Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2002, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Cartman
sorry mate but they dont alter anti squat they alter roll centers
check the set up sheet and measure them. they only raise or lower the pin parralell to the chassis!
Both ends of the pins move up and down when you use the different rear blocks, you're wright it does change the roll center, sory Tenesee I was incorrect. I had to sit down and take a look at my car, roll center= wieght tranfor.
Old 12-01-2002, 09:46 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by ROBBIE C
For the person had the problem with setting the centex clutch, you don't need special tools.

Heres a easy way of seting your clutch, make sure your enbail spins free at all times, if not take apart and shim the enbail until it doe's, and as for the clearence make sure theres a thread and a half showing, this would measure out to be .06mm
I think you were trying to say 0.6mm ?
Old 12-01-2002, 09:47 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by ROBBIE C
Give me a call at work, easier to explain.
I am not happy with the kit. the bag system is a mess !!
Old 12-01-2002, 10:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Manticore
I am not happy with the kit. the bag system is a mess !!
why so? you find Bag "A" parts in Bag "B"?
Old 12-01-2002, 10:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by hurhur
why so? you find Bag "A" parts in Bag "B"?
I think it is production line friendly but not user friendly.
Old 12-02-2002, 12:27 AM
Tech Initiate

That's good the mtx-3 handles and can out run the competiors on small tight and medium size tracks (which I suppose you are saying What 170-200 foot back straight aways) Can you clairfy your meaning of medium size for me. But the real question is how does it compare to the rest at the huge track. (Sample===
OHIO....)has anyone been on a track close to that size with this beast yet. Waiting to hear the results before I am convinced.
Old 12-02-2002, 12:32 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: MTX-3 is bomb

Originally posted by patelladragger
On a tight - technical track the MTX-3 changes direction noticeably quicker than any car I've driven and is SOOO easy to drive. I was about .9 second / lap faster than with V1RR today - but on a bigger, more flowing track the RR will hold it's own as it owned the sweeper at the end of the str8.
Thanks for the feedback patella Could you list your settings?
Old 12-02-2002, 12:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Does eveyone feel that the internal gear ratio has helped the overall speed performance or is it the motor. How are the tyres wearing compared to the mtx-2. I noticed from some earlier posts that the car works good with softer tyres, but are they wearing faster and are they coning.
Old 12-02-2002, 12:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally posted by tweakster
That's good the mtx-3 handles and can out run the competiors on small tight and medium size tracks (which I suppose you are saying What 170-200 foot back straight aways) Can you clairfy your meaning of medium size for me. But the real question is how does it compare to the rest at the huge track. (Sample===
OHIO....)has anyone been on a track close to that size with this beast yet. Waiting to hear the results before I am convinced.
Yep, ran on one last week. It was awesome on the long track. The car is incredibly stable and had very fast transition. It went around the back str8 sweeper faster than i ever could with the 2. I drove it yesterday on a carpark track, it was reasonably quick but otherwise could have been mistaken for an understeering pig! This car has ENORMOUS POTENTIAL.
Old 12-02-2002, 01:00 AM
Tech Initiate

I might be a little early but does anyone know where the nats.ON_ROAD will be held in 2003 I heard it might be on the east coast, but then I thinkI read it might be out west can anyone clarify this Maybe Robbie C. And is the car ready for such a big race or do you need $500.00 in hop-ups from kawahara to have a chance.
Old 12-02-2002, 01:45 AM
Tech Master

If the MTX2 is any indication, The 3 won't need any hop-ups.

At least we know this kit won't say "Hop ups already in the box" only to have another version released a few months later with more "Team Only" hop ups for $100 more.

My MTX-3 is comming soon.
Old 12-02-2002, 01:52 AM
Tech Regular

Jordan C,

Your the only person that I've heard thus far claim that the MTX-3 is an "understeering pig". On one hand your whining about that, but then you seem to like the car very much as well. It seems everyone else is ok with the amount of steering. Are you maybe not setting up your car properly?
Old 12-02-2002, 05:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I love the car, just because a car doesn't have a lot of steering, doesn't mean it's not a good car. The ass end of the car is very stable, it has great transistion but just needs a little more steering. That can be rectified. Remeber these cars are only one week old, if you guys all think your cars are handling that good, perhaps you guys should look at your setups! Remeber not everybody uses kit tyres
Old 12-02-2002, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by JordanC
I love the car, just because a car doesn't have a lot of steering, doesn't mean it's not a good car. The ass end of the car is very stable, it has great transistion but just needs a little more steering. That can be rectified. Remeber these cars are only one week old, if you guys all think your cars are handling that good, perhaps you guys should look at your setups! Remeber not everybody uses kit tyres
understeer/ oversteer is a matter of setup. How much steering a car can potentially attain is a matter of car design and parts fitment. This car has an TREMENDOUS amount of steering if set for steering, more than any other nitro car I've tried and I've tried quite a few. All you have to do is look at the amount of steering travel allowed to be able to tell that if your car is pushing it can be corrected.

I ran basically stock setup with a little more rear camber (4), a little more front toe out (-1), a little more rear droop with kit tires and the car had zero push and amazing mid-corner grip. It actually took me a while to realize how early pre-apex I could get back in the gas hard and the car still hook. I've experienced that before with an RR running a lola but never with a stratus (regular protoform).

medium/small track I'm speaking of is 115 inside 135 outside str8 by maybe 80 foot wide. Switchbacks and tight infield are where the laps are made though - It's definitely an electric oriented track. But the fact that a nitro outran these electric sedans tells me this car has awesome potential if the durability checks out.

I'm thinking you're going to need to thread lock everything - even screws going into plastic. It wasn't a major hit that popped out my rear link so I'm sorta concerned since that was really the first contact the car had and it broke. I touched nary a board on my TQ run so the car never got tested.
Old 12-02-2002, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

A friend's MRX-3 also hd the same problem withthe rear camber link popping off but then again he crashes pretty hard. Maybe a longer screw would help or is it a special screw?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.