Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2003, 06:04 PM
Tech Champion

Talking

Originally posted by thebutcher
Robbie, it gets pretty HOT in here from time to time. But its usually caused by people who assume too much. You need to be in this thread whenever you get the opportunity.

Butcher
Old 06-11-2003, 06:04 PM
TBR
Tech Regular

Default Re: PERSONAL TRANSPONDERS

Originally posted by hicheef
Whats up all!!!
Can someone please post a pic or just info one where and how you all are mounting personal transponders?? I have an idea where but I'd like to get an idea where evryone else is so that I don't make a grave mistake. Any input is much appreciated!!!!
Kevin
Why not use the personal transponder mount that comes with the kit?
Old 06-11-2003, 06:05 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: PERSONAL TRANSPONDERS

Originally posted by TSR6
I mounted mine on the center steering screw. I posted the pic a while ago... pic sucks... but gives the general idea.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...?postid=366664

Post #3,000 - TSR6
the screw is going to loosen easily as you cannot tighten it much with the transponder in between.
Old 06-11-2003, 06:11 PM
TBR
Tech Regular

If you are still wanting to use the switch aswell all you need to do is turn the switch mount upside down and get some longer screws to go through both the transponder mount and switch mount. Dont have a pic at moment but can get one if required.
Old 06-11-2003, 06:14 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: PERSONAL TRANSPONDERS

Originally posted by Manticore
the screw is going to loosen easily as you cannot tighten it much with the transponder in between.
I haven't had a problem, and I don't even have loc-tite on that screw. It only shims the screw up by about .03".
Old 06-11-2003, 06:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Personal transponder

i like the idea to be mounted in the foam bumper!
Old 06-11-2003, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Here is a pic of the my MTX3 with the Sqaure graphite switch/transponder holder, works and fits well.

TSR6 - I mentioned this previously, the AMB transponders don't like graphite too much, not sure what your hit/miss signal is, but you may want to relocate your transponder away from the graphite. Just an FYI

The transponders should be mounted horizontally, no higher than 15 cm/ 6 inches with no metal or carbon fiber between the transponder and detection loop.
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-3-car3.jpg  
Old 06-11-2003, 09:35 PM
RCTech Member #2

Originally posted by Novarossi
Here is a pic of the my MTX3 with the Sqaure graphite switch/transponder holder, works and fits well.

TSR6 - I mentioned this previously, the AMB transponders don't like graphite too much, not sure what your hit/miss signal is, but you may want to relocate your transponder away from the graphite. Just an FYI
Nova - Yeah, I know exatly what you mean about the instructions

I've never had a problem. If you look at it, the transponder actually sits above a hole in the upper deck, and lower chassis, not much for graphite or aluminum between it and the track.
Old 06-11-2003, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Nova - Yeah, I know exatly what you mean. I've never had a problem. If you look at it, the transponder actually sits above a hole in the upper deck, and lower chassis.
I was having all sorts of problems with my transponder and signal (it was a new transponder). Ever since I mounted it this way, it was tested on the computer, and it gave a high signal each time. You'll notice that there is nothing between the transponder and the ground.

The instructions do say not to have any metal either, most of the guys here just mount it in there bumper.

I guess if you are having no issues, theres nothing to worry about
Old 06-11-2003, 09:46 PM
RCTech Member #2

Originally posted by Novarossi
The instructions do say not to have any metal either, most of the guys here just mount it in there bumper.

I guess if you are having no issues, theres nothing to worry about
I thought about rigging something up for the bumper, but I don't want to take a heavy hit to the front, and blow up my $55 transponder. ( part of the reason I'm also not to keen on hanging it off the side of the chassis, and I also didn't want to buy a mount).

I usually end up following that good 'ole rule of "between the shock towers, and within the chassis structure" rule.

-Troy
Old 06-11-2003, 09:55 PM
Tech Initiate

I thought about rigging something up for the bumper, but I don't want to take a heavy hit to the front, and blow up my $55 transponder. ( part of the reason I'm also not to keen on hanging it off the side of the chassis, and I also didn't want to buy a mount).

I usually end up following that good 'ole rule of "between the shock towers, and within the chassis structure" rule.

-Troy
I saw a few people at the regionals that had a nice cover for thier personal transponder. It was molded so the transponder would tuck up inside to protect it, and it was mounted to the kit mount. I think it was Tim Long who had them. Who makes those Robbie????
Old 06-11-2003, 09:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by thebutcher
I saw a few people at the regionals that had a nice cover for thier personal transponder. It was molded so the transponder would tuck up inside to protect it, and it was mounted to the kit mount. I think it was Tim Long who had them. Who makes those Robbie????

Tim Long sells this
Old 06-11-2003, 10:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Yea, I thought it was Tim. I like IT.
Old 06-11-2003, 10:11 PM
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

hi guys, i am planning to get a new sirio .12 outlaw for my mtx-3 , but i have also heard some mounting problem ? is it true ? or i need to do some modification for it to fit ? the mounting problem i am referring to is carburator..any inputs will be appreciated. thanks
Old 06-11-2003, 10:23 PM
TBR
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Tag
hi guys, i am planning to get a new sirio .12 outlaw for my mtx-3 , but i have also heard some mounting problem ? is it true ? or i need to do some modification for it to fit ? the mounting problem i am referring to is carburator..any inputs will be appreciated. thanks
I had to make a small slot in the top deck so that the carby can open up fully on full trottle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.