Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks initial,

btw, is it worth to rebuild my sirio .12?
Old 06-14-2004, 08:49 PM
Tech Prophet

To what extend is the Sirio damaged?
Old 06-14-2004, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

well,

the front bearing leaks now and then, the engine run too hot when its rich... while the engine was in the car with the pipe conected and glow plug, i was able to turn the fly wheel by appliying a little force.

however, if I turn my engine side ways, not that its off from the car and it hold it from the flywheel and let the compresion keep the engine from falling, it stays vertical... I am not sure if I am making sense... I can post a picture if you want... (keep in mind there is still a glow plug in there.

maybe i just need to get a new carb and bearing... ? (the card is way to big.. i hate it doesnt fit in the car)
Old 06-14-2004, 09:18 PM
Tech Prophet

I would not know if you can write the engine off based on your description. If the engine has AAC sleeve, I believe it will be easy to turn the flywheel even when you have the plug in.

I do not know which Sirio version you have. The EVO II seems to have taken care of the leaking carb problem. I think best would be to get an experienced tuner to check and tune your engine. If possible, try and get or borrow a Nova carb and put into the Sirio. That should eliminate the other variables.
Old 06-14-2004, 11:01 PM
Tech Regular

Default ATTENTION!

Hi guys! If any of you interested in a back up Mtx-3 check it out, thanx!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1
Old 06-15-2004, 12:15 AM
Tech Adept

I have just ordered a Mugen MTX3 Prospec, it has 08 module gearing. Big question is, can i use my Kyosho RR Evo pinions on this car, the Evo pinions are also 08 module???
Anyone?? Please help me.
Old 06-15-2004, 01:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Finken... Why would you want to use kyosho pinions on the Mugen??? Alot of cars use .08 gearing now, but that does not mean that there pinion gears and spur gears match... If you ordered the MTX3 Prospec, the gearing out the box is right on and you should not have to change to much after that except to have a few extra's gears on hand... Also the mounting of the gears are different.. What motor do you plan on running in the Prospec??? Great car, great purchase and good luck racing it...

RC_Alan
Old 06-15-2004, 01:20 AM
Tech Adept

Becouse i have like 20-25 pinions , new, for my RR Evo
Old 06-15-2004, 02:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Finken
I have just ordered a Mugen MTX3 Prospec, it has 08 module gearing. Big question is, can i use my Kyosho RR Evo pinions on this car, the Evo pinions are also 08 module???
You may be able to but there is a difference in diameters between the Mugen and Kyosho pinions. Also remember they pull some sort of fudge in order to be able to have different tooth counts on the same diameter pinion.

But forget all that . . .
We also have a Kyosho Evo but only a couple of weeks experience with the MTX-3.
From this short experience I'd say the Mugen pinions will be good for about ten race meets and we already know the Kyosho ones will last about ten minutes.
Old 06-15-2004, 09:49 AM
Tech Addict

If you ordered the MTX3 Prospec, the gearing out the box is right on and you should not have to change to much after that except to have a few extra's gears on hand
Sounds like you guys don't play around much with gearing or run on differing tracks frequently......My personal opinion is that having a wide selection of gearing is VERY important for any racing vehicle.....especially one where the tire-size changes like the foam tires we are racing on.....

It will work on ANY clutch gearing and on ANY cars that has the Centax clutch.
Clarification.....will work on Centax II clutches (HPI, MTX-2...etc).....will NOT work on Centax III's like the Serpent 710 (and maybe G4).
Old 06-15-2004, 11:16 AM
Tech Rookie

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
[B]You may be able to but there is a difference in diameters between the Mugen and Kyosho pinions. Also remember they pull some sort of fudge in order to be able to have different tooth counts on the same diameter pinion.

Yes this is true, there is also 2 other very important issues here.

1) the mesh on .8 is very fine this is basically how the manufactures were able to create .8m's, shrinking the teeth down in size allowed more teeth on the pinion... This results in a very fine mesh, that needs to be correct from go.

Also the shape of the teeth vary from one manufacture to the other. When such a fine mesh is required and if you mixed say mugen and Kyosho its possible they use different shape teeth and this will make setting the correct mesh very difficult.

Regards,
Neoracer.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:48 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Bivens
Sounds like you guys don't play around much with gearing or run on differing tracks frequently......My personal opinion is that having a wide selection of gearing is VERY important for any racing vehicle.....especially one where the tire-size changes like the foam tires we are racing on.....
Agreed. Different tire diameters alter tire rollout / top speed. Therefore, changing gears is the only other way to compensate for the loss of tire rollout especially in a long main.

Originally posted by Bivens
Clarification.....will work on Centax II clutches (HPI, MTX-2...etc).....will NOT work on Centax III's like the Serpent 710 (and maybe G4).
Are you saying that it will also not work on the newer 0.8 gearing of the MTX-3? I tried the tool on the Centax 3 and it worked fine.
Old 06-15-2004, 02:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Neg diff

Can anyone tell me if the MTX/2 Neg diff is the same as the MTX/3.
Thanks
Old 06-15-2004, 03:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Neg diff

Originally posted by Slotmachine
Can anyone tell me if the MTX/2 Neg diff is the same as the MTX/3.
Thanks
no there differant
Old 06-15-2004, 04:56 PM
Tech Adept

Default Need some info...Switching to MTX-3

Okay, I am getting ready to give up the NTC3 and get the MTX-3....

Goodbye SAE, Hello Metric....

What drivers do I need for the screws? What size is the nut for the wheels? I want to order my tools and allen drivers from the web before my car arrives.

Also what are the most common size and heads of screws? What should I have spares of?

Thanks!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.