Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
When's the next 200mm ic ifmar or FEMA race? >

When's the next 200mm ic ifmar or FEMA race?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When's the next 200mm ic ifmar or FEMA race?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 12:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by HHH
Latest 100% unconfirmed gossip is that it's not China, not Malaysia, but the new Huge covered RC track near Bangkok.

Can race any month with a roof overhead.
would be a nice option for me if held on controlled tires.
setup will be very different anyway to what we are used to
at least you will be sure not to spend money on an event and
not racing because of rain.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thilo-alexander
would be a nice option for me if held on controlled tires.
setup will be very different anyway to what we are used to
at least you will be sure not to spend money on an event and
not racing because of rain.
I agree on the rain part,if there are no leaks in the roofing and sidings
Old 11-21-2013, 08:02 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by HHH
This is a very positive attitude GPXJOE which is nice to see!

In addition to your mom's approval you also should talk to your RC Club that is the member of FEMCA in the Philippines. You will need to enter/register for the WC via your country's FEMCA representative/group.
Yes the local club director is in charge of registering for us racers.we know that part. We just need to make sure that we register fast enough,which is why I'm wondering why the venue is taking too long to confirm. Thanks HHH
Old 11-23-2013, 11:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Any news guys? Looking forward to hearing the venue is Huge RC!
Old 11-29-2013, 10:26 PM
Tech Addict

No news on my end. Tick tock tick tock...
Old 11-30-2013, 03:34 AM
HHH
Tech Regular

To me this says IFMAR is having issues that are big and not good. Not one 2014 race confirmed/posted on their website by Dec 1. Disappointing but scary too. What if no ifmar? What if countries and blocks cannot get along and decide on events even though we are really just playing with toys/models.

Also strange is that even though RC is gaining in popularity and/or declining in popularity in various countries no one seems to know why. There is lots of speculation but you'd think the businesses would know the levers to pull to drive their business.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:58 PM
Tech Elite

Any good news guys?? I wanna attend but need to know early to sort out my program for next year with work and other commitments etc! Need to know soon!
Old 12-07-2013, 02:42 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dan_vector
Any good news guys?? I wanna attend but need to know early to sort out my program for next year with work and other commitments etc! Need to know soon!
I second that motion. How about Singapore or Australia so that we can call it a day. Anywhere,i don't care hehe
Old 12-07-2013, 04:06 PM
Tech Elite

Default Hint!

Originally Posted by GPXJOE
I second that motion. How about Singapore or Australia so that we can call it a day. Anywhere,i don't care hehe
..oÔ¿Ôo..

Our track is scheduled for a resurface this year, NSW is the fastest track and still sweet, Victoriia was resurfaced a year ago all three capable... TAKE YOUR PICK!!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:00 AM
Tech Addict

The kepong Malaysia track looks BEAUTIFUL! I wonder if the track owner applied to ifmar/femca
Old 12-21-2013, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

The kepong Malaysia track looks BEAUTIFUL! I wonder if the track owner applied to ifmar/femca
they tried but don't know yet,actually the track own by the state government.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Anywhere Thailand, Malaysia area would suit me very well but I need to know soon so that I can arrange my work life around it. So many people will be in the same situation. IFMAR should at least inform us of the short list of tracks which they must have by now!
Old 12-22-2013, 03:20 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dan_vector
Anywhere Thailand, Malaysia area would suit me very well but I need to know soon so that I can arrange my work life around it. So many people will be in the same situation. IFMAR should at least inform us of the short list of tracks which they must have by now!
not just that, the hotels and airfare is cheaper if bought way in advance. but the later we wait, the more expensive it becomes.

by the way, if you're coming from south east asia to asia, www.cebupacificair.com is one of the cheapest in the asia world for airfare.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

not just that, the hotels and airfare is cheaper if bought way in advance. but the later we wait, the more expensive it becomes.

by the way, if you're coming from south east asia to asia, www.cebupacificair.com is one of the cheapest in the asia world for airfare.
True!! I hadn't taken that into consideration actually but you are totally right. I'm going to Bangkok in February for TITC with a friend and I booked my flight first and a week later he booked his on exactly the same flights and his was around 15% more in only 1 week! I'll be coming from the Middle East by the way. I am originally from the UK but currently working in Oman for a couple of years.

I just can't believe it is so quiet on the subject. I mean total silence - no sound rumours or anything! There must be issues...
Old 12-23-2013, 04:38 AM
Tech Addict

Let's give femca ifmar famar the patience I think they also deserve. Because they have to make the right decision. A late but more correct decision is better than a wrong decision that's fast,in my opinion at least.

But the "lateness" of this is costing me around 20dollars a month due to airefare increase in prices the later I buy. Hehehe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.