Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Screwed by VR Mods

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 08:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Screwed by VR Mods

Hello, my name is Karl Criswell and I have been around remote control racing for over 20 years. I have raced electric and nitro r/c cars successfully for the past 10 years and feel I have a good bit of knowledge about them. In saying that I really feel it is my duty to write this post to warn all my fellow r/c racers out there about a certain Tim Taylor at VR Mods in or near Hondo, Texas. I am writing this to let all of you know that he is a chronic liar, a thief, knows absolutely nothing about motor modifying, and should not by any means be trusted what so ever. He totally screwed up 2 of my brand new high dollar motors and a brand new carburetor, plus he stole $100.00 from me which I will be soon taking him to small claims court over, and told me nothing but a bunch of lies and empty promises. Now I must say to any and all people that have had good success dealing with him, I am happy for you. But as for me, I am totally unsatisfied with how he treated me, totally unsatisfied in how he ruined my equipment, and will never ever do business with him again. I just feel the need to warn all of you as to his shady practices in dealing with me. I always give praise when it is due but on the other hand I will warn others when I have been screwed to keep the rest of you from the same misfortune. We pay a lot of money for our hobby equipment and anybody that cons us should be boycotted and shunned. People like Tim Taylor really hurts the hobby industry and gives it a bad name by turning people away from it after they’ve been screwed. If anyone would like more information as to what all he did to ruin my motors and carburetor or would like to discuss this matter, please feel free to email me anytime at [email protected]. Thank you and happy racing!
Old 06-19-2005, 09:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Sorry to hear about your bad experience Karl,

Tim is often screwing up big time, in fact, on a weekly basis, but usually only on his own equipment.
I'm both suprised and disgusted that he has started using his own "less than professional" techniques on other guys stuff, let alone charging for it.

But then again i would have thought anyone asking Tim Taylor to give your engines "More Power" would be asking for trouble

Ah Ah Ah Ahhhh

DC

P.S What he did to that lawnmower was funny though

P.P.S I'm not really helping am I

P.P.S Sorry couldnt resist
Old 06-20-2005, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Not much to do in Melbourne I guess.lol
Old 06-21-2005, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

what is vr mods' website address??
are they gone?
Old 06-21-2005, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs down

I know the feeling about being ripped off by VR Mods. I sent him a motor to mod back at the end of April. He told me the that the inner bearing had a little rust on it that he cleaned and that it was okay to use. It took him three weeks to get it back to me after he said it should take no more than a couple of days to do the mods and get it back to me for a series race I had. I assembled the motor upon return and tried to run it. The motor in question is a Sirio Evo 2. His mods shot the temps over 300 degrees and the inner bearing seized itself on the crank, shutting the motor down but not damaging the piston and rod. Upon calling him about what happened to the motor, he then changed the story and said that he told me to change the inner bearing before reassembling the motor. He then told me to send him back the motor and he would replace the bearings and retest the motor and return it to me at no charge. That was over a month ago. He has not responded to any of the emails that were sent to him. I requested to him just to send my motor back to me and I would fix it myself. He did call about two weeks ago and said that he would have it back to me by the Tuesday after Memorial Day. To this day, he still has not returned my motor to me. Now, I am one motor short and still will have to buy a new piston and sleeve if I ever get my motor back. Steer clear of this monkeya** moron and his empty promises and seeming shoddy work. Looks like I will have to take legal action against him as well.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:36 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com

sounds like a real jackass......and speaking of which.....I see Serpentfreak69 finally got suspended.....another loser...

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.p...light=kenchoco

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...ighlight=choco

he might be the biggest jackass of all time.....

Last edited by fastharry™; 06-27-2005 at 08:12 AM.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:51 AM
Tech Adept

hey nitro2go_racing, can you explain what exactly happen so that he screw you over?

all the top drivers here who race seriouse all use stock engines (p5's and s7's) or factory modified engines like JP.

Last edited by BigBadJabba; 07-18-2005 at 06:03 AM.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:57 PM
Tech Rookie

OK, for starters I sent Tim 2 motors to do. A brand new collari modified Sirio .12 5 port and a Sirio .21 PRO on-road with all new internal parts. When I got them back neither motor would hardly run. After inspecting them I found the crank and sleeve port timing to be so far out that it was a wonder they even cranked at all. I idled about half a quart through the .21 and the crank broke into at the back of the port where he had cut too shape of a radius in the corners. It had a brand new RB C5 carburetor that he beveled or tapered the bottom on to get it into the case that now slides out of any motor I try to put it in. The con rod was ruined when the crank broke. The sleeve cannot be used because of the butcher job he did on it as well as the case. He ruined the combustion chamber head by cutting slots or grooves in it. So really the only thing salvageable is the piston. As for the .12, nothing has broke in it yet but I attribute that to the fact that it won’t run. No matter what I do, I try to crank it and it floods. I even adjusted the needles down to a half turn out and it still spits fuel out the exhaust. Then as soon as you try to give it some gas, it floods out. I had the timing looked at by two other modifiers and both of them laughed when they saw the crank and sleeve. I had actually paid him for 4 mods and after getting these two motors back I requested my money back. He won't even return my phone calls or emails. He's had his home phone well actually his parents house (which should have been a clue) disconnected. In all, I have found that he know absolutely nothing about motor modifying, is a cheat, a thief, a liar, and a scam artist. All I got from him was 2 shiny paperweights and a lot of headaches.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:14 PM
Tech Adept

I have never heard of VR Mods........ I guess that is a good thing.

A peace of advice to give to all is do your research before dealing with anyone or anything on the World Wide Internet.

Old 06-26-2005, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nitro2go_racing
OK, for starters I sent Tim 2 motors to do. A brand new collari modified Sirio .12 5 port and a Sirio .21 PRO on-road with all new internal parts. When I got them back neither motor would hardly run. After inspecting them I found the crank and sleeve port timing to be so far out that it was a wonder they even cranked at all. I idled about half a quart through the .21 and the crank broke into at the back of the port where he had cut too shape of a radius in the corners. It had a brand new RB C5 carburetor that he beveled or tapered the bottom on to get it into the case that now slides out of any motor I try to put it in. The con rod was ruined when the crank broke. The sleeve cannot be used because of the butcher job he did on it as well as the case. He ruined the combustion chamber head by cutting slots or grooves in it. So really the only thing salvageable is the piston. As for the .12, nothing has broke in it yet but I attribute that to the fact that it won’t run. No matter what I do, I try to crank it and it floods. I even adjusted the needles down to a half turn out and it still spits fuel out the exhaust. Then as soon as you try to give it some gas, it floods out. I had the timing looked at by two other modifiers and both of them laughed when they saw the crank and sleeve. I had actually paid him for 4 mods and after getting these two motors back I requested my money back. He won't even return my phone calls or emails. He's had his home phone well actually his parents house (which should have been a clue) disconnected. In all, I have found that he know absolutely nothing about motor modifying, is a cheat, a thief, a liar, and a scam artist. All I got from him was 2 shiny paperweights and a lot of headaches.
Hi can you please put the picture what he did to your engine?
Old 06-26-2005, 11:33 PM
Tech Adept

that sounds absolutely awefull man... i feel for ya!
Old 06-27-2005, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Nitro2go,

At least you got your motors back. After testing mine and the bearing blew, he told me to send it back to him and he would replace the bearings and retest it. The mods he did raised the temps to a point to where the bearings seized up on the crank. I have yet to get my motor back from him. I have had numerous emails sent with no response. My last series of emails requested him to just send the motor back and I will replace the bearings and whatever else it needed. He won't respond back or even just sent me back my motor. So, I have nothing to hold down my papers, unlike you. Next time, I will deal with only reputable engine modder like Hottinger, Murman, etc. and pay the extra price for good work and service.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Sounds like hes due for a ass whoppin when he gets found.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:58 AM
Tech Adept

Thats why I stick with murnan modified moters he has the rep for being one of the best in the world. barry baker is a team driver for murnan modifieds so he has to be doing something right
Old 06-27-2005, 08:00 AM
Tech Adept

who is murnan? anywhere i can get mroe info? cheers

p.s how do you people come across vrmods? its wierd you will just send a motor to anyone, without recommendation from someone else

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.