Tech Adept

Default Gt racing short or long chassis

What are the Pros and Cons of either chassis
Old 07-23-2013, 11:19 AM
Tech Addict

Smile GT or GT2.....

Originally Posted by tbo713
What are the Pros and Cons of either chassis
Check the current discussion on this topic on the RCTech thread....Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec. And its always 'different strokes for different folks'..........you'll see the topic of.........what type track will you run on?

In that search for your answer also check out '7.5 vs 777' chassis. 777 can steer better than a 7.5 and can be had in short or long chassis.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:03 PM
Tech Adept

So far we set up in a parking lot and I like the stability of the the long version of the team c car but everyone keeps telling me try the short chassis
Old 07-23-2013, 06:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tbo713
So far we set up in a parking lot and I like the stability of the the long version of the team c car but everyone keeps telling me try the short chassis
I had both Team C cars as well. I liked the performance of the Team C long chassis over the GT2 but my preference came down to the GT8 short chassis. In a parking lot scenario you wont have any trouble getting traction with the Team C and that sucker has mad steering. If you get a chance pop a PM or ask Marcus about the short vs Long on the Team C. He has them both dialed in from what I understand.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

I am about to do a long chassis build up starting next week. one to test out the new bodies and two to see if i can get it to be as quick as my short. back when i had my long chassis at first i really didnt have any knowledge about the car but now i have lots of new products ans setup knowledge that should make it much quicker. I have a customer that has all of my upgrades and my setup. At the last SWCS event he was able to run within 5 tenths of the quickest lap set by a Cobra, that pretty good considering his skill level is not near what mine is. One thing the long chassis is good for is driveablility, your not always worried about the rear stepping out and it should be more consistent . lastly the bodies just look so much better!! We will see I think we may see yet another step in the evolution of the class. We are already working on a Serpent long chassis conversion I think it will do wonders for it.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
I am about to do a long chassis build up starting next week. one to test out the new bodies and two to see if i can get it to be as quick as my short. back when i had my long chassis at first i really didnt have any knowledge about the car but now i have lots of new products ans setup knowledge that should make it much quicker. I have a customer that has all of my upgrades and my setup. At the last SWCS event he was able to run within 5 tenths of the quickest lap set by a Cobra, that pretty good considering his skill level is not near what mine is. One thing the long chassis is good for is driveablility, your not always worried about the rear stepping out and it should be more consistent . lastly the bodies just look so much better!! We will see I think we may see yet another step in the evolution of the class. We are already working on a Serpent long chassis conversion I think it will do wonders for it.
Flat chassis on a Serpent would be huge also. I do miss the long bodies like the Kyosho Audi R8, they just look much better scale wise. Im excited to see what Team C puts out for the new bodies, so far they have developed great bodies.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Is there much involved in converting a short to a long chassis Team C car?

BM
Old 07-24-2013, 09:05 AM
jpn
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think all you need is a rear center shaft and the long chassis for a TeamC
Old 07-24-2013, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jpn
I think all you need is a rear center shaft and the long chassis for a TeamC
Really? ... That would be good.

It will be interesting to see if Marcus can get the long chassis to work like his short does.

Not only that but those new Bodies he has are so cool.

I like the McLaren very much but they are for the long chassis.

BM
Old 07-24-2013, 09:09 AM
jpn
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Should steering be better with the long chassis, my thought is with the longer chassis, weight distribution will be more biased to the front, and should that give more steering response? And with the longer wheelbase make exit much easier not having to worry about the rear stepping out?
Old 07-24-2013, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jpn
Should steering be better with the long chassis, my thought is with the longer chassis, weight distribution will be more biased to the front, and should that give more steering response? And with the longer wheelbase make exit much easier not having to worry about the rear stepping out?
I think your right about the rear of the car being more stable and not so suseptable to stepping out as you say.
But I think it may actually lose some responce and not rotate quite so well,
It remains to be seen and as the short chassis does seam to have incredible 'turn-in' ..... the long chassis may well turn out to be a more well balanced car.

I think the long chassis coupled with 6 or 8 degree front knuckles may really open things up

One things for shure .... Marcus is going to put all his knowledge and experience behind seeing what he can get out of the long chassis now .... I know he wants to run those new bodies

BM
Old 07-24-2013, 11:40 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jpn
True but being front front biased doesnt allow for as much weight transfer so mid steering suffers as well as corner radius. With my new ackerman bar that should help and getting the weight down will also be a huge benefit. The other issue that i was having was the section where the chassis is stretched tends to flex longitudinally and that is never good. i think some small Stainless braces that go along the sides of the chassis where the guard holes are will get rid of that flex while adding a little bit of weight to the rear of the car. With the long chassis when the rear does step out you can simply drive through it since the car will not have a tendency to loop around . So IMO the disadvantage to the long chassis is the corner radius and corner speed, I should be able to tune those issues out. Alot has changed since i first ran mine early this year.

Originally Posted by British Menace
I think your right about the rear of the car being more stable and not so suseptable to stepping out as you say.
But I think it may actually lose some responce and not rotate quite so well,
It remains to be seen and as the short chassis does seam to have incredible 'turn-in' ..... the long chassis may well turn out to be a more well balanced car.

I think the long chassis coupled with 6 or 8 degree front knuckles may really open things up

One things for shure .... Marcus is going to put all his knowledge and experience behind seeing what he can get out of the long chassis now .... I know he wants to run those new bodies

BM
Only thing needed is the long chassis and center rear CVD. I think the CVD is aorund 30bux and the chassis around 100. not a bad investment to have the ability to run two different cars. 5* knuckles would be awesome but i dont think it will ever happen. Last month i made some adapters that convert the plastic hubs to 5*,they were a little fragile but man did they work good, I may have to figure out a way to make them stronger because it would be worth it. Your Right BM, those new bodies are making me try it out!!
Old 07-24-2013, 11:55 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TerribleTy
Flat chassis on a Serpent would be huge also. I do miss the long bodies like the Kyosho Audi R8, they just look much better scale wise. Im excited to see what Team C puts out for the new bodies, so far they have developed great bodies.
It would be really tough to convert the Serpent to flat, the front end is built around the angle so it would be expensive.

The new bodies are not TeamC
Old 07-24-2013, 12:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
It would be really tough to convert the Serpent to flat, the front end is built around the angle so it would be expensive.

The new bodies are not TeamC
Yeah I know it would take alot to get the Serpent to a Flat chassis, would be more of a Gen 2 or 2.0 type of move. Still would be really sweet!

I figured since you were the Team C man that's where you were getting the bodies from. Is there a new company making them?