Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Hey Stefan, I've thought about your offer long and hard and decided to take you up on it. I promise not to wear that hat again. Didn't really like red hats anyway, and it hasn't seemed to be too lucky lately.

Can you e-mail it to me?
Old 08-19-2003, 05:06 PM
Tech Addict

what's the size of the bearings on the MTX2 steering knuckles??
i cracked mine in the weekend and can't find any replacement part locally, only found the ones for MTX2

besides bearings what else do i need to make the MTX2 knuckles work on MTX3?
Old 08-19-2003, 05:56 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Fire
besides bearings what else do i need to make the MTX2 knuckles work on MTX3?
why you need to do that?
Old 08-19-2003, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: NEW MTX3 Member!

Originally posted by ROBBIE C
In the future there will be a pro kit that will include these items and more.
Robbie.. are there plans to do that?? Damn i have already placed a order for another kit.
Old 08-19-2003, 07:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: NEW MTX3 Member!

Originally posted by Vinyard
Robbie.. are there plans to do that?? Damn i have already placed a order for another kit.
ordering a RR Evo?
Old 08-19-2003, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: NEW MTX3 Member!

Originally posted by RClover
ordering a RR Evo?
another MTX3 too.. still considering the RR Evo..
problem is the kit does not comes with the steering bearings, graphic radio tray and shimo chassis
Old 08-19-2003, 08:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

FW05 shaftdriven...
Old 08-19-2003, 09:32 PM
Tech Regular

My MTX-3 is leaving me soon ... I'm really going to miss it if/when in sells. As you all probably know by now I've been whining about parts in my area and can't afford to have the parts shipped overnight or not in time when I want to race. I have to thank everyone for the tech support and parts support (you know who you are).

I was so close to getting more kewl hop-ups then noticed the ones I wanted totalled the amount of a new kit (I won't mention which one - don't want to open that can of worms)

If it doesn't sell then most likely you'll see me posting back up here for more questions and tips OR may contribute to what I've found with the MTX3.

I do have one question...I ended up trading my MT12 engine with a guy at the local track that had a MR12 Turbo S1...I think that's what it is - it's the one that came with the initial release of the MTX3 - please advise.

Manticore is that a pic of your car in action? Looks cool.

-Puma

Last edited by puma1824; 08-19-2003 at 09:47 PM.
Old 08-19-2003, 09:44 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by puma1824
[B]My MTX-3 is leaving me soon ... I'm really going to miss it if/when in sells. As you all probably know by now I've been whining about parts in my area and can't afford to have the parts shipped overnight or not in time when I want to race. I have to thank everyone for the tech support and parts support (you know who you are).

I was so close to getting more kewl hop-ups then noticed the ones I wanted totalled the amount of a new kit (I won't mention which one - don't want to open that can of worms)

If it doesn't sell then most likely you'll see me posting back up here for more questions and tips OR may contribute to what I've gound with the MTX3.

I do have one question...I ended up trading my MT12 engine with a guy at the local track that had a MR12 Turbo S1...I think that's what it is - it's the one that came with the initial release of the MTX3 - please advise.

Manticore[/] is that a pic of your car in action? Looks cool.

-Puma
yes, its my car in the picture.

pm me if you need any help that would make you keep your MTX3 ! its ashame that you have to let it go. good luck !
Old 08-19-2003, 10:01 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

the mtx-3 does NOT need any hopups at all
it is all just personal preferance, and hop ups makes you feel good
that is all
Old 08-19-2003, 10:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by B
the mtx-3 does NOT need any hopups at all
it is all just personal preferance, and hop ups makes you feel good
that is all
I know it doesn't...I just wanted them. Presently I have all the Sato Seiki hop-ups on my MTX3 because I wanted to NOT because I had to. I was getting bored so I wanted a few more hop-ups and the ones I "wanted" not needed added up to a the cost of another car which will (I hope) eventually have better local support. FYI at the track I run on I was the ONLY one with one accept for one other person who had just finished building it. I had helped him iron out some of his problems. If we needed anything extra or something to replace during the races we both would of been SOL.

-Puma
Old 08-19-2003, 10:25 PM
B
Tech Master

i see i see, parts support is important too

most cars will have quite a bit of aftermarket upgrade parts for it (not necessary ones)....
so it would be costly if you do want to go that upgrading route

well, either way, have fun with your new car!
Old 08-19-2003, 10:44 PM
B
Tech Master

A quick question..

How does the quality of Team Active compare to that of other brands? (Kawahara, Square, FiveStars)

Is it just as good? (the price range is around the same level, if not higher)
Old 08-20-2003, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

I know it doesn't...I just wanted them. Presently I have all the Sato Seiki hop-ups on my MTX3 because I wanted to NOT because I had to. I was getting bored so I wanted a few more hop-ups and the ones I "wanted" not needed added up to a the cost of another car which will (I hope) eventually have better local support. FYI at the track I run on I was the ONLY one with one accept for one other person who had just finished building it. I had helped him iron out some of his problems. If we needed anything extra or something to replace during the races we both would of been SOL.

-Puma
Puma,
I saw your car for sale and my credit card hand became twitchy immediately.

What I don't understand is why you are selling.

I personally have ZERO parts availabilty for Mugen stuff in my neck of the woods, but I got everyting I need from mail oprder places, most of it dirt cheap from Hong Kong.
I know it's none of my business, but for the money you spend for these hop ups, you couls have gotten spare part to last you for 2 years

Just don't sell ther best car for that reason
Old 08-20-2003, 07:20 AM
Tech Adept

My MTX-3 is leaving me soon ... I'm really going to miss it if/when in sells. As you all probably know by now I've been whining about parts in my area and can't afford to have the parts shipped overnight or not in time when I want to race. I have to thank everyone for the tech support and parts support (you know who you are).

If it doesn't sell then most likely you'll see me posting back up here for more questions and tips OR may contribute to what I've found with the MTX3.

Manticore is that a pic of your car in action? Looks cool.

-Puma
Hey Puma,
I also live in Maryland (College Park area) and I never had problems finding parts for my car... actually many, many people is running mugens now because they are great cars and it is easy to find parts.
If there is any way that I can help you finding them please send me a pm.
I race in Virginia on sundays and I can get parts there too.
Good luck!
Pepe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.