Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 06:37 PM
Tech Champion

for those who are interested at car setup, there are plenty of information here
Old 06-04-2003, 06:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Manticore
for those who are interested at car setup, there are plenty of information here
that's what i usually recommend to rookies in the rookies' tread!
Old 06-04-2003, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks guys, good info on the overdrive issue!!

Next question

Can somebody explain the differences between the Nova Rossi S1, S2 and S3 engines and parts interchangeability.

This is becoming confusing and the NR website dioesn't provide any insight.

Thanks
Old 06-04-2003, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Talking More Overdrive talk!

Recently had a small chat with another member of this thread (here's a hint: his handle starts with a P and ends with a T)regarding overdrive for an MRX-3. I thought I might post his reply because it applies also to the MTX-3:

My q:
Recently I began using the overdrive 25T pulley, but I think I may be stressing my front belt more now than before, because I've been stripping teeth lately. I normally run with about a 6mm split. Should I be using a different split with this pulley? The car doesn't seem as out of whack handling wise with the overdrive pulley in comparison with my sedans, but the stripping thing is bugging me. I've even got a front belt tensioner on the car that I devised, but it's not helping right now.

He replied:
"...regarding your MRX-3, great car! We have been running these for the last 1 1/2-2 years and I have to say it is one of the easiest cars to build and work on that is on the market. Running the 25T pulley allows you to run smaller front tires i.e. larger splits (@9mm) while still maintaining an overdrive ratio of 1 (aproximate numbers here). The reason that you would do this is primarily that it raises your roll axis on the front end. Raising the roll axis means the car stays flatter through corners puts more weight on the inside front tire when cornering which is not necessarily bad as the outside tire is being loaded by the G's of cornering so it argubly makes the car corner more efficiently. Having said this, when you start talking about roll axis things are getting realy complex and it's difficult to do without drawing out diagrams to show the geometry of the suspension and how the pivot points intersect. This is best done talking face to face with some one. However I hope this gives you an idea at least of what running in the case of the MRX-3 a 25T pulley and on the MTX-3 an overdrive pulley does and why it does it.

Regarding the belt stripping you probably have an overdrive chart for the car. If so then looking at it you should be running about a 9.5mm split. With anly a 6mm split you are running a massive amount of front overdrive (basicaly off of the chart that I have). Try running something like 74/64.5 which gives you a ratio of 1.004 to start. Also try running a couple of washers or shims under the mid bearing block to raise the pulley which should tighten the belt a little."

I've been schooled...
Old 06-04-2003, 07:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Manticore
i run #7 plug with 30% and I think it is ok to run your engine with #6 as 20% nitro doesnt draw as much RPM as 30% nitro. however, you need follow the factory instruction on head shim.

Cartman mentioned about how to avoid the tank from leaking. He said around the fuel tank area on the upper deck, there are 2 round edge which could cause fuel tank leakage when crash. you might want to file the round edge by 0.5mm (YES 0.5mm) to give more clearance for the fuel tank when crash.

as for mending of a leaking fuel tank, use a soldering iron to do the job.
Thanks heaps manti, u know your shit

I asked rody on the RB forums and he said with 20% it should be fine to not add a shim but if i wanted to go to 25% i would need a head shim

and i will remember when im building the kit to do that little fix so i dont bust the tank
Old 06-04-2003, 07:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by RClover
that's what i usually recommend to rookies in the rookies' tread!
there are endless information about car setup on internet.

there is another good site that gives excellent car setup information here
Old 06-04-2003, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

PMT
Good stuff bro. I learn something new every day. everybody's got a niche.

Ron Rosetti
Thanks for the 411 on precambering the other night. It was priceless dude. I owe ya!

Last edited by Motorman; 06-04-2003 at 09:14 PM.
Old 06-04-2003, 08:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here a thought.... If I can get PMT to set up my car, Dennis to tune my motor and Kevin to paint my body...

Manticore.

While it's true info is out there...PMT seem to have a way to make basic info basic...

RCLover

I guess your line of thinking would make Salven a rookie also... btw. where do you race at?

Kevin

Thanks bro... and if you got schooled... I know a lot of people have as well... whether they want to admit it or not.
Old 06-04-2003, 08:58 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Jonathan

Manticore.

While it's true info is out there...PMT seem to have a way to make basic info basic...

oh really?
Old 06-04-2003, 09:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Initial D

Thanks Bud. My son is verrry coool. I'm very blessed.

Roger

Cool man... Are you going to the McCoy race?

Sparsky

Yeah....He was born on Chinese New Year's Day!!!

Thanks guys
Old 06-04-2003, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Manticore, PMT, KevinK2, and other mugenist: Just wanna thank all of you for all good advise on the MTX-3. I've learned alot just by reading some of the information that you guys post here. Again, thanks.

TBR: Dude, I love that avitar; Michael Jackson's smoooth criminal. Thats hella funny Where did you find that ??
Old 06-04-2003, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally posted by Jonathan
Initial D

Thanks Bud. My son is verrry coool. I'm very blessed.

Roger

Cool man... Are you going to the McCoy race?

Sparsky

Yeah....He was born on Chinese New Year's Day!!!

Thanks guys
I really wanna go to the McCoy race but I've got plans already for that weekend. I know that York is going this weekend to get some track time. As for me, i'll have to wait for the nats.
Old 06-04-2003, 09:06 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Roger
Manticore, PMT, KevinK2, and other mugenist: Just wanna thank all of you for all good advise on the MTX-3. I've learned alot just by reading some of the information that you guys post here. Again, thanks.

TBR: Dude, I love that avitar; Michael Jackson's smoooth criminal. Thats hella funny Where did you find that ??
Hi Roger !
Old 06-04-2003, 09:09 PM
TBR
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Roger

My mate just emailed it to me I think its pretty funny too.
Old 06-04-2003, 09:16 PM
PMT
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Motorman
PMT
Good stuff bro. I learn something new every day. everybody's got a niche.
Thanks Motorman, I'm getting ready to start working on engines soon Just kiding, I think that I will leave that to you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.