Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 09:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

I can't say that I have really broken alot of parts on my mtx-3. I have just pulled a couple knuckles through the pillow balls.
Hop ups
I have an aluminum center brace, and an aluminum top brace and aluminum pully holder. The only reason I have these is to keep the flex down. I can't see why you would need all of that other stuff out besides that it looks good.

there are somethings that come from mugen that are pretty good. But if you have the prospect you aready have them.
Old 09-25-2004, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up The ultimate hop-up

we all know that hops ups will improve the quality of the car but what are the hops up that really matter for mtx 3?
Driving Skills !! he ultimate hop-up that money can not get you ! haha
Old 09-27-2004, 02:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: The ultimate hop-up

Originally posted by Profoxcg
Driving Skills !! he ultimate hop-up that money can not get you ! haha
so to speak in the first 3 months i'm havin the mtx3 , my race results improve..

3 races with the mtx i've qualified in the # A main.

before this only able to get in the b main.

but i'm still not the ace driver ... yet
Old 09-27-2004, 09:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default help needed with diff's

hi all, found this place only today !! wish i noticed it before lol..

anyway now i need you mtx3 experts help please...

i am building the kit and noticed that there is somesort of confusion with the front differentialls, when building i followed the instructions as best i could . but now i notice when i got to the rear diff's i used the pieces inside the diff(cogs,pins,o-rings) for the front diff, but i have used the one way bearing ion the front so i think i dont need it ? am i right in thinking they give you an option to use the normal diff's, or use the oneway bearing. and ive gone and built the front diff for no reason ???

pease can someone clear this up for me . i am in the middle of the build with bits every where... lol
thanks
Sonik.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

yep you get the case but no gears etc for it
Old 09-27-2004, 10:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

thanks for the reply cartman.. i was hoping you werent gonna say that lol.. so i have to take it all apart, diff oil aswell ?

ps, what should i go for ? the oneway bearing in the front, or the normal diff in the front ? . what is better ?

cheers
sonik

Last edited by sonik; 09-27-2004 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:58 AM
Tech Adept

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=51329
Old 09-27-2004, 01:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by sonik
thanks for the reply cartman.. i was hoping you werent gonna say that lol.. so i have to take it all apart, diff oil aswell ?

ps, what should i go for ? the oneway bearing in the front, or the normal diff in the front ? . what is better ?

cheers
sonik
Oneway is good for bigger tracks where you don't need to brake a lot or hard.

normal diff is good for smaller tracks where you use a lot of brake and brake hard.

some people will use the normal diff and use 100,000 or 120,000 diff oil to make it feel like a one way even though its a normal diff. It all depends on what you like.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Default MTX3 PROSPEC

Hi Mugen Experts.

I'm intending to get a new MTX3 Prospec and would like to know more about the car.

I believe it's a reliable and fast car but what else should i be prepared for? Are there any cons or disadvantages compared to other cars i.e. R40s or G4s. Which are some of the common issues faced. i.e. 2speed problems, cumbersome replacement of belts, weak upper deck, etc. Understand the sensitivities here, so you can PM me if necessary. Also, upon buying the prospec are there any upgrades required to further improve the car's performance?

Really appreciate your feedback on the car in advance as i'm planning to get it real soon....like TODAY!

Cheers guys.
Old 09-28-2004, 04:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by alucard13

some people will use the normal diff and use 100,000 or 120,000 diff oil to make it feel like a one way even though its a normal diff.
so that would be like a spool (solid axle ) and not a one way then eh!!
also a nesesity for rubbere tyres a front diff.
Old 09-28-2004, 05:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

MTX3 PROSPEC
I think you will be happy with the car. I have had for a while and have raced it very successfuly. There is really nothing wrong with the car that I can see. And, - you dont need any hopups.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

thanks for the advice alucard13. i'll give it a try with the one way and see how it feels . i still have to get the electrics and engine for it
i have a trinity reflex nt with a wasp(team orion) 1.2 turbo, and if the mtx3 handles like the reflex, i think i will like it
Old 09-28-2004, 08:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

so that would be like a spool (solid axle ) and not a one way then eh!! also a nesesity for rubbere tyres a front diff.
so you mean with rubber tyres you need a one way bearing ?
Old 09-28-2004, 10:31 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: MTX3 PROSPEC

Originally posted by straightsixers
Hi Mugen Experts.

I'm intending to get a new MTX3 Prospec and would like to know more about the car.

I believe it's a reliable and fast car but what else should i be prepared for? Are there any cons or disadvantages compared to other cars i.e. R40s or G4s. Which are some of the common issues faced. i.e. 2speed problems, cumbersome replacement of belts, weak upper deck, etc. Understand the sensitivities here, so you can PM me if necessary. Also, upon buying the prospec are there any upgrades required to further improve the car's performance?

Really appreciate your feedback on the car in advance as i'm planning to get it real soon....like TODAY!

Cheers guys.
I think you will be very happy with the MTX-3. I am no a very "good driver" at all and I have yet to break anything on my car. It is super tough! The only thing I wish it had was front and rear belt tensioners. I seem to go through those belts faster than the side belt. It's not really a big deal though. I'm definetly not going to get rid of it because of that.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by sonik
so you mean with rubber tyres you need a one way bearing ?
not a diff up front for rubber

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.