Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2004, 09:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

What's up MCKrooz... Didn't see you at the track today... Team Mugen was there getting ready for the club race at Crystal park RC Raceway tomorrow/Sunday.. Mike Swauger, Robbie Collins, and Pepe were there along with Team Mugen.... Folks were calling Team OFNA and Team Associated to see if they were going to show up Sunday... Track was great in the afternoon but got alittle sloppy as the temps went down some... Sorry to post like this guys... Just passing along some info to a fellow club member... Oh, it's alway nice to be able to get Factory Team tips from Mugen Team drivers pitting right next to you... Mike and Robbie are always very helpful and represent Mugen and the Company very well!!! Oh, I put my G4 down... Kinda like putting down your favorite pet... For something just alittle bit better... MTX3...

RC_Alan
Old 05-15-2004, 09:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

rc_alan, couldn't make it out today. Had to move into my new apt. But I will be out early tomorrow for the race. This time my brother is going to give it a shot at racing. So I'll be pitman. You gonna be there? I'm glad you're happy with the MTX-3. Gonna be a HUGE turnout tomorrow. We got the EZ-Up if you wanna pit with us. See ya bud.
Old 05-15-2004, 09:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by mckrooz
rc_alan, couldn't make it out today. Had to move into my new apt. But I will be out early tomorrow for the race. This time my brother is going to give it a shot at racing.
you too ?! no rc for me two weeks in a row now......%$$#%%$^#

have fun tomorrow
Old 05-15-2004, 10:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

McKrooz.... I just broke in my NS3... Nice power up top but just ok off the line... You've seen my Rossi Pixy at the last race.. With the way the Mugen is geared... I was thinking of switching out the NS3 for the Rossi... Folks don't laugh... No one has a Rossi that sounds like mine nor has the power that mine does... I just hait to switch to something new right before a race...

RC_Alan
Old 05-15-2004, 10:39 PM
Tech Addict

What's up MCKrooz... Didn't see you at the track today... Team Mugen was there getting ready for the club race at Crystal park RC Raceway tomorrow/Sunday.. Mike Swauger, Robbie Collins, and Pepe were there along with Team Mugen.... Folks were calling Team OFNA and Team Associated to see if they were going to show up Sunday... Track was great in the afternoon but got alittle sloppy as the temps went down some... Sorry to post like this guys... Just passing along some info to a fellow club member... Oh, it's alway nice to be able to get Factory Team tips from Mugen Team drivers pitting right next to you... Mike and Robbie are always very helpful and represent Mugen and the Company very well!!! Oh, I put my G4 down... Kinda like putting down your favorite pet... For something just alittle bit better... MTX3...
See RC_Alan it's nice to get help from Team Mugen. Up here in Northern Cal we have Jonathan and Thello who are our Team Drivers. And from what Jonathan says (well this is a NO Brainer) Mike is "THA MAN"..... Was Mike breaking in NEW FX engines?? The car is easy to setup. You won't be chasing that much setup on MTX-3 just some minor adjustments. Good luck
Old 05-15-2004, 11:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by rc_alan
McKrooz.... I just broke in my NS3... Nice power up top but just ok off the line... You've seen my Rossi Pixy at the last race.. With the way the Mugen is geared... I was thinking of switching out the NS3 for the Rossi... Folks don't laugh... No one has a Rossi that sounds like mine nor has the power that mine does... I just hait to switch to something new right before a race...

RC_Alan
Keep the NS3 in. With all the Team Drivers there, it'll help on the straight. See ya manana.
Old 05-16-2004, 02:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rjl
I've been using the new zb rims from Kawahara, much stiffer rim with the same offset as fast.
Rob,
Are you saying your using 0 offset rims?
Old 05-16-2004, 05:57 AM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

No Gav, the zb rim has 1mm offset.
Old 05-16-2004, 06:30 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Data
you too ?! no rc for me two weeks in a row now......%$$#%%$^#

have fun tomorrow
Yup, we missed you and fish Mothers day weekend.
Old 05-16-2004, 06:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

what is this new fx engine 5 port or 3 port
Old 05-16-2004, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 3Racing

as far as cvd's and the handle that breaks the upper deck i see that those are problem parts, but what about the gear housings, aluminum pulleys, and wheel hexes, are there any 3racing parts that will hold up?
Old 05-16-2004, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by mckrooz
Yup, we missed you and fish Mothers day weekend.
Hey Mckrooz, do I know you? I am the one noramlly go to crystal park with Data and Fish on Saturday, I am the one running a red and white MRX3 and latey I have been running a blue body MTX3.
Old 05-16-2004, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: 3Racing

Originally posted by gentleman81
as far as cvd's and the handle that breaks the upper deck i see that those are problem parts, but what about the gear housings, aluminum pulleys, and wheel hexes, are there any 3racing parts that will hold up?
That is a good question! now I am not bashing about 3racing at all, there are a few parts that do hold up! for example, wheel hex and pulley adaptor, engine side brace, rear shock tower are good, I have them since day one and they are still on my ride.

as for the gear housing, 2nd speed is good but first speed it has some problem, the one way bearing keep moving outward and makes the 1st speed spur rubbing the 2nd, I have to hammer it back in once a while.

I guess I might be able to say the following statement: Non moving parts from 3 racing are acceptable. except the roll bar handle.
Old 05-16-2004, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by ilaybrk
what is this new fx engine 5 port or 3 port
New FX series has both 5 port and 3 port.
Old 05-16-2004, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

are 5 ports better than 3 ports?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.