Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 02:21 AM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Life's pretty straight without twisties.
Old 03-23-2004, 02:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Tires...Offset???

Hi:
I purchased various sets of Nitro Shoe 2 degree offset tires for my MTX-3. When I tried them the car was too wide. Even locking the hub carrier to the arm I could not get the required 200 mm.

I thought the Fast tires on Mugen rims are also 2 degree offset...Am I wrong? Why is the car so different in width when using these two brands?
Thanks for your input.
Jose
Old 03-23-2004, 03:13 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Tires...Offset???

Originally posted by joseviejo
Hi:
I purchased various sets of Nitro Shoe 2 degree offset tires for my MTX-3. When I tried them the car was too wide. Even locking the hub carrier to the arm I could not get the required 200 mm.

I thought the Fast tires on Mugen rims are also 2 degree offset...Am I wrong? Why is the car so different in width when using these two brands?
Thanks for your input.
Jose
the fast tire is 1mm offset......
Old 03-23-2004, 05:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks Manticore. That explains it.
Old 03-23-2004, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Default Visit RC Reviews

Folks, I started a strange but simple website, almost to complement RCTech.

It is still being worked on but is ready to take new registration for memberships.

The idea is to allow folks like us to post our hints/tips with up to 3 pictures and store it there. Then when you want to refer to it you just do a search for the url or you can bookmark it somewhere. Later when fellow racers asks for something you've already posted just point them to the site or post the url.

You can also leave realtime messages with the TAG board and you also see up to date summary of postings done here at RCTech for the On-Road section.

Visit RC Reviews now!

PM me if you have suggestions, I'll try to accomodate but I'm still learning about setting up a website though so please don't expect miracles.

Also, you'll see that there are only sections for Serpent, Mugen and Racing ... that's because I drive both cars and I race them!
Old 03-24-2004, 08:20 PM
Tech Addict

Default Preparation questions for ease of tuning at the track...

Here's a couple of questions for some of you MTX-3 Veterans out there....Please provide your thoughts....

I've been very busy preparing for the upcoming season with a couple of MTX-3's. I have purchased extra sets of shocks and differentials for the car. I will prepare the shocks and diffs with various oils/fluids and have them set-up, ready to drop in the car at new tracks this summer in an attempt to speed up chassis tuning at-the-track.

Can some of you veterans out there provide me some ideas for setting up the x-tra shocks and diffs for tunability.....Tracks in my area are medium to high-traction asphalt (permanent tracks and weekend-only tracks, but no parking-lots). Most may be considered tight and I am expecting to have front spools (solid-diffs) prepared for use also. All of the tracks run foam tires.

I am guessing that I will set-up four sets of shocks with 40,50,60,and 70 weight oils.....and some rear diffs also.

Am I in the correct range for tunability with the above shock oil variants? What weights of fluid should I set-up for the rear diffs....(I will mainly be using front one-ways on flowing-tracks with a front-spool for use on tracks requiring heavy braking.)

I am thinking 37's will be my primary tire choice, but I also have a selection of 40's, 42's, and 45's. Is this suitable?

Thanks for your input, I am VERY much looking forward to this upcoming outdoor season and my new MTX-3's.
Old 03-24-2004, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

On my Mtx3 I use the same stock shock oil all the time, 600. I cahnge the springs at various tracks, but always use the same oil. I've just gotten the new blue springs and I like them alot. These are nos. HO 533 and HO 534.

I use Mugen 30,000 in the rear diff. and I have 100,000 in the front diff. I use the one way some places the diff some places and the locked fornt diff some places.

I've been using 37's, all around, but only for qualifying, for mains I use 42 fronts, and 37 rears, or 40 all around. Depends on the traction that particular day.
Old 03-24-2004, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

On my Mtx3 I use the same stock shock oil all the time, 600. I cahnge the springs at various tracks, but always use the same oil. I've just gotten the new blue springs and I like them alot. These are nos. HO 533 and HO 534.

I use Mugen 30,000 in the rear diff. and I have 100,000 in the front diff. I use the one way some places the diff some places and the locked fornt diff some places.

I've been using 37's, all around, but only for qualifying, for mains I use 42 fronts, and 37 rears, or 40 all around. Depends on the traction that particular day.
Old 03-24-2004, 08:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default Re: Preparation questions for ease of tuning at the track...

Originally posted by Bivens
Here's a couple of questions for some of you MTX-3 Veterans out there....Please provide your thoughts....

I've been very busy preparing for the upcoming season with a couple of MTX-3's. I have purchased extra sets of shocks and differentials for the car. I will prepare the shocks and diffs with various oils/fluids and have them set-up, ready to drop in the car at new tracks this summer in an attempt to speed up chassis tuning at-the-track.

Can some of you veterans out there provide me some ideas for setting up the x-tra shocks and diffs for tunability.....Tracks in my area are medium to high-traction asphalt (permanent tracks and weekend-only tracks, but no parking-lots). Most may be considered tight and I am expecting to have front spools (solid-diffs) prepared for use also. All of the tracks run foam tires.

I am guessing that I will set-up four sets of shocks with 40,50,60,and 70 weight oils.....and some rear diffs also.

Am I in the correct range for tunability with the above shock oil variants? What weights of fluid should I set-up for the rear diffs....(I will mainly be using front one-ways on flowing-tracks with a front-spool for use on tracks requiring heavy braking.)

I am thinking 37's will be my primary tire choice, but I also have a selection of 40's, 42's, and 45's. Is this suitable?

Thanks for your input, I am VERY much looking forward to this upcoming outdoor season and my new MTX-3's.
i would suggest having 3 rear diffs setup 15000wt,30000wt and 50000wt use the 15000wt for medium traction and the 50000wt for high traction and the shock oils i tend to stay with the kit 600wt and the springs are most often used for the tuning suggest you get the full range and test them all
Old 03-24-2004, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

I imagine we'll be racing each other somewhere....
Old 03-24-2004, 08:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default the red5 too quick

red5 too quick for me but i would agree 40's all round will be the starting point,i also run 42's on the front when traction is high
Old 03-25-2004, 03:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: Tires...Offset???

My previous post
----------------------

Thanks for your input.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Manticore
the fast tire is 1mm offset......
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will have to sell these tires. Which car uses 2º offset?
Thanks
Old 03-25-2004, 05:35 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Tires...Offset???

Originally posted by joseviejo
My previous post
----------------------

Thanks for your input.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will have to sell these tires. Which car uses 2º offset?
Thanks
i think yokomo use 2mm offset
Old 03-25-2004, 09:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Preparation questions for ease of tuning at the track...

Originally posted by Bivens

wasting your money!!!! buy more tyres and learn to drive it!!
Old 03-25-2004, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Preparation questions for ease of tuning at the track...

Originally posted by Cartman
wasting your money!!!! buy more tyres and learn to drive it!!
Second that!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.