Wiki Posts
Search

Bodies

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 05:51 PM
Jye
Tech Regular

Default Bodies

Are the stratus bodies basically the only body used in cometition? I been looking around and it seems almost everything points to this being true. This is a big turn off for me :/
Old 06-29-2005, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jye
Are the stratus bodies basically the only body used in cometition? I been looking around and it seems almost everything points to this being true. This is a big turn off for me :/
Actually, I have found the Mazda 6 to be more popular. I have run those two as well as the Cadillac and I like the Mazda and Caddy. The Stratus seemed unsettled compared to the other two.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

your not looking hard enough..
Old 06-29-2005, 07:01 PM
Jye
Tech Regular

i meant to mention the mazda body also. Bascially, if me engine and car and radio equipment are up to par with everyone else's on the track, will my body make alot of diffrence. I dont mean using a truck body or something but i like the hpi nsx for a track body, how would that fare?
Old 06-29-2005, 07:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jye
i meant to mention the mazda body also. Bascially, if me engine and car and radio equipment are up to par with everyone else's on the track, will my body make alot of diffrence. I dont mean using a truck body or something but i like the hpi nsx for a track body, how would that fare?
The body does make a noticeable difference in the way the car handles. Locally the Mazda 6 and Alfa Romeo are most popular.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

The Protoform Mazda 6 is VERY popular here.........the Kawahara ZAC Mazda 6 bodies look awesome though
Old 06-30-2005, 08:10 AM
Tech Addict

I will never understand how a stratus body can out handle an NSX body...I know that they would race in 2 different classes...but still I hear that they are the best...
Old 07-02-2005, 03:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jhigga15
I will never understand how a stratus body can out handle an NSX body...I know that they would race in 2 different classes...but still I hear that they are the best...
You can scale down a car, but you can't scale down air. You have to consider the amount of air scoopage "race" type bodies' (Stratus, Mazda, Alfa etc.) rear spoilers have to allow for sufficient rear down force (stability). Even though the RC NSX body has a lower-profile, wedgier front end compared to an Alfa, the more vertical nose, along with the windshield's placement and angle, will definitely give the Alfa more low-speed traction through the turns.

Sometimes a dialed car can be fine tuned just by changing the body. But if your car isn't set-up & tweaked right for your track, which ever body you use may not even matter. Just give it a shot. The times are better now. Before the Stratus was the only choice ... but it worked.
Old 07-03-2005, 05:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Stratis myth

It still kicks my ass to think some one looked at a dodge Stratis and thought Heyyyy that would make a cool looking race car . That's why all the body makers including my self had to alter the looks of it to make it appealing. I Hate putting rear doors on a race car. And I musthave built ten molds befor I was happy with the way it looked but I overdid it a little
Attached Thumbnails Bodies-car-pics-064.jpg  
Old 07-03-2005, 11:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

actuall the Dodge stratus is a very successful SCCA road car (class 3 comp) and that may have had some influence on why someone chose it for an RC body. the reason it's successful in SCCA is because Dodge has the largest contingency backed sponsorships in any event on any level. a lot of people don't think of dodge neons as race cars either but they dominate class C even to this day. some things are just weird like that
Old 07-03-2005, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

the reason the stratus body was successful right from the orig. version is because of the cars cab forward design.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default OK enough is enough!!!

I can't look at this thread with a straight face That SCCA class of racing is like steeling your moms Toyota ,Taking off the hubcaps, tape a number on it and claiming it's a race car!!! Real race cars are built from the ground up to be a race car. They DON"T have 4 doors ... ANNNND I hate to burst anyones bubble but the Dodge Stratis RC body is NOT the best body . It's not even in the top 5 as far as aerodynamics Drag vrs. downforce. That said I use to think it was the best one too and that's why I used it to test my D/H-1 against when I built it . I think Protoform has the best Stratis body but letsface it .It resembles a Stratis kind of. Go down to your local drag strip and find a Dodge Stratis prostock look under the hood . you won't see a Neon engine or check out a NASCAR event there isn't one part off a Stratis that will fit on a street Stratis
Attached Thumbnails Bodies-imga0464.jpg  
Old 07-05-2005, 02:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by HELLION
They DON"T have 4 doors

Not to burst any bubbles here... but some real race cars have 4 doors.

Old 07-05-2005, 03:44 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sparksy
Not to burst any bubbles here... but some real race cars have 4 doors.

I can only see one race car in those pics.......the blue one with Pirtek on the bonnet, almost can't see it because one of those red shopping trollies is in the way
Old 07-05-2005, 03:55 AM
Tech Adept

Real race cars have no doors.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.