Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

WRC Racing - 1:8 Pan Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 05:56 PM
Tech Addict

Questions??

Any tips to build a no leak WRC Gear Diff? I've built numerous sealed Gear Diffs for Xray, Yokomo and even a couple of Awesomatix. I used Green Slime and Permatex Copper Gasket Seal like I have with electric cars but my first attempt at a WRC Diff wasn't as successful.

What are other WRC owners finding?
Old 04-23-2014, 04:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ElliotCanada
Any tips to build a no leak WRC Gear Diff? I've built numerous sealed Gear Diffs for Xray, Yokomo and even a couple of Awesomatix. I used Green Slime and Permatex Copper Gasket Seal like I have with electric cars but my first attempt at a WRC Diff wasn't as successful.

When built mine the rubber o ring broke, so I used permatex ultra grey ridged high torque rtv silicone gasket maker no leak yet and been in since built in november
Old 04-23-2014, 08:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ElliotCanada

John - also had an issue with the o-ring squeezing out , increasing the chamfer inside edge of the pulley seemed to cure the problem.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rick Davis
John - also had an issue with the o-ring squeezing out , increasing the chamfer inside edge of the pulley seemed to cure the problem.
U bought one also??... Looks like it's me vs
team WRC
Old 04-23-2014, 08:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for the tips guys! I have built a few and noticed a little squeeze out and other times they've gone together well. I may try Rick's method. Did you sand paper the plastic?

Originally Posted by gary47
When built mine the rubber o ring broke, so I used permatex ultra grey ridged high torque rtv silicone gasket maker no leak yet and been in since built in november
Originally Posted by Rick Davis
Old 04-24-2014, 05:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MrHistory
Thanks for the tips guys! I have built a few and noticed a little squeeze out and other times they've gone together well. I may try Rick's method. Did you sand paper the plastic?
Jason - Nope used a swivel deburring tool on the inside corner of the pulley - there is already a chamfer there I just made it a little larger - need to be a a little careful , if you get carried away pretty sure you will have no chance of sealing.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Taylorm
U bought one also??... Looks like it's me vs
team WRC
If you want, I have a engine for sale that should help you go faster.....
Old 04-24-2014, 01:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mcsquish
If you want, I have a engine for sale that should help you go faster.....
Already bought brand new.. Thanks.. Scott..
Old 05-18-2014, 07:21 PM
Tech Addict

Default diff problems

Hi Jason , ran car in Toledo this week end ran good just feeling car out but in last qualifier had car hooking on me, after some time looking at car found the out axle gears stripped teeth off both sides about 3 on each side. Has any one else had this problem?. Other than that car worked good for first time out for year.
Old 05-25-2014, 07:18 AM
Tech Addict

Hi Jason , ran car in Toledo this week end ran good just feeling car out but in last qualifier had car hooking on me, after some time looking at car found the out axle gears stripped teeth off both sides about 3 on each side. Has any one else had this problem?. Other than that car worked good for first time out for year.
Is Jason still around? asked question for about week no answer at all sites he was on?
Old 05-25-2014, 09:06 AM
Tech Addict

Is Jason still around? asked question for about week no answer at all sites he was on?
Sorry I didn't see your post. I have not seen this happen before. Lon mentioned you had this problem and I told him that you are welcome to call or pm me and we can try to figure out what is the issue. So feel free to pm your email address and we can get you up and running, although I was under the impression that Lon had gears he offered to give you.

Either way, feel free to reach out. I'm happy to help. Also, you can email me through www.irwinrc.com

This is the best way because I see my emails right away.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:12 AM
Tech Addict

As for as building a no leak diff, I would recommend Rick Davis's trick. He is a wealth of knowledge and trust that his solution works. Personally I have not had issues with the diff. I ran the same one all last season and it's still in my car and working fine.

Last edited by MrHistory; 05-25-2014 at 11:21 PM.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:14 AM
Tech Addict

Gary, it would be great if you can share a link for the oring gasket you found for the diff. Thanks!
Old 05-25-2014, 01:55 PM
Tech Addict

Gary, it would be great if you can share a link for the oring gasket you found for the diff. Thanks!
I picked mine up at HOME DEPOT IN GLUE SECTION BUT ANY AUTO STORE SHOULD HAVE IT. Did you get my email about diff gears?
Old 05-25-2014, 04:08 PM
Tech Addict

Sorry I didn't see your post. I have not seen this happen before. Lon mentioned you had this problem and I told him that you are welcome to call or pm me and we can try to figure out what is the issue. So feel free to pm your email address and we can get you up and running, although I was under the impression that Lon had gears he offered to give you.

Either way, feel free to reach out. I'm happy to help. Also, you can email me through www.irwinrc.com

This is the best way because I see my emails right away.
JASON when email me have some pictures send you about stripped parts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.