RULES & REGULATIONS
7th PACIFIC CUP LIMA - PERU March 7 – 9, 2014
RULES & REGULATIONS 1/8 NITRO GT
1. – Car:
Any 1/8 and 1/7th scale car, with shaft transmission system, manufactured originally as a GT car for this category, or derived or converted from an off-road model car (Buggy or Truggy), provided that they are with shaft transmission. Models with belt transmission systems are not allowed.
• Maximum length (includes Body): 730mm.
• Maximum width (includes Body): 336mm.
• Wheelbase: From 270mm to 361mm.
• Width to outside of wheels : 310mm .
• Maximum height: 300mm measured from the floor (with the suspension fully compressed) to the highest point (excluding the receiving antenna of the radio).
• Minimum weight: 3500grs. (Including battery and transponder, without fuel)
2. – Chassis:
Only Aluminum commercially available chassis with or without front kick-up. Carbon fiber or other composite material chassis are not allowed.
Only engines from .21 ci (3.5cc) to .28 ci (4.6cc) which their retail list price on the international market does not exceed U.S. $ 300.00.
• Engines must be single - cylinder, two (02) strokes, normally aspirated, and air-cooled glow ignition type using Standard or Turbo plugs.
• No forced vacuum systems, liquid cooling systems, and carburetor pressurization systems (other than through the exhaust pressure applied directly to the tank of the vehicle).
• Any carburetor may be used, provided they keep a mandatory Venturi ( restrictor ) of 7.00 mm maximum diameter only (not allowed another lesser extent )
• May have a maximum of nine ( 09) ports, including the exhaust port (seen with the piston at its lowest position).
• No additional holes in the piston.
• It is not allowed the use of ceramic material in any part of the engine, except in the bearings.
• The internal engine modifications are not allowed. Engine should always be kept 100 % original in design and dimensions according to the manufacturer specs.
• The use of the recoil (pull start) is optional and can be removed or overridden if desired.
4. - Body:
Any closed body type " Gran Turismo - GT" , commercially available in the market and that fits the definition of vehicles in GT racing categories in real life : ".... a car that has no more than one door at each side and at least two seats situated on either side of the longitudinal center line of the vehicle, capable of being used perfectly legal on the road and then adapted to competition in circuits or closed routes " (should look like a real life car that could be driven on the street with a passenger) .
•As a 4-door sedan, the only body allowed is Kyosho Audi A4 DTM
•The body must be cut in the manufacturer's line.
•Only the front side windows maybe cut.
•It is allowed to cut a 100mm hole (constant radius) between the front windshield and roof for ventilation and fuel tank access.
•It is allowed to totally cut the rear windshield.
•It is allowed to cut a 35mm hole in the roof for the plug heater.
•Spoilers: Only one rear spoiler may be used. The rear spoiler must be attached to the body (Body) and not to the chassis.
•No added piece that gives advantage for cooling purposes or aerodynamic advantage or to change the original dimensions is allowed.
•The engine cylinder head must not protrude from the Body.
•Car tires must not protrude from the Body, seen from above
5. – Gears: the use of a two (2) speed gear box is allowed.
6. - Radio and Servos:
No electronic aids such as gyroscopes or Drift Box, etc., neither the use of active telemetry during competition is allowed.
7. – Brakes:
Free in terms of quantity and material, provided they are in the transmission shaft line.
8. – Differentials:
Standard type (satellite and planetary system only). Center differential is not allowed nor Thorsen, TCD and One Way type differential in either axis.
9. – Clutches:
Only centrifugal action 2, 3 and 4 legs clutches are allowed. They can be adjustable or non-adjustable. The use of Centrifugal – Axial push type clutch (Centax) is not allowed. The material of the legs is free.
10. - Fuel Tank:
The total tank capacity including filter and hoses should be maximum 150cc. Loose objects are not allowed inside the tank to comply with aforementioned capacity.
11. - Mufflers and Pipes:
Any pipe and header combination for motors from .21 to .28 are allowed.
12. - Tires and Rims:
Only the use of tires that have been manufactured specifically for GT class and / or Rally Game 1/8 or 1/7th scale, and that otherwise complies with the following specs and features are allowed:
• Rubber, both natural and synthetic tires only . It is expressly forbidden to use foam tires.
• All tires must be black with the exception of side letters, which can be colored.
• The maximum width of the tire is 45 mm.
• Rims must have a minimum diameter of 75 mm and maximum 85 mm.
The rim - tire set must not exceed a maximum diameter of 110 mm.
• The minimum diameter of a tire set at any time during the race is 85mm.
• No traction additive applications to try to increase tire traction are allowed, either pasting them outside or applying them inside out.
13. – Fuel: The fuel must have a maximum of 25% Nitro.
The following additives are strictly prohibited: Hydrazine 8N2H4), Hydrogen Peroxide, Toluene Propylene Oxide. Random test can be performed (at the discretion of the organization) without notice in the course of the competition.
RULES & REGULATIONS 1/10 NITRO Touring 200mm
All IFMAR World Cup rules & regulations apply in this class