Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 11:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by AMainJay
Alright guys, i got my MTX-3 today and started building it. Im glad to be a part of this forum now. Anyways, did anyone have trouble putting that clip next to the one way, that was so hard for me. I was just wondering if anyone else had trouble. Construction is going smooth and cant wait to be done!
You need to get access to a special tool, don't know how is called on English, but resembles like pliers and their nose is 90º bent with the end shaped in two small round nipples. Check in your local hardware store or ask in the shop you bought if they can install for you.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:30 PM
Tech Master

I think theyr'e called snap-ring pliers.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by AMainJay
Alright guys, i got my MTX-3 today and started building it. Im glad to be a part of this forum now. Anyways, did anyone have trouble putting that clip next to the one way, that was so hard for me. I was just wondering if anyone else had trouble. Construction is going smooth and cant wait to be done!
Wellcome To Mugen Worlds AMainJay.
You'll Love it when it is done ask anything in this foruum and you will get a very fast reply.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: ouch!

Originally posted by eddiethefish
For a brief moment, the car thought of the song, "I belive I can fly..." Until...

http://www.mytsn.com/publ/psimage.aspi?pid=8084&psid=2
headless snake!
Old 06-17-2003, 12:20 AM
Tech Adept

Does anyone know or try Kahawara (correct me if i spell wrong)
wheel Hex adapter? Someone mentioned that you can use 0 degree offset if you use Kahawara hex adapter.
Old 06-17-2003, 12:33 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by US_MATRIX
Does anyone know or try Kahawara (correct me if i spell wrong)
wheel Hex adapter? Someone mentioned that you can use 0 degree offset if you use Kahawara hex adapter.
the kawahara hex comes with 1mm spacers that allow you to run offset rims and non-offser rims
Old 06-17-2003, 03:41 AM
acs
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Corse-R
363mm of lenght. 121 Tooth in total if not remember bad, belt pitch is 3mm.
unfortunatly i can only get 6mm wide belts and that is about 2mm too wide.

I'm guessing the standard belt will be too slack and fall of with the different pulley's.

I will have to try some other places that sell belts.

Al
Old 06-17-2003, 04:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by acs

I'm guessing the standard belt will be too slack and fall of with the different pulley's.
Al:

As I did many times, don't wanna talk about business here, but ordered some and got custom cut to 4mm wide, I don't make profit with this, what I request is what they costed me. If interested on some belts, please PM and I will send you the details.
Old 06-17-2003, 04:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Manticore
the kawahara hex comes with 1mm spacers that allow you to run offset rims and non-offser rims
i dont have the kawahara hex adapter, but i use 1mm washer.
Old 06-17-2003, 04:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by acs

Al
i see you very keen on the conversion, just get the belts from Corse-R, these belts are cheaper than normal mugen belts. From what i can see in the picx, these belts are of good quality and should be as durable as stock belts, rite Corse-R?
Old 06-17-2003, 04:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by RClover
i see you very keen on the conversion, just get the belts from Corse-R, these belts are cheaper than normal mugen belts. From what i can see in the picx, these belts are of good quality and should be as durable as stock belts, rite Corse-R?
At least the belt that was installed on the car when I photographied it got 4 hours of continuous thundering (more than 600 laps to my local track).

Belts should be durable (are made by Pirelli, one of the leaders on the rubber business - got the oportunity of choosing some cheaper but passed in favor to those), but as ever, may be the possibility of a lemon (that's not mine intention) and I double check every belt previously to send it, at least on visual shape are without defects.

BTW: All who asked for belts, when receive yours, please give a PM to know that all received and are in good shape (not many did with the brake rotors, but haven't heard cry nor shouts from anything) about this.
Old 06-17-2003, 04:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

At least the belt that was installed on the car when I photographied it got 4 hours of continuous thundering (more than 600 laps to my local track).
running >600 laps continously is going to make my fingers and wrists frozen and numb!
but a can of bear might keep me awake..
Old 06-17-2003, 04:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by RClover
running >600 laps continously is going to make my fingers and wrists frozen and numb!
but a can of bear might keep me awake..
4Hours is an extreme ride, costs of running that day were high (to know: 4.5 litres of fuel, 7 complete sets of tyres (F/R) and 3 CVD's from 3Racing - simply they didn't hold the punishment) quite expensive, but needed some training for the forthcoming nats (was a little rusted ).

Engine got severed (lost all their compression) but was a kinda used engine, new P/S is on the way.

The worst of this running was try to remove the 4 hours of rubber, grease and grime from the car (sheeeesh! exhaust got the dirt cooked over it and is impossible to clean will try to sandblast it). The photos you saw were after a serious session of air compressor and methanol sprayed over it to clean at least the first layer of grime.
Old 06-17-2003, 05:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

4Hours is an extreme ride, costs of running that day were high (to know: 4.5 litres of fuel, 7 complete sets of tyres (F/R) and 3 CVD's from 3Racing - simply they didn't hold the punishment) quite expensive, but needed some training for the forthcoming nats (was a little rusted ).

Engine got severed (lost all their compression) but was a kinda used engine, new P/S is on the way.

The worst of this running was try to remove the 4 hours of rubber, grease and grime from the car (sheeeesh! exhaust got the dirt cooked over it and is impossible to clean will try to sandblast it). The photos you saw were after a serious session of air compressor and methanol sprayed over it to clean at least the first layer of grime.
oouch..! that's a pain in the pocket in just one day!
hardwork pays! good luck in your nats
Old 06-17-2003, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

Default Cleaning!!

I know that I will get a lot of arguments about this, but here is how I have been cleaning my car after raceday for the last 2 1/2 years w/o any problems:

Take the top deck and the engine off and spray the whole car with Simple Green, let it soak for ten minutes, brush the bad spot with a paint brush and then HOSE the sucker down!!!

Simple Green is very easy on bearings and plastic parts.
I then blow the water off with a compressor.

Car looks like new....

Top deck and engine I do with denatured alcohol and compressed air.

The whole cleaning ordeal takes me 15 minutes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.