Mugen MTX-3

Old 12-28-2004, 07:59 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
The rims look similar to the Enetti Serpent foams so if they're similar then they're awesomely strong and lots of grip.
Corrections Onkel Sow... Not Enneti tires. Ellegi.
Old 12-28-2004, 08:00 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Canuck
Last year, a guy at the track had them on a Serpent 710 and was very pleased with the compound.
Are you sure that they are not the new Ellegi tires by any chance on the 710?
Old 12-28-2004, 12:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

how is the wear on the twisters?
Old 12-28-2004, 12:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by InitialD
Are you sure that they are not the new Ellegi tires by any chance on the 710?
Initial....they look exactly like the Ellegi. In fact Twister was out with that design before the Ellegi.

Smracer...The wear is good. I've ran 35's in a 30 main without any problems. But the wear does depend alot on the track and to some degree your driving style.

At the price it goes for it wouldn't be a big deal to try a set.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I had a question about droop. I have always ran my car with the same droop in the rear of my car. I was talking with a very well known driver last week and he said that putting less droop in the rear of the car would give it more traction in the rear. In electric I always found it to be the other way around, less traction. What does everyone else think in this subject?
Old 12-28-2004, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by THE DOCTOR
I had a question about droop. I have always ran my car with the same droop in the rear of my car. I was talking with a very well known driver last week and he said that putting less droop in the rear of the car would give it more traction in the rear. In electric I always found it to be the other way around, less traction. What does everyone else think in this subject?
I tend to agree with you. the way I look at it, more droop in the rear allows the rear to lift more when braking so more traction when braking.
Old 12-28-2004, 05:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by THE DOCTOR
Could it have been how he was referencing more/less? Maybe less for him if you're reading the droop guage. That means going from +10 to 0 which in fact is adding more droop.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:36 PM
Tech Champion

I use rear droop ( about 2mm of "play" in shock shaft before rear tires lift off the ground).
Old 12-29-2004, 01:42 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by JustRace
Initial....they look exactly like the Ellegi. In fact Twister was out with that design before the Ellegi.
Justrace, I may be wrong but I thought Ellegi had theirs first... Look on the kit box of the 710. Those flourescent yellow Ellegi tires were already there but they were not for sale after nearly a year later when the 710 was announced.

But one thing that Twister got their tires out faster on the market than Ellegi though...
Old 12-29-2004, 01:45 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
I tend to agree with you. the way I look at it, more droop in the rear allows the rear to lift more when braking so more traction when braking.
When the rear lifts when there is more rear droop, more weight from the rear transfers to the front . When that happens, the rear end will loose traction.

On a high bite and smooth track, you want to use as little droop as possible (i.e. bigger numbers on the droop gauge). On low bite and bumpy tracks, it would be the opposite. Lots of droop makes the car lazy in the chincanes and direction changes.
Old 12-29-2004, 03:34 AM
Tech Champion

When the rear lifts when there is more rear droop, more weight from the rear transfers to the front . When that happens, the rear end will loose traction.

On a high bite and smooth track, you want to use as little droop as possible (i.e. bigger numbers on the droop gauge). On low bite and bumpy tracks, it would be the opposite. Lots of droop makes the car lazy in the chincanes and direction changes.
How about NO droop at the front? So the weight transfer is very very small ?
Old 12-29-2004, 04:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Well it is winter time here now so I can't try it out on the car. Just wanted to know how other people set-up thier cars. Thanks
Old 12-29-2004, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

Yes you're right but you're talking extremes. My statement assumes the usual things one is supposed to do ... good starting set-up, small adjustments etc. etc. and I was replying in the context he was asking.
Old 12-29-2004, 07:44 AM
Tech Regular

Justrace, I may be wrong but I thought Ellegi had theirs first... Look on the kit box of the 710. Those flourescent yellow Ellegi tires were already there but they were not for sale after nearly a year later when the 710 was announced.

But one thing that Twister got their tires out faster on the market than Ellegi though...
Initial...you're right. The picture was on the 710 box but Twister got it out first.
Old 12-30-2004, 01:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Have a ? for those of you that have probably been running the mtx-3 longer than i have.
I was at Revelation this last weekend and traction was insane. I was having a serious problem with traction rolling. here was my setup.
droop 1-f 5-r
ride height 3mm
tires 45-f trued to 61mm, 42-r trued to 61mm
springs blue f/r
front toe .5-out
rear toe 2-in
caster 2mm
camber 2 deg all around
ack block-B
rear blocks-b/b
rear roll center 1mm
shock oil 600
pistons stock
front blade (I)
rear blade(-)
16/19 conversion
body protoform stratus
gearing(.8) 1-22/59, 2-29/52
the traction rolling was so bad that i could make the car roll over in any corner of the track. my first move was to put pink(2.0) springs on the front. no joy. next i lowered the rear roll center to .5mm. still no luck. what i ended up doing to finally cure the problem was to true the tires to 58mm. is there any way I could have solved the problem without cutting pretty much all of the foam off a brand new set of tires? I ran the same starting setup at vegas and had no problems whatsoever. I plan to go back to revs but i dont want to chase a setup all day and end up in a lousy main because i couldnt find the sweet spot or at least somewhere so i can at least get the car around the track. thanks in advance for the help.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.