slow 200mm TC driver vs the fastest GT they can ever do.

If speed is what they want to follow...go run 1/8th on road. And buy the high end engine and at least use it on the right chassis.

I do have a concern about the ROAR GT body rule...it is almost impossible to buy any licensed short form GT body now....I wish I can still get the Kyosho 350Z or the Aston Martin, a beated up, used, and dirty one might still cost about $50 on the bay....
I agree 100%

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.