Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Fisher890
Well After Months of research,puchasing and Building I finally got to run my MTX3. Made a bad choice of Location and Ran it in a Nice Parking lot. Car Handled AWESOME! I Need 2 new belts Now and Rear Tires are Gone. couple other cars Runnin er... walking there too 1 ntc3 1rs3 1yoko4.....The ntc3 Looked pretty I helped the Kid with the rs3 tune and got it running better then the yoko but HOLY *&%& )(&&^ nothing even came close to this car.I'm Almost ready for the track now.I'd like to Thank everyone that has answered my many questions and helped me to get this car together and be able to tune it as well as being able to help others now.The people at this site really do help the Hobby as a whole as well as individuals.
Don't bother to run any belt car anywhere other than a proper track, unless your family own BANDO. Belts will not last at all if they meet sand. Glad to hear you are happy with the Mugen, that was my first reaction when I got the set up right. It was just AWESOME!

To be honest I have seen the Yokomo's run, they are decent but I think the Mugen has an edge. I know a kid who runs the Yokomo and he can really kick ass. Now after getting my Mugen right I can decently hold him off and save some face.

MUGEN RULEZ!!!
Old 11-16-2003, 10:52 PM
Tech Regular

Naw these were straight rtr's with weekend newbe's. Kinna like Freshmen I'm a Sophmore in R/C now! I Knew better then to run the lot but still afraid of the Seniors....... The Track I wanted to Run Has club Racing on Sunday anyways. I'll run at crystal park during the week till I get the hang of a track no more lots for my mugen.
I'll probably go play with TopGun777 out at KZ after that... Might be able to handle the power by then.
Old 11-16-2003, 11:00 PM
Tech Master

Naw these were straight rtr's with weekend newbe's. Kinna like Freshmen I'm a Sophmore in R/C now! I Knew better then to run the lot but still afraid of the Seniors....... The Track I wanted to Run Has club Racing on Sunday anyways. I'll run at crystal park during the week till I get the hang of a track no more lots for my mugen.
I'll probably go play with TopGun777 out at KZ after that... Might be able to handle the power by then.
You are a bully now huh? Sophmore ... hahahaha ... There are a few tracks from where I come from, some are illegal tracks (they see a nice piece of tarred land and they set something up!). The one I go to is a decently sized car park in a shopping mall. The surface is rough cement. We set up a fresh track each week with used tires and PVC pipes. Its good fun as we have great company. The 'track' is about 70-80 feet long and about 25 feet wide.

Only problem is when you meet the lamp posts and walls!!!
Old 11-16-2003, 11:14 PM
Tech Regular

My RC10GT is Quite famillar with Lightpost ........ That one still hurts. Hope the venom Failsafe works as well as the onboard Temp. The lot I was running is about 100m X 40m of no obstructions. Like I said nice Lot. I did notice and I'm not sure if it was from my poor tuning but it did take awhile to hit 2nd gear. Which adj for the 2 sp?Loosen the set screws on the springs?
Old 11-16-2003, 11:32 PM
Tech Master

My RC10GT is Quite famillar with Lightpost ........ That one still hurts. Hope the venom Failsafe works as well as the onboard Temp. The lot I was running is about 100m X 40m of no obstructions. Like I said nice Lot. I did notice and I'm not sure if it was from my poor tuning but it did take awhile to hit 2nd gear. Which adj for the 2 sp?Loosen the set screws on the springs?
My advice on adjusting the 2 speed clutch, DON'T BE LAZY!!! Take the whole thing out of the housing, its not hard work at all (you only remove the E clip for the 1st speed spur, watch that it does not go flying!). This beats trying to look for the screw through the hole in the housing and then getting the 2mm screw into place as it needs to be at a certain angle.

What I do is to tighten the clutch screws till they are firm, not tight. Then loosen about 5-5.5 turns. Then you can fine tune from there. Each time turn a 1/4 turn. The shift point will also be affected by the way you tune your engine.
Old 11-17-2003, 06:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by tIANcI
Perhaps you could have asked if I ran on foams (of which I do) or rubbers (of which I am not presently) rather than being such as arse with such a comment. Its a mere forum for fun and not about showing whose ballz is bigger or better, there is no need to use such lovely language. Maybe you need to take your coffee first.

So please ... read carefully what I said, just my mere opinion and what I feel and think and its not the Blibical truth. Sheeesh ...
to add my personal view, i always believe what works for me might not work for others..and vice versa
Old 11-17-2003, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Can I use AA rechargeables instead of AAA for the reciever pack? will it fit into the slot?
Old 11-17-2003, 10:26 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by spawn
Can I use AA rechargeables instead of AAA for the reciever pack? will it fit into the slot?
you can use whatever size you want except that you cannot use the stock battery holder for AA size and you need to find another place to accommodate your receiver pack
Old 11-17-2003, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Manticore
you can use whatever size you want except that you cannot use the stock battery holder for AA size and you need to find another place to accommodate your receiver pack
okay so if I solder 5 pieces of AA in 3+2 confirguration it should fit into the place? Are you using the AAA or AA in your car?
Old 11-18-2003, 12:08 AM
Tech Regular

AAA the AA are too big to fit in the stock spot under the tank.I just built my RX packs and that is the only size small enough in dia to stack.
Old 11-18-2003, 01:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi boy's I just joined the thread and just wanted to post a Hello to all. Ive got 3 mtx-3's in my family and is looking for all the tips I can get. Ill thank you boys now for the questions ill ask later.. thanks. Hey Manti, Wanna Race??
Old 11-18-2003, 01:55 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by freefallgirl
Hi boy's I just joined the thread and just wanted to post a Hello to all. Ive got 3 mtx-3's in my family and is looking for all the tips I can get. Ill thank you boys now for the questions ill ask later.. thanks. Hey Manti, Wanna Race??
welcome FFG !
Old 11-18-2003, 03:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by tIANcI
My advice on adjusting the 2 speed clutch, DON'T BE LAZY!!! Take the whole thing out of the housing, its not hard work at all (you only remove the E clip for the 1st speed spur, watch that it does not go flying!). This beats trying to look for the screw through the hole in the housing and then getting the 2mm screw into place as it needs to be at a certain angle.

What I do is to tighten the clutch screws till they are firm, not tight. Then loosen about 5-5.5 turns. Then you can fine tune from there. Each time turn a 1/4 turn. The shift point will also be affected by the way you tune your engine.

Ok thx you are right it was very easy to remove it and adj. Had it shifting on the box today with some more fuel mixture tweeking. Gonna pick up some belts and rear tires then take it to the Track weds. (if its not raining....) This starter box thing is da chit I can't believe I was Yankin the crank for a year.... Now I gotta yank the Yanker off my RB wow that RC10GT gonna really fly now.How Big should the Wings be for it? !Had a Problem with the Motor mount screws backing off... Longer Screws or the 4mm mounts? Seems like a 3x12 would be a better screw then the stock 3x8 But I Like to Go big on HP anchors. Has anyone else Had Problems with stripped screws/Screwholes anywhere on the MTX3? Seems like a bad place to go cheap on such a nice kit.
Old 11-18-2003, 05:41 AM
Tech Elite

what do I need to change to reduce the weight of my MTX3, it is 1750 without body and fuel? titanium middle and rear shaft?
Old 11-18-2003, 06:10 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by spawn
what do I need to change to reduce the weight of my MTX3, it is 1750 without body and fuel? titanium middle and rear shaft?
ti mid shaft, ti rear shaft, ti pillow balls, milled (lightened) 1st gear housing, milled 2nd gear housing, milled pulley adapters, milled chassis.

That should put a nice dent in both the car's weight and your wallet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.