Mugen MTX-3

Old 02-04-2003, 10:33 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: pinions

Originally posted by JUN
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

It seems manticore has the low down on everything,i guess i better star buying them up if i can find them also for my future mtx3.
cold hard facts are pissing !
Old 02-04-2003, 10:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by JUN
Corse-R what is (żDavid? )

I guess i just like buying as many hopups as i can and those racing Jack pinions sound very durable.when i get my mtx3 i'll be running it stock for a while so i can see the difference between it and the mtx2.Now all i want to see is Kenji Osaka kick Michael Salven's ass at the winternats. (sorry michael)
He probably thought you were David Jun! he he
Old 02-04-2003, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by JUN
Corse-R what is (żDavid? )

I guess i just like buying as many hopups as i can and those racing Jack pinions sound very durable.when i get my mtx3 i'll be running it stock for a while so i can see the difference between it and the mtx2.Now all i want to see is Kenji Osaka kick Michael Salven's ass at the winternats. (sorry michael)
David Jun is one Tamiya official drivers, so your login screen name is JUN I added the David... <j/k>

Ah10 has posted photos of their car and Manticore too, you can bolt as many hop ups as you want, but I warn you, this car is a serious machine (as almost all others) and the best hop up is practice and know how responds your car to different setups.

Some parts may help you, lightweight transmission parts helps you to put more power on the ground and with less inertia, so your engine is more responsive (but needs to have a grasp tunning exhausts and carb adjustments). Harder parts helps you to have less chassis tweak on high force turns, but makes the car more responsive and sometimes twitchy and difficult to drive, be careful about hardening your car.

I consider pinions/spurs and belts as fungible goods (that needs replacing) and for what I've seen the stock pinions on Mugen are very durable (there's nothing on earth more stressing for pinions, spurs and belts than a 1/8 road scale car, and in this car, those parts are quite durable and with a fair price for it, so not worry about harder pinions, but it's up to you).

BTW: Michael Salven don't attend the Winternats, read it on snake pit website...
Old 02-04-2003, 11:00 PM
JUN
Tech Adept

david Jun,lol.

Last edited by JUN; 07-07-2003 at 07:05 PM.
Old 02-04-2003, 11:26 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Corse-R
BTW: Michael Salven don't attend the Winternats, read it on snake pit website...
He will be there but only competing in the 1/8 scale.
Old 02-05-2003, 12:10 AM
JUN
Tech Adept

Yep,i just read it and the snakes say he wants to concentrate on the 1-8 scale and the 950.

Last edited by JUN; 07-07-2003 at 07:07 PM.
Old 02-05-2003, 01:35 AM
JUN
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: pinions

Last edited by JUN; 07-07-2003 at 07:08 PM.
Old 02-06-2003, 03:22 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up Body holders that don't scratch paint on bodies

Some time ago on a photo of their car posted by Cartman I saw a little detail that seems that not many people caught on it. Saw some body holders that didn't came on the stock kit. Liked the idea and went for some parts to make it possible on my car.

Improved the idea adding to the body holders (have some lying here from a Thunder Tiger) a piece of foam pad (Losi part. Foam battery holder) to protect the paint.

Sometimes a little of 'bricolage' on our cars are the little things that makes the difference. Here's the result.

BTW: On the photo is present a little score on the front belt. All my belts start like this and time after all the external coat disappears. Anyone is experiencing the same?
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-3-bodyholder.jpg  
Old 02-06-2003, 03:46 AM
acs
Tech Adept

Mugen have released a new 4mm chassis.

Take a look at their "Whats New" section.

Mugen website
Old 02-06-2003, 04:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by acs
Mugen have released a new 4mm chassis.

Take a look at their "Whats New" section.
Wow! pretty chassis, but would be quite expensive.... knowing the price of universals here at Spain (60Euros for a pair), chassis would skyrocket their price...

For the next time much probably I'll order a chassis after testing the aluminium parts that I've just ordered (Jomico: wake up! want one to pair my MRX3 chasis.... it's massive).
Old 02-06-2003, 07:02 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Kenji not driving 1/8th scale?

Originally posted by JUN
Yep,i just read it and the snakes say he wants to concentrate on the 1-8 scale and the 950.He'll probably have some problems with that weird radio or maybe the fuel tank or something else(what's it going to be this time mike?).Serpent probably think it's make or break this time in the 8 scale after what happened at the world's in sydney and then the whole veteq disaster.If salven can pull it off it'll be big,but i think our man osaka will do it.Kenji seems on fire with the mrx3 and imagine a victory also in the 200mm,can you say DOMINATION!!!
I just read at the mugenseiki.com website that Kenji Osaka will be driving only for 1/10 touring class (MTX-3) and Masao Tanaka and Keisuke Fukuda will drive the 1/8 (MRX-3). Well, that is if I understood the translation well... So much of domination and revenge
Old 02-06-2003, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Kenji not driving 1/8th scale?

Originally posted by InitialD
I just read at the mugenseiki.com website that Kenji Osaka will be driving only for 1/10 touring class (MTX-3) and Masao Tanaka and Keisuke Fukuda will drive the 1/8 (MRX-3). Well, that is if I understood the translation well... So much of domination and revenge
Uhm.... may I suggest lots of vaseline and some lidocaine for the pain? Seriously. I've been watching several times to Michael Salven driving and is a good driver, but sometimes it shutoffs their brain for some 1/100th of second and the result is weird acting for what we expect for a pilot of their name.... (can be that is turning too old? ) is those kind of pilot that can do all or nothing...
Old 02-06-2003, 07:12 AM
JUN
Tech Adept

Default WHAT

Where did you read that Initial D?

Last edited by JUN; 07-07-2003 at 07:10 PM.
Old 02-06-2003, 07:23 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Conspiracy? No, it's politics...

I read it at mugenseiki.com.

Anyway, Jun, I think you may be right. Whatever results or whichever the way the crown goes to at the Winternats (assuming both compete in the same category), the results would be bad for either Mugen or Serpent. So probably, either sides do not want to take chances... There's so much at stake business wise.

So I think both probably agreed to leave till the WC which would be somewhere at the end of the year. Business would be less affected by then as the new business directions / objectives looms in the following year.
Old 02-06-2003, 07:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

chassis pic.
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-3-t0407.jpg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.