Wiki Posts
Search

Night race

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 12:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Night race

I am trying to gauge support for a night race at Revelations raceway I have talked to a few people, the response has been very positive and I would like to know what the rest of the local racers think. Danna has definitely got the track prep figured out now and the daytime tempter is just too hot to race in the afternoon. We can get some more lights so visibility will not be a problem. They race off road on Saturday so how does Friday night sound? How about a swap meet too I have a bunch of junk I need to find some one to unload it on. What do you think would be a good day for it? Any input from local racers and bashers would be appreciated

Jim
Old 07-25-2006, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by J.Wright
I am trying to gauge support for a night race at Revelations raceway I have talked to a few people, the response has been very positive and I would like to know what the rest of the local racers think. Danna has definitely got the track prep figured out now and the daytime tempter is just too hot to race in the afternoon. We can get some more lights so visibility will not be a problem. They race off road on Saturday so how does Friday night sound? How about a swap meet too I have a bunch of junk I need to find some one to unload it on. What do you think would be a good day for it? Any input from local racers and bashers would be appreciated

Jim
Have you talked to Dana about this would be my first question.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:41 PM
Tech Regular

Yes Dana and I have spoken, why are you asking are you going to drive in from Vegas for a Friday night?

Jim
Old 07-25-2006, 10:43 PM
Tech Master

Yes Dana and I have spoken, why are you asking are you going to drive in from Vegas for a Friday night?

Jim
I might just do that.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:52 PM
Tech Regular

That's a hell of a drive but I'll personally save you a pit space,

Jim
Old 07-26-2006, 12:07 AM
Tech Master

That's a hell of a drive but I'll personally save you a pit space,

Jim
3 hours and 30 min and i bring my own pit space.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:19 AM
Tech Addict

just my two cent so take it how you want.

night racing at rev. isn't a bad ideal they had it before but it was more popular with electric than nitro many years ago. the reason why is because the electric cars were much easier to drive in those situations; meaning a dark not very lit track. with the speeds of the nitrosedan car now and 1/8th scale if you were considering those, then you guys need alot more lighting and i don't know if the crowd of racers would be enough to repay for the expense of the lighting. Second i don't think friday would be a very good night to have the race, first, unless you live very close to the track friday night traffic on the 10 and the 60 is brutal, so if someone got off work at 5 he/she better have all the stuff ready to roll once leaving work and head to the track to hopefully make it on time to sign up not much room left to practice and set up your car. Sat. would of course be a better night but its taken. Maybe Sunday night might work better. That way you can get there early to practice. maybe say 4 o'clock when its a little cooler and be ready to start racing around 5 and probably be done by lets say 10-10 :30 and still be able to make it to work on monday on time. Trust me i'm not shooting down your ideal, i race offroad on sat. night and it's alot of fun.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Race after work? Hmmm, we would see some racers with long sleeve and neckties wrenching their cars on the pit with briefcases instead of hauler bags.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:39 AM
Tech Regular

Yeah Mike I understand your reservations about the lights and spoke to Dana about them, I thought we could rent them but he says he could barrow enough light form work to make it drive able now as far as the day of the week I also recommenced Sunday night but Dana wants Friday night so maybe you guys can help me change his mind,,, let him know what you think when you see him. I just wann’a race and have fun and not get a sunburn. We need to support our local tracks so we have a place to race. .

Jim
Old 07-26-2006, 09:06 AM
Tech Master

SVM Raceway has a friday night races every 2nd and 4th fridays of evry month. come on down. there has been changes on the layout. we need more drivers. so far there are 8-10 drivers on 1/8 scale and 6-8 drivers on 1/10. so far it is just for bragging rights since there is not enough entrants. if we get more drivers who knows...
Old 07-26-2006, 09:52 AM
Tech Champion

Roughly how many people would join a night race ?