Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Nitro RS4 EvO 3 SS vintage project >

Nitro RS4 EvO 3 SS vintage project

Nitro RS4 EvO 3 SS vintage project

Old 08-19-2013, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default Nitro RS4 EvO 3 SS vintage project

OK Folks. Got this from a guy at work. HPI Nitro RS4 EVO 3 SS.

Its still new, never been run. It doesn't appear to be worth any money really. I think I'm going to tear it down and rebuild it for the site. its missing a couple of parts as far as i can tell. I was able to find the manual online and download it. Its missing the fuel tank, and one side of the engine mount. It might be missing some other stuff, but those are what i've found so far.

anyone know of other engine mounts that work on this car with this engine? It appears it takes HPI 86045 mounts, which are flashy purple units. I imagine there's a cheap silver or black version out there, curious if you guys know of any?

for a tank it takes HPI 87021, which is prevalent enough for me to source one relatively cheap.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You calling the EVO3 Vintage??? Haha I am still running a few of the older RS4 2's! A matter of the direction you want to take... These things are pretty nasty with a big block engine in them. I have swapped a few of my RS4-2's with the HPI K4.6 engines. Honestly the EVO 3 is a lot easier to do the conversion on. With a Savage engine mount and a few new holes drilled, your pretty much all set after that.

For oem parts. I see these all the time being parted out on ebay.