Old 06-27-2005, 08:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

he is an engine modifier, very good. his webpage is www.murnanmodified.com
Old 06-27-2005, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastharry
sounds like a real jackass......and speaking of which.....I see Serpentfreak69 finally got suspended.....another loser...

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.p...light=kenchoco

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...ighlight=choco

he might be the biggest jackass of all time.....

i fixed the first link........read up on this loser....and be careful of your transactions.........
Old 06-27-2005, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BigBadJabba
who is murnan? anywhere i can get mroe info? cheers

p.s how do you people come across vrmods? its wierd you will just send a motor to anyone, without recommendation from someone else
I went on the recommendation of a friend that said this guys to good mod work. As I now see, it was my mistake and should have left well enough alone; at least I would still have my engine to run (in my R40). I have had to juggle motors around and still am one motor short that I have to replace (good excuse to get a Max Power or JP now). Hard lesson learned by me on this one. Reputable modders will be my ticket from now on.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Man.....I feel for you guys big time!! I recently sent him a bunch of motors as well , but have not had any problems as of now. I was referred over to him by the novarossi importer , and i beleive he did an awesome job on my motors. The whole time Tim had my motors , i kept in contact with him no problem , and i got exactlty what i paid for. I actually couldn't be happier with my motors. I know coming from your shoes......it has to SUCK BIG TIME!! I thought i was treated fairly and got my motors done to what i expected them to be. They we're a little slower on the turn around then what i wanted , but for me personally , i couldn't be happier.

BTW......The motor work done by http://www.murnanmodified.com looks awesome!! I'm gonna check into that site as well.

I feel bad for you guys who got the bad motor crap goin on. I had a good experience with VR MODS.

JEFFRO503
Old 07-25-2005, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Jeffro503,

Just consider yourself one of the few lucky ones. To this day, still nothing back from this creep and he still has my Sirio Evo 2. He no longer responds to any emails and has had his last listed number disconnected. To all fellow racers, keep on the lookout for this guy, Tim. He may try to resurface under another modus operendi. If someone from Texas offers to mod motors and is not EB Mods, be very leary and ask plenty of question and even get a reference check from reputable racers that have dealt with the modder.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JLock
Jeffro503,

Just consider yourself one of the few lucky ones. To this day, still nothing back from this creep and he still has my Sirio Evo 2. He no longer responds to any emails and has had his last listed number disconnected. To all fellow racers, keep on the lookout for this guy, Tim. He may try to resurface under another modus operendi. If someone from Texas offers to mod motors and is not EB Mods, be very leary and ask plenty of question and even get a reference check from reputable racers that have dealt with the modder.
Jeffro503,
can you not help JLOCK get in touch with this guy??? maybe they could workt things out.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Getting things in order...........

OK guys.........i myself have had a bad experience with Tim now , and am now doing something about it. JLOCK........i sent you a private message concerning what's going on. I made a few phone calls today to the "Hondo TX Police dept"..........and now have an inspector tracking Tim down. Can't say to much as of right now , will keep you guys posted on things when they are through.

JEFFRO503
Old 09-13-2005, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

he's in deep trouble now!
Old 09-13-2005, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BigBadJabba
who is murnan? anywhere i can get mroe info? cheers

p.s how do you people come across vrmods? its wierd you will just send a motor to anyone, without recommendation from someone else
I agree with JoeMugen, Uriah Murnan is a very good engine modder and also very helpful and reliable. I'm in the UK and ordered one of his modded X12, it came with an IFMAR modded crank and because this was a genuine mistake, he sent an EFRA legal one without questions and I returned the other one back. All business were done just via email ... on time, no hassles. Last but not least, when I blew out an engine during the recent European Championships, I plonked his engine is and it flew. I just wished I had his engine from the start during qualifying then I am certain that I would have qualified higher. One learns ....

NitroToGo, sorry to hear about your troubles ...
Old 09-14-2005, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Go with Murnan, his work looks like a factory mod at 1/2 the price.

And ALL his mods WORK, you'll have one of the best engines available, PERIOD.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Look down the page before....he has his own thread. "Murnan Modified Motors".
Old 09-14-2005, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i hope all those screwed by vrmods gets their money back. i can't believe vrmods would do such things to racers. i hope this experience serves as a lesson to not go to engine modders that are not well known and tested. there are a lot of dremel wanna be modders out there. i suggest going to more respectable modders like jp, murnan, or jim hottinger's hot mod from fusion motorsports.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez
i hope all those screwed by vrmods gets their money back. i can't believe vrmods would do such things to racers. i hope this experience serves as a lesson to not go to engine modders that are not well known and tested. there are a lot of dremel wanna be modders out there. i suggest going to more respectable modders like jp, murnan, or jim hottinger's hot mod from fusion motorsports.
You won't have to tell me this again!! I have learned a valuable lesson here and will tell anyone that Jo Gutierrez et. al. are preaching the gospel on this one. The only reason I went with this guy was because my former sponsor wanted to try this guy because he was impressed with what he saw on this guy's former website and believed the line of b.s. about what big name guys' engines he had modded. To show trust in my new sponsor at the time, I volunteered a motor to show the sponsor that I trusted him. Well, all of that backfired on me. This was a very hard pill for me to swallow. My former sponsor did give me an equivalent motor to replace the one that I was ripped off from VR Mods but it doesn't remove the fact that I was initially ripped off a very good Sirio Evo 2 motor and lost a sponsor over it.
Old 09-17-2005, 12:07 AM
Tech Champion

Try RBMods aka the grinder is good guy too.

https://rbmods.net/

Old 09-17-2005, 12:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JLock
I went on the recommendation of a friend that said this guys to good mod work. As I now see, it was my mistake and should have left well enough alone; at least I would still have my engine to run (in my R40). I have had to juggle motors around and still am one motor short that I have to replace (good excuse to get a Max Power or JP now). Hard lesson learned by me on this one. Reputable modders will be my ticket from now on.
Hey man, I feel for you, but allow me one question though:

Why in the world would you want to have a Collari modified engine improved by a basement dremel artist from TEXAS?

Two reasons why I wouldn't do that:

1. Collari might know what he's doing. He just won his 7th world championship!

2. George W. is also from Texas and he screws everything and everybody as well

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.