Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what to get?? xray nt1 or serpent 747

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 09:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Default what to get?? xray nt1 or serpent 747

hi, I want to start racing on road, what is ur opinions about xray nt1 or serpent 747, which one I should buy????
Old 07-08-2013, 12:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Both are fantastic but I have seen the 747 living in the action that thing is monstrously fast on the straight and in the corners.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cfr68
hi, I want to start racing on road, what is ur opinions about xray nt1 or serpent 747, which one I should buy????
I`ve seen both, and the serpent is fast when setup right the xray is much more forgiving for not that experienced racers. In short you`ll be faster with the xray. a champion racer will be fast with what ever brand.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:17 AM
Tech Regular

I have had the 747 for about 3 weeks now. This car has more steering than any car I have driven before. Super quick everywhere on the track and very planted. As a bonus the parts are about half the price of xray.

Serpent all the way!
Old 07-08-2013, 11:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JJBinks
...As a bonus the parts are about half the price of xray...
...and half live or even less.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:41 PM
Tech Addict

I drive Serpents for a few reasons. The biggest reason is they are top quality kits with race winning engineering behind them. I have never had the problems with Serpent I have with other brands. Second, Part availability and the availability of option parts to build or tune the kit as you want. Third and most important, I have had very good interactions with Team Serpent at the larger races I have traveled too. From saving the day with a broken part to helping my get my car that much better Team Serpent has treated me very well. These are the only guys I have asked questions and gotten actual productive answers that have helped me as a racer.

Kudos to Team Serpent!

Disclaimer: I have never owned an Xray kit but I have talked with a few of their drivers. The main class run, GT, is not currently supported by Xray so this really limited our opportunities to interact. I have a very close eye on a few XRay kits but it is going to be very hard for me to stray away form Serpent in the future.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by roger999
...and half live or even less.
As long as you stay off the boards your fine . So far I have not had an issue. I will be traveling with the car next weekend to the Wisconsin Midwest series race. We shall see how it does there.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Go for the 747 or Capricorn C02....

The 747 is amazing car.

GHN
Old 07-08-2013, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

get what ever car has the most support for you in your area if you listen to people tell you what to get make sure they can support you if your not happy look at the track record not top drivers see where cars stack up in racing race results mean a lot
Old 09-17-2013, 04:28 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default What car should I pick?

THERES MANY REASONS PEOPLE CHOOSE A CERTAIN CAR AND ITS MOSTLY PEER PRESSURE TO GET WHAT WORKS OR WHAT EVERYONE IS RUNNING IS THE NORM THESE DAYS ...IM NOT GOING TO TELL YOU WHAT YOU NORMALY HEAR , IM SAY IT COMES DOWN TO WHAT YOU DECIDE AND THATS THE JOY OF IT ALL YOU HAVE MANY CHOICES BUT YOU HAVE TO MAKE THE FINAL DECISION REGARDLESS AND MOST GUYS FOLLOW THE EASY PATH AND RUN EVERYONE IS RUNNING AND LEAVE IT THEIR BUT BEING DIFFERENT IS REASONS WHY THERES MANY TO CHOOSE FROM SO DONT JUST TAKE SOMEONES ELSE'S ADVICE RESERCHED THE MARKET AND CHECK OUT THE PROS AND CONS BEFORE TAKING A RISK. ..IM A SERPENT DRIVER SO, IM SPEAK HIGHLY OF THE SERPENT CARS BUT THEY ARE TOP QUALITY AND ARE SUCCESFUL SO IT COMES DOWN TO YOU. .