R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-19-2006, 07:07 AM   #46
Tech Initiate

Smile

Pics of my fully tuned Mk.2, minus the Racy lower chassis plate (out of production) and a Racy carbon upper deck (in the post). Have spent around 175,000 JPY on this car, maybe more. A waste? Maybe...But I like the car and it is running great at the moment and I am very pleased with it.

Anyway, the pics and specs are all here on my website (web-friendly bite-size photo quality due to $hitty camera):

http://www.personal.leeds.ac.uk/~eas4cpm/

PS I am currently running ALL THREE of the engines shown in the specs of the car, so please feel free to ask if you want a comparison between them.

Bests,
Carbonfi_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:28 AM   #47
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonfi_dragon
Pics of my fully tuned Mk.2, minus the Racy lower chassis plate (out of production) and a Racy carbon upper deck (in the post). Have spent around 175,000 JPY on this car, maybe more. A waste? Maybe...But I like the car and it is running great at the moment and I am very pleased with it.

Anyway, the pics and specs are all here on my website (web-friendly bite-size photo quality due to $hitty camera):

http://www.personal.leeds.ac.uk/~eas4cpm/

PS I am currently running ALL THREE of the engines shown in the specs of the car, so please feel free to ask if you want a comparison between them.

Bests,

Simply awsome.

Cheers,

Sal
Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 12:33 PM   #48
Tech Regular

Default Won't let this thread die!

After leaving the wonderful world of R/C for 4 years I've decided to get back into things. Originally I just wanted to play with my buddies with our nitro mosnter trucks but I found myself hanging out with my other buddies at the LHS more. My LHS has an on-road track and the primary class of racing is 1/10 scale nitro sedan. I was set on getting a TM G4 since I wanted a belt driven pillow ball car but one lucky PM led me to the most beautiful, only partially assembled, fully hopped upped TG10 Mk2 Pro for a really ridiculous price. I'll just say my DX3R costs twice as much!
I went with the Mk2 simply out of my love for all things Tamiya. I've also heard nothing but good things about this car. I really mean that last part, I've been googling "TG10 Mk2" and even translating the foriegn language pages and read nothing but good things about this car. I'm kinda surprised Tamiya doesn't back it up in higher level racing.
Being is the US, I'm sorta worried about parts support for it. Especially considering Tamiya USA lists it as discontinued. I guess I'm late to the Mk2 party. Kinda disheartening considering how long Tamiya supported the Mk1 compared to the Mk2.

I know there's still people out there racing and bashing with this car. I could care less that the previous post before this one was over 2 years ago (yikes!) I'm not letting this thread die!
Chiefy 707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 12:44 AM   #49
Tech Regular

I wonder if this is how Nessie, Issie, and Champ felt when one day they looked around the lake and saw all the other plesiosaurs have disappeared.
The same has happened with the Mk2.

Anyways here's my car. Just finally got it running yesterday and today I spent the whole day at the track getting it to run correctly. I'm 98% of the way there, just a little more playing with the centax and the 2-speed and it's there. Man I love this car. It's so smooth and easy to drive

Old 10-24-2008, 12:45 AM   #50
Tech Regular

Another pic:

Old 10-25-2008, 05:38 PM   #51
Tech Adept

CHIEFY 707 Man you get around Good luck tomorrow at VRC I'll try to stop by tomorrow in the morning
Jimmy Jacobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:46 AM   #52
Tech Addict

Hello from France,

I raced sometimes with my Tg10Mk2.
Last Week End, I raced a 6 hours endurance race at my local track.

We finished 2nd, just 2 laps behind a strong RB3Rc powered XRay NT1 !!!

We set the best lap of the race.

We broke only a differential ring gear, that costs us 30 laps to repair.

http://www.automodelisme.com/modules...wtopic&t=35341

Usually, I race club races with the TG10 and regional champs with the NT1.

I will post a pic of the car after 6 hours!

Enjoy the TG10, a famous chassis.

Au revoir.
romuald31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:28 AM   #53
Tech Regular

Wassup Romauld31, were you using the molybdenum gears? Just wondering since those are supposedly stronger.

Just this past sunday was my very 1st race ever with the Mk2. It was also my 1st organized transponder race since 2000! I must say I'm in love with this car!
We ran 3 qualifiers and then the main. In the 1st heat, I took the lead in the beginning and held it the entire race. With 30 seconds to go and even though the race was already pretty much mine I decided to push it and go a bit faster. Sure enough I caught a gap between 2 boards at the beginning of the main straight and ripped off the entire left front assembly from the car. I was actually able to finish the race on 3 wheels though! My fastest lap was a little over half a second back from the fastest lap set, but my average time was the lowest.
I missed my 2nd heat since I was repairing the car. Luckily I had just happened to have the a couple of spare parts with me that happened to be the ones I needed. Except the shock tower. I used CA and accelerator and hoped for the best. It was a very hard hit since basically everything in the left front corner of the car broke off, from the bumper support to the upper and lower suspension pin blocks.
In the 3rd heat I took the holeshot from the starting beep. and came close to lapping slower traffic when I ran head on into my buddy who was facing the wrong way. (He himself was spun out by someone else.) My glued-together shock tower broke again and that was the end of that race.
Finally the main. Now that I knew the shock tower won't hold in a hard impact I wasn't expecting much. In the beginning of the race I was running midpack. I didn't want to push it since any crash will pretty much end my day so I had to depend on being smooth and consistent and hope the other guys make all the mistakes for me. By the 5 minute mark I was 2nd. My plan was to baby it in the 1st half of the main and push it when I can in the 2nd half. Once again I crashed when I was avoiding some of the slower traffic but I was so relieved the car didn't break! I dropped one position down to 3rd which was where I finished.
I was happy though since I knew my day could have been worse. I was really surprised how fast the car was considering I'm using the kit engine FR12R and the TM-9 pipe (which was super quiet!) I really like the combination of shaft drive and the one way which suited my driving style perfectly. It let me coast through turns faster than the belt cars. In the main the only car that was faster than me was my buddy's 720 with a Werks 12R. The whole week he was having problems with it and pretty much having shitty inconsistent runns each time he hit the track. The one time he had it hooked up though just had to be the main.
I love this car and look forward to playing with it even more. I'll probably stick with the FR12R engine and just try driving more agressively and play with the setup more.

Too bad Tamiya America is no longer supporting this car. It's far and away Tamiya's best nitro sedan yet and is surprisingly competitive. I can't say this enough but I really love this car.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:11 PM   #54
Tech Adept

Chiefy you have too much time on your hands LOL see you soon
Jimmy Jacobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 08:41 PM   #55
Tech Regular

Well, if I'm not on the comp googling "Tamiya TG10 Mk2" then I'm @ VRC doing something with my Mk2. That is, when I'm not @ work. Then I'm just daydreaming Mk2.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:52 PM   #56
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

<Being is the US, I'm sorta worried about parts support for it. Especially considering Tamiya USA lists it as discontinued.>

Chiefy 707,

Though Tamiya has listed the TG10 Mk.2 as discontinued, you will be able to find parts for it for a very long time. I have a Tamiya TA-04TRF (electric) which was discontinued 3 years ago. Tamiya still offers plenty of parts for this car and those that they are out of, I can find on a few japanese ebay stores. That's the great part about Tamiya.

I have a TG10 Mk.2 myself. It truly is a worlds apart from the original TG10. Unfortunately Tamiya just made it and didn't try to market it... they were too busy dominating the electric circuit with their TRF cars.

Anyhow, rest assured you will have lots of years enjoying this car.
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:20 PM   #57
Tech Regular

Oh believe me, parts have pretty much become a non issue for me since I've built up quite a collection of spares. Still it's one thing to run in the shop and get what you need, rather than wait till you can get internet and wait even longer for it to come in. It also helps having a big-name Tamiya driver a 5 minute drive or phone call away!
Old 12-10-2008, 10:14 AM   #58
Tech Elite

I live in Southern California.. and hobby shops here are becoming extinct. Even when there were stores, they never carried anything I wanted. I can't blame them.. running high inventories is costly.

Nonetheless, I have become accustomed to buying things on the internet. I order on Monday and come Thursday I usually have what I need in time for having fun on Sat / Sun.

What does the big name Tamiya driver use? TG10 Mk.2 as well or does he run electric?
Old 12-10-2008, 10:15 AM   #59
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by romuald31 View Post
Hello from France,

My TG10Mk2 2006 version.

What pipe and gas tank are you running?
Old 12-18-2008, 07:11 PM   #60
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raman View Post
I have a TG10 Mk.2 myself. It truly is a worlds apart from the original TG10. Unfortunately Tamiya just made it and didn't try to market it... they were too busy dominating the electric circuit with their TRF cars.

Anyhow, rest assured you will have lots of years enjoying this car.
Can I find out if TG10 Mk2 must use an engine that has the pilot shaft? Problem is I have an new old stock engine OS engine that doesn't come with pilot shaft, I was thinking of using the 'bolt on' pilot shaft that Mk1 uses, will that work?
rccollect is offline   Reply With Quote