Wiki Posts
Search

IGT8F - International GT8 Federation

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris K
Well, I guess the die is cast for 2014 - new, fancy Kyosho grey chassis with some form of 'improved steering' in a long wheelbase version has been purchased! Since my shorty car needs to be completely torn down and checked after a recent outing, might as well make it long at the same time!

Sooooo, what's the consensus for long wheelbase GOOD HANDLING bodies for the new spec class??? Something in a I______a??? or is there something that looks a bit more like a GT car???

Time to begin assessing the damage!
The Kyosho Corvette, Ceptor, and Mclaren all handle very nicely! But those bodies that Mantis gets do look very tempting! I'd be interested in trying one out for sure!
Old 11-01-2013, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I opted for the Ceptor - which would appear to meet all rules/standards for IGT8F Spec racing. I also have a somewhat used but salvageable Kyosho Mclaren body that will probably end up looking presentable so I think I'm good to go!

Thanks for your help!
Old 11-01-2013, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chris K
I opted for the Ceptor - which would appear to meet all rules/standards for IGT8F Spec racing. I also have a somewhat used but salvageable Kyosho Mclaren body that will probably end up looking presentable so I think I'm good to go!

Thanks for your help!
Great stuff Chris.
Just a little work to do then?

BM
Old 11-01-2013, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Yeah, compared to what I brought back from Lincoln a few weeks ago it's almost in showroom condition!
Old 11-01-2013, 09:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default body type ?

for the past couple years I've been using the warrior bodies, as you can see in my trophy pic. according to the Roar rules with that body be considered "illegal". as well as the impanema wide rear tires. just wanted some clarification for these questions before I go any further, the answer would be greatly appreciated
Old 11-01-2013, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by djmorales
for the past couple years I've been using the warrior bodies, as you can see in my trophy pic. according to the Roar rules with that body be considered "illegal". as well as the impanema wide rear tires. just wanted some clarification for these questions before I go any further, the answer would be greatly appreciated
Wrong thread DJ

I can't answer for ROAR....

But can answer for IGT8F, any Impanema product (Body or Tire) is ALLOWED in the IGT8F OPEN /PRO CLASS.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by djmorales
The Ipanema tires (wide ones) are 47mm so they are legal for ROAR. The body of the Warrior as far as I know is legal until ROAR say its ilegal. I would worry too much on that at the moment. But for IGT8F rules its different. If you want to know about those products being legal for IGT8F races then this is the right thread and Tony or the others can answer.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:13 AM
Tech Master

Default Race#1 On Road Winter Series @Gulf Coast Raceway (Mikes Hobby)

First I want Thank everyone that helped get the track ready after all the rain. There is no way we would have had such a great time without your support and effort.

All I can and want to say is, it was a total BLAST!!

Watching Marcus Jr(8) & Blake(11) go at it on the track was a complete joy and confirmed my passion as why I am doing all of this.
These two Junior racers were putting down some impressive lap times and the racing was very close the whole time. I think they hit less flappers and boards, then most of the Open/Pro drivers myself included, LOL!

Here is a short video of the future of RC and the new Class for IGT8F. *******IGT8F "Junior" Class********

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoxX...e_gdata_player

The few pics I took and the results.

Last edited by tonylunatic; 11-05-2013 at 06:15 AM.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:06 AM
Tech Regular

SO IMPRESSED WITH THE DRIVING SKILL OF THE BOYS !! AND MARCUS'S SON IS ONLY 8 ? WOW !!
Old 11-05-2013, 09:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Yb2fast
SO IMPRESSED WITH THE DRIVING SKILL OF THE BOYS !! AND MARCUS'S SON IS ONLY 8 ? WOW !!
This was his first nitro race and about the 5th tank ever! he has alrady finished more races than i have
Old 11-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Keep up the good work guys. Great job guys!!!
Old 11-06-2013, 05:19 AM
Tech Master

Default New IGT8F "Junior" Class

After this past Sundays Winter Series Race and getting feedback from racers and new prospects, we have decided to Officially announce the New Edition of the "Junior" Class to IGT8F.

This class will work in conjuction with our current "SPEC" Class but is designed for Racers 12yrs and under ONLY.

The difference in the "Junior" Class it will now be:

-OPEN: Car/Chassis; still has to be a GT8 car but Short, Long, 1/8 or 1/7 or conversion will be ALLOWED.

-OPEN : Motor; Any .21-.28 or RTR/Pull Start will be ALLOWED.

The IGT8F "SPEC" Class will remain as posted for 12 and older.
Or until a "Junior" racer has Placed Top 3 on Podium in more the 4 occasions. Then He or She will be Graduated given an Award and a Certificate of Achievement by IGT8F and now has the option to run full "SPEC" or "OPEN/PRO" in any event.
(Btw these young RACERS can drive)

**RACE FORMAT BY LAW**
In a Race event each class "SPEC" & "Junior" must have a minimum of 6 entries to run in separate heats and mains.
In the event the entry minimum is not met, both "Junior" & "SPEC" will run together. The Rules to each class will still remain as Posted per Class.

As an added BONUS to help bring our young Racers out to race.
IGT8F entry fees to Series and or Sponsored/Affiliated events are 50% less for "Junior" Class Racers.

Our current Winter Series entry fee is only $10 per class, so "Junior" Class racers would be $5.

The Gulf Coast-Raceway GRAND PRIX November 22-24th 2013 will also include this new "Junior" Class. Entry to this event will be posted and on RcSign Up in the next 48hrs.

Last edited by tonylunatic; 11-06-2013 at 05:48 AM.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This is a GREAT idea! After seeing those two boys run this past Sunday everyone better watch out. THOSE KIDS CAN DRIVE!! Won't be long before they're bangin the rear bumper on all the Pro's.

Last edited by RoketRdr; 11-06-2013 at 07:36 AM.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Tony,

I think the Jr spec class is a fantastic idea!

In fact, I would like to pay the entry fee for (4) Jr racers for the next IGT8F scheduled race!

Please pm me with the paypal info.

-Jon
Old 11-06-2013, 09:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by burgboyz
Tony,

I think the Jr spec class is a fantastic idea!

In fact, I would like to pay the entry fee for (4) Jr racers for the next IGT8F scheduled race!

Please pm me with the paypal info.

-Jon
Wow man, thats really awesome!!
I am trying to draft as many kids as i can to get out to the next one. My son races Karts in a league , last night at the season finale i brought out my GT8 to get some interest going and a few of them should make it out for the next one. AS soon as my kid gets quick enough to compete in the open class I will probably retire, I had more fun pitting for him and watching the kids drive than anything else! i cant wait until we get a full heat of them, its going to be crazy!! As it looks now I think I am going to bring him to Joliet with me next year and see how he does with the big boys!!

If you look at the race results he was only 1.5 seconds from the same lap count as the B main winner! If had my car he would have been much quicker!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.