Mugen MTX-3

Old 08-12-2003, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by fastharry
Well,you guys are wrong as usual.....I don't have 63 feet..or 7 feet....

But I have enough to satisfy any of YOUR ladies......

At least,those of you who have them.....

(BTW,I'm also an Impulse owner..)...

Anyone with ANY type of touring car is welcome in Edison NJ,Sept 6th and 7th for the NJ state championship....

would love to race against any of you......
Only joking with you fastharry. I was actually referring to your vast stable of cars - dunno how you manage that.

Thanks for the invite - we'd love to come and race at Edison, but alas, we're half a world away.

And satisfied ladies?
That's an oxymoron, surely?
Old 08-12-2003, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Only joking with you fastharry. I was actually referring to your vast stable of cars - dunno how you manage that.

Thanks for the invite - we'd love to come and race at Edison, but alas, we're half a world away.

And satisfied ladies?
That's an oxymoron, surely?

I know you were joking........I do have a penchant for promoting cars I like..(and busting balls,too)....

Too bad they don't give air miles for big mouths..I'd have enough to fly to you guys and race you there

but the invite stands.......Where does Freakah live?......
Old 08-12-2003, 07:01 AM
Tech Regular

Default How to adjust front anti-roll bar

Hi, I'm new on the forum. I've just got my MTX-3 built and setting it up with Hudy Ultimate setup kit. I got pretty much everything figured out, except the front anti-roll bar.

On one of the setup material I read, It tells you to lift the car from the rear center, if one wheel comes up first, then you need to adjust the stiffness of the swaybar on the diangnol of that wheel.

I've tried this method on front wheel (which adjusts the rear anti-roll bar), and it worked. Just can't figure out the rear (front anti-roll bar).

p.s. the setup material I believe it demostrated with a sepent, maybe it's different designfor the front anti-roll bar system?

sorry about the spelling.
Old 08-12-2003, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: How to adjust front anti-roll bar (theory and how to...)

Originally posted by Jasonchi
p.s. the setup material I believe it demostrated with a sepent, maybe it's different designfor the front anti-roll bar system?
Hi.

First of all, let's say that sometimes Snake pit guys do weird things (like this you said, don't know, but if they posted this forget all about it, is simply crap). Let's to demistify the roll bars (seems that many people are scared about them).

A roll bar is another suspension element present in your car. Said in plain words they act as a 'side spring', they act when lateral forces (cornering) are present in your car. When your car does a corner, the outer side gets more weight, thus get's more spring compression and it leans to the outside.

Main problem with all the cars is that when a side of this is unloaded they have the 'bad habit' of uncompressing the inner spring due to the weight transfer to the outside, accenting the effect of leaning to the outside.

Roll bars are there to compensate or alleviate this effect.

First of all, you need to ensure that your rear roll bar is completely straight (put it over a mirror or a glass and ensure that is completely flat - check both sides), if not, we're starting wrong.

Check (thee, four or as many times is needed) that the two braces that connect the roll bar to the A-arm measure the same - take your time doing this. If you're in a rush you can tweak badly your car and will do weird things.

Next step is to install in the rear bulkheads, ensure that in the place where goes doesn't have flash, dust, crap or other things that could bind with the bar. Pay attention to ensure that doesn't bind in the turns, if bind, get your body hole reamer and remove slightly the edge where binds, should not get lateral slop (if gets, at the end there's a small dirty trick to remove lateral slop of the roll bar). Put the plastic retainers (there are ones made in aluminium - 5stars IDRB - that guides better and makes sure that doesn't distort under load) that capture the roll bar. Install the grub screws, tighten it until they have a very small gap between the screw and roll bar - they should NOT bind, bar should move freely with the least gap (take your time tightening those screws).

Next what you should need is to ensure that the roll bar measures the same on the two sides where is attached to the A-arms (isn't uncommon to see that one side measures more than the other, check with a dial caliper).

Attach the ball ends to the bar and A-arm and your bar is installed. Without the shocks installed on your car and with the droop screws installed correctly (and properly adjusted) your A-arms should be at the same height (if not, you've messed it on any point, recheck anything). Front rollbar and how to adjust is a complete different animal.

Check on the Team Xray for their tunning guide, they explain in a graphical with plain words everything you should need to setup your car and how to do it

How to adjust the stiffness of the wire bars:

To adjust the roll bar you doesn't need a rear blade bar (OK, rear blade roll bars look trickier). You only need to move the upper captured ball inner and outer on the bar (Inner is stiffer, outer is softer).

When moving the captured bar on the roll bar, ensure that the bar stands flat in your car, nor pointing upwards nor downwards, should be paralell or at least the most parallel to the deck surface of the rear bulkhead.

Keep a roll bar as spare in your toolbox, shit happens and with a crash you can warp the roll bar (yes, you can straighten it, but you're weakening it by the fact of straightening and using it). Is a cheap spare and should be on anything spare parts box of anything minimal serious in keeping their car in good shape for running/racing.
Old 08-12-2003, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by esham
I'm wonder which engine i should install in my V1RR Evo ... emmm.... Thinking... Thinking... OOOpss! Is this MTX3 thread!
Go with the JP trust me it's very fast, the only thing it takes a long time to break in.
Old 08-12-2003, 02:09 PM
Tech Adept

First of all, let's say that sometimes Snake pit guys do weird things (like this you said, don't know, but if they posted this forget all about it, is simply crap). Let's to demistify the roll bars (seems that many people are scared about them).
Corse-R,
Sounds like you dont know what you are talking about.
The instructions on the Hudy set-up is for Snakes. The Serpent front anti-roll bar has a cam to adjust it if the blades are tweak.

And yes, on the serpent you can cheack tweak by lefting the front or rear of the car..................

Section 8
Old 08-12-2003, 03:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by fastharry
Well,you guys are wrong as usual.....I don't have 63 feet..or 7 feet....

But I have enough to satisfy any of YOUR ladies......

At least,those of you who have them.....

(BTW,I'm also an Impulse owner..)...

Anyone with ANY type of touring car is welcome in Edison NJ,Sept 6th and 7th for the NJ state championship....

would love to race against any of you......
Satisfying ladies with FEET ,maybe that's the way they do it in Turkey!
Old 08-12-2003, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by FAST1
Corse-R,
Sounds like you dont know what you are talking about.
The instructions on the Hudy set-up is for Snakes. The Serpent front anti-roll bar has a cam to adjust it if the blades are tweak.

And yes, on the serpent you can cheack tweak by lefting the front or rear of the car..................

Section 8
Fast1:

I don't know if you don't know read (possible) or I explained wrong (possible), but that guy was asking about tweak and was talking about rear wheels, so messing on the front roll bar will NOT solve their problem (messing on the front roll bar gives you a MESSED front suspension).

the cam that has the front roll bar is for adjusting the tweak on the front rollbar (like you said, and is very common to see on the blade type roll bars - uncommon is to see a blade without the cam).

Most possible sources of a tweaked car is an uneven adjustment on the axles. Before engaging yourself to mess around the car, check if ALL the adjustments on the car are right (you much probably will found that has a slightly smaller tyre, uneven spring tension, uneven shock lenght or uneven droop).

If you need to start doing compromise adjustments like changing spring tension on the opposite side of the car, you surely will have something weird (or probably a weird car). A car who is right assembled and their adjustments are fine, doesn't need changes on the wedge of the car (if Snakes need is because are deffective in design, like I show you in a few moments).

Wedge adjustments are made on NASCAR by their rulebook (it prevents on modifying the front suspension adjustments one time that race has started), you don't need to mess in the wedge of a car (if is correctly assembled and is fine on all measurements) and they only turn left, so the overall balance of the car is quite different, not aplicable here, but many people still insist on working in the wedge adj.

Regarding Snake cars, please let me say that never liked it and never wanted one, their cars are weird, unrefinated and with severe flaws (will point some later, for your information).

First flaw: Why confuse to the people with complete different pulley systems and let the final user decide what to use? this created controversy between the 705 crowd. Put only one pulley set and let engineers decide what is fine for your car.

Second flaw: Self proclaiming 'competition kit' one car that for changing the rear camber needs to change too the toe-in and track width isn't really my prototype of competition kit....

Third flaw: Belts that strip and break. With the stock width belts, many people whine about stripped belts and needs to use 1/8 scale car belts (uhm.... very fine crafted and designed car, surely! but not on this point).

Other defects: Rear ball differential (too delicate and prone to slip if you're not over it each tank...), Too much changes on the spring rates (let's see, Vector and Impulse used some kind of springs, Veteq used another with the same colors and different rates, now, with the Impulse Evo, another time the springs have the same colors and third different rates.... very clever and a easy way to confuse/piss people.

Need to continue? (have a long list, regarding almost every aspect of the car) but don't want to bother other people here at this thread that doesn't bother with other cars rather than the one they drive.

In definite. A weird engineered car needs weird setups and weird procedures to setup it.
Old 08-12-2003, 04:16 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Old 08-12-2003, 05:53 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Corse-R
In definite. A weird engineered car needs weird setups and weird procedures to setup it.

Old 08-12-2003, 05:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by EVOLUTION
alright !! who he this guy? tell me tell me ! he is that turkey? again?
Old 08-12-2003, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Manticore
How about tuning with FEET??
hmm that's a new!
Old 08-12-2003, 06:17 PM
Tech Addict

i heard that masami can drive pretty quick with his feet
Old 08-12-2003, 06:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Corse-R
Fast1:

I don't know if you don't know read (possible) or I explained wrong (possible), but that guy was asking about tweak and was talking about rear wheels, so messing on the front roll bar will NOT solve their problem (messing on the front roll bar gives you a MESSED front suspension).

the cam that has the front roll bar is for adjusting the tweak on the front rollbar (like you said, and is very common to see on the blade type roll bars - uncommon is to see a blade without the cam).

Thanks for the info skippy!!
Old 08-12-2003, 07:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Manticore
To be fair i don't think Harry is a typical Turkish person,cause i just asked a Turkish friend of mine and he says this is the first he has ever heard of anyone using there feet for that purpose! But God bless the Turks for there tasty Turkish delights!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.