Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 11:33 AM
Tech Addict

Hey Manti been out of town.... Just wanted to say thanks for all your help and Congrats on 10K
Old 04-12-2004, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

the x-12 iz extreamly fast i have it on my car and it halls
Old 04-12-2004, 05:12 PM
Q
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by roadrage
the x-12 iz extreamly fast i have it on my car and it halls
roadrage what did you have before the x-12. just wondering what you were comparing to.
Old 04-12-2004, 05:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey guys , are the stock dogbones front/rear all the same length, when i put them in i forgot to see if they were different the manual says they are the same number but i heard different.
thanks
Old 04-12-2004, 05:52 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by Johnnytc3
hey guys , are the stock dogbones front/rear all the same length, when i put them in i forgot to see if they were different the manual says they are the same number but i heard different.
thanks
they are the same for mine
Old 04-12-2004, 06:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thanks B, a friend of mine said the rears were a tad shorter, but i guess not , thanks again.
johnny
Old 04-12-2004, 06:59 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

thanks B, a friend of mine said the rears were a tad shorter, but i guess not , thanks again.
johnny
no problemo
Old 04-12-2004, 09:35 PM
Tech Adept

will a pull start .12 fit in an mtx3
I will have to disagree with everyone who said you can't put a pull-start in an MTX-3 because you CAN! There are about 6 or 7 cars at my home track that have this modification done and are still very competitive. Because I don't race my MTX-3 in Pull start I will find out on the exact parts u need. But from what I have seen you need:

- 2 extended pully shafts

-Mugen actually make a header to fit the side exauhst kit from what I've heard down at the track, but what most people do is just take the corner of the anti-roll bar holder off and use a normal 180 Deg header.

-The main modification it probably cutting the chassis so that the Pull-Start cover can fit on the car.

-The people down at the track have the Centax Clutch fitted on their pull start motors, I think that NEO makes this part not the whole clutch but just one part.

-They also just put the exauhst holder up on top of the radio tray.

I hope I named everything here I will try an get some pictures of these cars to illustrate what I am talking about.
Old 04-13-2004, 12:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by MTX-3 Kid
I will have to disagree with everyone who said you can't put a pull-start in an MTX-3 because you CAN! There are about 6 or 7 cars at my home track that have this modification done and are still very competitive. Because I don't race my MTX-3 in Pull start I will find out on the exact parts u need. But from what I have seen you need:

- 2 extended pully shafts

-Mugen actually make a header to fit the side exauhst kit from what I've heard down at the track, but what most people do is just take the corner of the anti-roll bar holder off and use a normal 180 Deg header.

-The main modification it probably cutting the chassis so that the Pull-Start cover can fit on the car.

-The people down at the track have the Centax Clutch fitted on their pull start motors, I think that NEO makes this part not the whole clutch but just one part.

-They also just put the exauhst holder up on top of the radio tray.

I hope I named everything here I will try an get some pictures of these cars to illustrate what I am talking about.
of course, with modifications, you can pretty much fit anything onto the car

just wondeirng why people go thru the troubles of hacking a chunk off the car to get a side exhaust onto a car that's designed for rear exhaust. is there a major performance advantage?
Old 04-13-2004, 01:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well there must be a preformance advantage. I also race at the same track as MTX3 KID. These guys that do run the mtx 3 pull start combo are always in the A mains, the cars are always stable on the track and are fast. I think that the people who convert these cars for pull start want a chassis of good design and quality. They are doing battle in a control class which we run. The other chassis raced in this class range from the old V One S, NTC3 and Hpi's etc. When you have a hp restriction on motors and a control rubber tyre on a permanent track, some people still want to race the best.

One advantage these people say they have is weight and low CG.
Anyway the list of goodies you need to convert to pull start is in the above post from MTX 3 KID. I know it seems a bit over the top. But who really cares as long as they are beating those shaft drive pieces of shit (NTC3). I really don't care.

That's my 2 cents worth

Old 04-13-2004, 03:26 AM
Tech Addict

johnny
If I remember right, when the car first came out, the dogbones were different lengths. I think the fronts were shorter than the rears (not positive though), but people started using the MTX-2 dogbones (they are longer than the MTX-3 bones) so they wouldn't pop out every time you turned the wheels. I do remember hearing Mugen made a "running change" with the MTX-3 bones, but not sure exactly what they did. Obviously, you have a newer kit.

Good Luck
Old 04-13-2004, 10:03 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by finchy
Well there must be a preformance advantage. I also race at the same track as MTX3 KID. These guys that do run the mtx 3 pull start combo are always in the A mains, the cars are always stable on the track and are fast. I think that the people who convert these cars for pull start want a chassis of good design and quality. They are doing battle in a control class which we run. The other chassis raced in this class range from the old V One S, NTC3 and Hpi's etc. When you have a hp restriction on motors and a control rubber tyre on a permanent track, some people still want to race the best.

One advantage these people say they have is weight and low CG.
Anyway the list of goodies you need to convert to pull start is in the above post from MTX 3 KID. I know it seems a bit over the top. But who really cares as long as they are beating those shaft drive pieces of shit (NTC3). I really don't care.

That's my 2 cents worth

I see
it makes sense if there's a popular class of that sort
Old 04-13-2004, 10:28 AM
Tech Adept

Any chance that there is no real advantage, and that the reason they are always in the A-main is becuase they are good drivers? I don't see how you can mount the exhaust higher, and add the extra drag and weight of a pull-start and still claim a weight and CG advantage. The MTX-3 is a much better chassis as far as being easier to adjust and maintain, and it's rock solid. I just know that at my track the top 3 racers, could take any car you give them and win races with it after a few hours of wrenching on them and a couple hours of practice time.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:05 PM
Tech Addict

Well I got my "Eddie the Fish" prototype 3mm chasis. Although I wanted a 4mm. It's a awesome 3mm. Very nice aluminum.... Beveled edges..... Nice milling. For the price you can't beat it....I like the gun blue color, too. He got's some more on ebay....
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-3-dsc00084.jpg  
Old 04-13-2004, 01:38 PM
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

does any know where i can get the revised fuel tank tap for a good price ? thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.