CVEC is under new ownership, here is CVEC's R40

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CVEC is under new ownership, here is CVEC's R40

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 07:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yep I had just found the forum a few days ago. My mtx-3 should be here monday or atleast before I leave. Now I just want to sell this Impulse.......
Old 07-24-2005, 08:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wow, raced in Daytona last night. The car was awesome. Finished 2nd, but it was the driver, not the car that kept me out of 1st.

I didn't run the R40, I ran the Prospec MTX3 with a Mugen X12 engine with the CVEC RS120TLC.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastharry
this would be the place to go for a victory dinner....

http://www.hyssteakhousehawaii.com/

I was there 15 years ago..and still remember it as one of the best places I've ever eaten......

try the cheese bread.....

safe trip....
Sooo...fastharry when are you coming back to Hawaii? Bring your car!
Old 07-24-2005, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jea3
Wow, raced in Daytona last night. The car was awesome. Finished 2nd, but it was the driver, not the car that kept me out of 1st.

I didn't run the R40, I ran the Prospec MTX3 with a Mugen X12 engine with the CVEC RS120TLC.
by any chance, do you remember who got first?
Old 07-25-2005, 01:22 PM
Tech Regular

Hey FastHarry any reviews of the cvec pipe? I'm seriously considering picking one up but have yet to hear any reviews about the pipe (no offense but I always take the manufactuers claims with a grain of salt.) seen a few blurbs here and there but nothing even remotely in depth. if it's even half as strong as the claims i'm sold seeing as how I always seem to find the hacks on the track and i'm tired of bent stingers.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:10 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by regg151
Hey FastHarry any reviews of the cvec pipe? I'm seriously considering picking one up but have yet to hear any reviews about the pipe (no offense but I always take the manufactuers claims with a grain of salt.) seen a few blurbs here and there but nothing even remotely in depth. if it's even half as strong as the claims i'm sold seeing as how I always seem to find the hacks on the track and i'm tired of bent stingers.
Joe, this would be where you chime in..... Because I'm a battery powered guy that just happens to have CVEC sponsorship for tools, he probably wouldn't take my word on how solid the pipes are either. "Taking the manufacturers claims with a grain of salt" may not always be the best practice The pipes are strong, trust me. Maybe Joe will explain more in depth about how the pipe is manufactured....that's where all the difference in strength comes from. Regardless, if you want bent stingers to no longer be a worry, then CVEC is who you want to manufacture your pipe. Then you'll have one less reason to hate those who have more horsepower than their skills can manage....the seemingly endless supply of hacks!
Old 07-25-2005, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Smile Love that CVEC

I thought I did post a review...maybe in the HPI and OS engine threads..

I ran the pipe 2 weeks ago..and absolutely loved it......real nice power band....and alot more low end......

towards the end of the night,the car started chattering.........turns out the clutch nut broke......and stripped the crank threads.....so since RB has no cranks in stock,I just picked up another engine(3 port turbo)..RB...

I spent last tues breaking the engine in......So I'll see how the pipe runs again tommorow night.........

BTW,in 2 weeks of racing,the stinger does have some scraped on it...but NO sign of bending....
Old 07-25-2005, 09:57 PM
Tech Regular

thanks for the review fastharry.

I've been doing this for quite a few years and have been had by a few claims of one thing or another so I tend to be a bit skeptical of manufactuers claims, nothing against you guys just that i'm a bit jaded when it comes to these things.

I don't have an unlimited budget to spend on my nitro addiction so I like to get as much info as possible from as many sources as possible before I make a purchase, I'd much rather get it right the first time then get it wrong and have to use it until I can justify the cost of replacing it with something better.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:50 AM
Tech Addict

Well, our RS120TLC pipe is the one that meets ROAR requirements with a 5mm ID stinger. The stinger wall is .0535, and the pipe itself is .030'' thick. It is strong enough, that I can stand on it. I wouldn't recommend doing that, but I can. And I'm not a little guy, I weigh 210 lbs.

All the pipes are CNC from a solid bar of aluminum.

If you have a hard time finding the pipes, call us direct at 800 529-1919

Ask your local hobby shops to stock them. We make JATO and REVO pipes that are selling like hot cakes.

We are located in Melbourne, Florida, and our hours are 8am - 4pm M-F EST.

Thanks Scotty, and Harry for helping me out...

Joe
Old 07-26-2005, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up to CVEC....

with all the junk on the market....(not just RC stuff).....its nice to buy a product where you feel like you got your moneys worth........

GODSPEED to the crew of Discovery..

Last edited by fastharry™; 07-26-2005 at 01:02 PM.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:06 AM
Tech Addict

Nice thing about CVEC being in Brevard county, we just go outside to watch the Shuttle go off... Was nice seeing them get that bird off the ground again. God bless Discovery and crew.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:14 PM
Tech Regular

ok just wondering witch pipe is this I found it posted on page one

also while rereading this thread I saw mention of a pipe that wasn't available at the time is this pipe currently on the market? I considering getting one but want to make sure it's the right pipe for my application.
I'm looking for a pipe for my R40 running a MT-12 or an OS-TZ3port.
just looking for what pipes are avialable now and whats about to be released.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:51 AM
Tech Addict

That is the RS120TLC, which is the pipe that meets ROAR requirements. That pipe will work good for those engines. The pipe that we are waiting on, is more for a mid-range - top end pipe. We are still in design stage on that. We hoped to have it for next weekends race, but we are delayed with it, due to the success of the JATO and REVO pipes.

I've been running the RS150TLC on the parking lot type of races, with a 140 foot straights. The RS120TLC is the same pipe, but with a 5mm ID stinger, and runs as good, but I'm looking for every little bit I can get, against JP's with outlaw pipes on these little tracks. I'm still running an all stock Mugen X12 engine, with our first outlaw or "open" pipe that meets ROAR requirements. We will make an all outlaw pipe soon, with a 6mm stinger for the higher horsepower engines.

We are now working on the new Savage 4.6SS pipe now, and our first big block pipe for the REVO and TMaxx.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

Do you sell the stingers seperatly? How about interchangable stingers so you can switch between for power or mileage? That way if you get say 3 different I.D. stingers you could try different setups.
Old 07-30-2005, 06:33 AM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Joe, anymore progress on the hand tools or are you guys just too busy with the demand on the new JATO and REVO pipes? Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.