Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CVEC is under new ownership, here is CVEC's R40

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Awesome, I always remember CVEC as it was "the" pipe to have back in the old hpi days. After a short 3-4 year leave of the hobby I came back , picked up the pace and got a pro car.

Then bam a few months after my car purchase and parts. I goto a race, found out my battery was dead after staying up till 3am working on the car with it accidently on. A very helpful guy named Joe charged my car back up and got me out on the track.

Next thing I found out that very helpful guy is the owner of CVEC. Which makes me think. If the owner of a company can take time out to help the little guys. Then you know he is a "true dedicated enthusiast" thats commited to making this sport great.

The new pipe looks sweet. Glad to see legal versions coming out. Good luck Joe.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

AI i've done the same thing numerous times. It always seems to happen the day before I want to drive too .
Old 06-23-2005, 08:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I love racing. No matter what type it is. Hate to see a fellow racer having problems. Our sport / hobby needs to be fun for all. If your car has issues, you most likely aren't having fun, so I do what I can to help my fellow racers.

CVEC has really turned around since we took over. It is hard to sell a quility peice, when there is so much cheap junk on the market. Once more, most junk comes from over sea's. Our pipes are made here in the US, using the same type of machines NASCAR / NHRA racers use.

I personally polish every pipe that leaves the factory now. I don't trust anyone else to make sure that our quility is up, and that you guys get the best shine on a pipe that you can get.

Check out a CVEC pipe at your local hobby shop. If they don't have them, tell them to stock it. Can't hurt to have one or two in the shop. You can get them to order them with Great Planes or Horizon Hobby. We are looking at other distributors. We plan on making the IHobbyExpo, and we hope to make some big ROAR races this year.

Thanks all, and good luck on the racing.

Last edited by Jea3; 06-24-2005 at 05:20 AM.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:19 AM
Tech Adept

Wat size of the stinger does the pipe come with??? 5 , 6 , 7mm???
ANyone try it with OS TZ P5?
Old 06-24-2005, 05:19 AM
Tech Addict

The 120 series pipe has a 5mm stinger, as per "ROAR" rules. The 150 series pipe has a 5.2mm stinger, as per "ROAR" rules for the Open class, or what we like to call the outlaw class. That same 150 series pipe will work with stadium trucks in RPM form.

Keep the questions coming.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:25 AM
Tech Addict

I haven't tried it on the TZ motors yet, but I did run them on the OS-TR, Mugen X12, Novarossi NS3, Sirio EVO2, and a Orion Wasp .12 turbo.

I currently run the EVO2 from Sirio, and its been modified by Murnan. I have 6 gallons of fuel in it. It still runs strong, but since I race so often, I'll be updating the engine this month. Not sure what I'm going to run next, most likely a JP, or another Mugen?
Old 06-27-2005, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jea3
I haven't tried it on the TZ motors yet, but I did run them on the OS-TR, Mugen X12, Novarossi NS3, Sirio EVO2, and a Orion Wasp .12 turbo.

I currently run the EVO2 from Sirio, and its been modified by Murnan. I have 6 gallons of fuel in it. It still runs strong, but since I race so often, I'll be updating the engine this month. Not sure what I'm going to run next, most likely a JP, or another Mugen?

get an engine that the average guy can find,and afford.....this was we'll know its the CVEC behind the next R40 race win
Old 06-29-2005, 06:53 AM
Tech Addict

I went with a new Mugen X12 engine, and a new CVEC RS120TLC pipe.

hehehe, will see how it goes this weekend, race 2 of the summer points series at Superior Hobbies in Orlando....
Old 06-29-2005, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Is it a murnan modified? Is anyone else running this motor last month. All I know is last month there were some serious exhaust notes blowing by me when I was turn marshaling.

I keep hearing about the X12 is a screamer. Cant wait to finally see this thing in action.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Pipe is available to the public now, and is listed with Horizon Hobby and Great Planes. We've been shipping catalogs out to hobby shops accross the US as of last week.

Im searching at HorizonHobby and Towerhobbies (GP) and nothing appears ...
Old 06-29-2005, 09:10 AM
Tech Addict

This is the RPM one on Horizons site:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByC...ID=CVERS120RLC
Old 06-29-2005, 09:12 AM
Tech Addict

Horizon still does not have the torque one listed, in complete form.

The part number for a complete torque pipe will be, rs120tlc for the roar legal one, and rs150tlc for the roar outlaw class pipe. I use the rs150tlc myself, in the nitro expert classes in central Florida.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Horizon still does not have the torque one listed, in complete form.

The part number for a complete torque pipe will be, rs120tlc for the roar legal one, and rs150tlc for the roar outlaw class pipe. I use the rs150tlc myself, in the nitro expert classes in central Florida.

Thanks ! ...

Can you talk a little more about the pipe ? ... which changes did you noticed using it vs your prior pipe ? ...
Old 06-29-2005, 09:25 AM
Tech Addict

The very best thing I noticed when I ran the prototype ( I was a sponsored driver at first, now my family owns the company ) was how strong it is. Every bend a stinger? I haven't since running a CVEC pipe. This isn't a tin foil feeling pipe. This is all CNC machined, and polished. Very strong. I can stand on this pipe, and it will not bend. (though I wouldn't recommend doing that)

Second, is the torque it has. Very strong torque, and great mid-range, with top end to boot.

It does have a deeper sound to it, not louder, but deeper.

I hope to have some video of it soon (car at the races)..

Keep in mind, this is made in the USA, here in Florida.

Thanks all
Old 06-29-2005, 09:33 AM
Tech Addict

I do know 2 hobby shops that do have them in stock at the moment, and they should have great prices.

PnP Hobbies in Palm Bay, FL (brand new shop, no website yet) (321) 723-7318

Superior Hobbies in Orlando, FL (one of the best hobby shops in Florida) (407) 834-9299 or http://www.superiorhobbies.com

Check your local hobby shops, and ask them to stock CVEC parts.

Hobby Shops are welcomed to call us direct, or ask Horizon / GP to get those part numbers.

I will be updating our new website this week, but I've been so busy as of late.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.