Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 09:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Prtoform

Originally posted by Slotmachine
Protoform says they have no intention of making this into a 200mm shell, I think we should start a patition to convince them to!
I disagree. The last thing we need is more 4 door bodies. What is it with 200mm guys and their obsession with taxi cab bodies? It's the same with 1/8 scale on-road guys and their beloved Lola's.
Old 06-24-2004, 10:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Prtoform

Originally posted by Ed Delgado
I disagree. The last thing we need is more 4 door bodies. What is it with 200mm guys and their obsession with taxi cab bodies? It's the same with 1/8 scale on-road guys and their beloved Lola's.
Sedan racers use sedan bodys! Not Ferrari, or Porsche they are not sedans! I do like Ferrari bodys, only when you are talking F1.M. Schui is the man with the skills!!!!!!!!
Old 06-24-2004, 11:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by vadn1
Afm,
I dont understand how you guys in Europe can run Rubber tires with the Mtx-3. I had some Ellegis 26mm rubbers front and rear, and the car was very difficult to drive, changed over to foam and what a difference. BTW, why use rubber and not foam.....?
Just check out an English weather forecast sometime.
. . also rubbers are specified in their rules.
Old 06-25-2004, 05:05 AM
afm
Tech Master

Originally posted by vadn1
Afm,
I dont understand how you guys in Europe can run Rubber tires with the Mtx-3. I had some Ellegis 26mm rubbers front and rear, and the car was very difficult to drive, changed over to foam and what a difference. BTW, why use rubber and not foam.....?
I'm in Peru, South America BTW, but anyway, the reason we run a Rubber class is because it is a cost spec controlled class. And how did we got to it, is because our track, being a semi permanent track, doesn't have the conditions to run foams, it is dusty and very abrasive asphalt. Also weather down here doesn't help.
We tried every possible combination on foams and they don't work. Only rubbers do, and we have a deal with PMT from Italy, which makes up special compounds for our appication, and they work fine and last longer. It is a question of setting the car properly and it is an equal factor for everybody, we have to work on other things to get the edge, we have very closed competition, and you have to be a better driver to win.

AFM
Old 06-25-2004, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Anyone try running their car narrow, say in the 194mm range? What did you think?
Old 06-25-2004, 12:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I've run the rear about 198 and the car wouldn't handle. Spin out in every turn
Old 06-25-2004, 12:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Narrow

Originally posted by raffaelli
Anyone try running their car narrow, say in the 194mm range? What did you think?
If you run the front of the car narrow, you will get more steering.A narrower car is suposed to be faster in the corner just less stable. Thats why the oval guys went to the narrow super speedway cars.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

I am going to give it a try on a very tight track this weekend. I was thinking the car would be nervous.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: RUBBER TIRE SETTINGS

Originally posted by afm
Just bought myself a MTX3 Pro-Spec, and passed to retirement my good old Yokomo GT4.
Now I need help from my new Mugen forum friends, specially from British drivers running the rubber class.
Need some basic settings for the MTX3 on rubber tires, or a web site in England where to get settings........anybody????

AFM
here is my set up etc im 5th in uk and just came 2nd in a national on rubber in the UK still mugen at mo

setup
Old 06-25-2004, 12:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Just check out an English weather forecast sometime.
. . also rubbers are specified in their rules.
not true we have 2 championships

1/ rubber and efra syle rules (they used most of ours!!)
2/ open 25% nitro, foam and lola with 5 port engines
over 80 dif racers in each class

Last edited by Cartman; 06-25-2004 at 01:03 PM.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

our wet england!! yes we race and i got second in the A
bottom pic orange car was the winner
re rubber series http://www.brcascalerubber.org.uk/ click 2004 season for my race reports!
foam here http://www.tenthic.com/

Last edited by Cartman; 06-25-2004 at 01:05 PM.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

AWESOME!!!!!!!!
Old 06-25-2004, 02:00 PM
Tech Master

Hey Cartman, you guys are running rubber with threads when it rains?

Originally posted by Cartman
our wet england!! yes we race and i got second in the A
bottom pic orange car was the winner
re rubber series http://www.brcascalerubber.org.uk/ click 2004 season for my race reports!
foam here http://www.tenthic.com/

Old 06-25-2004, 02:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anybody have a spring chart for the mtx-3 ? why is the dark blue and grey springs the same rate?
thanks
Old 06-25-2004, 02:38 PM
Tech Addict

Default COOL.....

The rain pics are GREAT.....I used to Road-race motorcycles and rain was my favorite......don't know why, most people hated it...I just liked something different and sliding around in the wet was fun....

I've got a couple of questions for everyone to evaluate.......Just got some new parts that I've never tried and would like some opinions and well-thought-out answers. Here's a list of some parts I'm interested in learning about......Comments please...

Clutch Parts
1) Gray Clutch Shoe
2) Red Clutch Shoe
3) Light centrifugal Shoes
4) Super-Hard clutch spring

Question: I've been happy with the stock clutch setup.....It's FAR better than what I've had on the NTC3 last year.......I understand the theory behind a Centax clutch and love the system......What I want to know is......

What are the characteristics of the Red and Gray shoes relative to the stock black shoe?

Should I first try the Hard spring with or without the lighter centrifugal shoes? (Does the prospec come with both, or just the spring?) Can everyone comment on clutch setups that they've had positive experiences with (or negative)?

One more thing....another part of a different type...

Suspension
5) Dark Blue springs

I've heard people compare them to the gray's.....specifically, how are they different or how do they stack up against the other colors......I'm assuming they are stiffer than the stock light blue springs, but haven't got a spring dyno to find out specifics.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.